NHL 2005 Roster Attributes

TheAussiePosse

Just finished my first season in Dynasty Mode.

Lost the conference finals to Ottawa.

I made four trades and the team got really impressive...

Daze - Koivu - Kovalev

Zednik - Ribeiro - Ryder

Dagenais - Perreault - Bonk

Plekanec - Begin - Ward

Brisebois - Souray

Komisarek - Markov

Salo - Volchenkov

Craig Rivet and Marcel Hossa traded for Anton Volchenkov and a second round pick early

Jan Bulis, Jim Dowd and and the fourth round pick traded for Eric Daze early.

On trading deadline I traded Ron Hainsey, Karl Dykhuis and the third round pick for Sami Salo.

I love the look of the team. This is my dream of how a team should look. Daze is the kind of player we miss up front and Volchenkov and Salo is the type of player the defence need.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I jist started, got the game yesterday. Play with these lines:

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev

Heinze - Ribeiro - Ryder

Plekanec - Dowd - Ward

I only got Heinze of free agents. Played now a couple of matches and got my first win. But i still find it hard 2 play, al the options. But i'm getting more and more used to it!

[Edited on 2004/10/6 by Dutch_Habs_Fan]

I'm playing my first season on medium, and I'm first in the division, but Ottawa is on my ass. Computer still gives me some trouble on Medium, but I'll probably move up to difficult pretty soon, now that I am used to the new gameplay. I do like how this year's game is moer difficult. Last year I could win every game quite easily, even on difficult.

I finally found a way to play agianst a friend in my season. We have to start the game, and then it let's him switch over.

I play medium, won some games, but the last few i all lost. I just can't get the puck in the net. All the nhl games i had i figured out a great way to score. But not yet in 2005. I tried to shoot a lot, combine a lot (got hammered a lot, a lot of players out of the line-up now), a lot of one timers. Not much result. I find it also hard 2 get close to the net.

How do you guys play?

Daze - Koivu - Kovalev

Zednik - Ribeiro - Ryder

Plekanec - Begin - Ward

Brisebois - Souray

Komisarek - Markov

Salo - Volchenkov

Is Dagenais slow and soft like he is in real life?

What's Koivu's player rating?

I also have problems to score regularly but on the other side I really like that. So far I won every game except 2 (medium level - though I just played about 30 games :P) and it's quite cool to score different goals in every game. For e.g. in NHL 2004 or 2002 I always scored the same way and the game got bored quickly. Now I score lots of different goals - much better. ;)

@Dutch_Habs_Fan: I would also like to play online, perhaps we could do a HabsWorld league or something like that?

BTW: I've a router and so I won't be able to host a game.

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

Ratings are out of control. Koivu is 91 I think. All but like 3-4 teams are rated 85 and above.

Is 91 good compared to other top centers? What's the rating on Morrison, Cloutier, Naslund? Theodore?

Ribeiro? Perreault?

Of course I don't expect you to know all of the ratings, but can you remember any of these?

Cloutier is rated about the same as Theodore, around a 94. This is foolish, unless Cloutier's rating goes down 10 points in the playoffs.

Ribeiro is about 87 I think, Perrault low 80s I believe (I waived him before I started my season.

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

Cloutier is rated about the same as Theodore, around a 94. This is foolish, unless Cloutier's rating goes down 10 points in the playoffs.

Ribeiro is about 87 I think, Perrault low 80s I believe (I waived him before I started my season.

Just 10?

I wouldn't rate Cloutier higher than a 75 during the playoffs.

After finishing first in the Conference, the Habs made an early exit in the first round, losing in 7 games to the Devils. My friend scored the game winner with under a minute to go. A disappointing finish, but quite a bit of fun and very competetive.

Here are my lines for year 2:

Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev

Hossa-Ribeiro-Ryder

Bulis-Bonk-Ward

Plekanec-Dowd-Laraque

Markov-Komisarek

Souray-Brisebois

Bouwmeester-Hainsey

Theodore

Huet

I traded Rivet and my 2nd and 3rd round picks for Bouwmeester, and my 5th rounder for Laraque. I want to start Higgins on the 4th line, but the chemistry with him is terrible. I wanted to resign Begin, but I lowballed him and he stopped negotiating with me. Oh well, Dowd is just as good.

Originally posted by habsfannr1

@Dutch_Habs_Fan: I would also like to play online, perhaps we could do a HabsWorld league or something like that?

BTW: I've a router and so I won't be able to host a game.

I also have a router, and i was trying to get it fixed, so i also could host. It is possible. But now my computer broke (nothing 2 do with me trying to host, haha). So when im back, i'll try to get it done, and i let you know!!

Anyone more than me having trouble getting the defensive pairing get a chemestry at 100?

At the time the second pair with Volchenkov and Brisebois is the only ones at 100.

My third and fourthline has a chemistrylevel at 100...

Sunny, Perreault and Ryder

Charles, Bonk, Ward

Brisebois and Volchenkov has 100.

My other tow offensive powers had 90.

Daze, Koivu, Kovalev

Dagenais, Ribeiro, Zednik

Trading deadline at my second season as the GM of the Montreal Canadiens.

Things are rolling and I'm second after the Bruins.

When trading deadline was over I had a full set of lines with a chemistry level at 100.

So here it's is:

Daze - Koivu - Kovalev

Moreau - Ribeiro - Ryder

Sundström - Perreault - Zednik

Dagenais - Vermette - Laperriere

Ethan Moreau was aquired from the Oilers for Jan Bulis.

Ian Laperriere was aquired from the Senator for Radek Bonk. (Acctualy they proposed it)

Vermette cam from the Sabres for Chris Higgins.

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan

I also have a router, and i was trying to get it fixed, so i also could host. It is possible. But now my computer broke (nothing 2 do with me trying to host, haha). So when im back, i'll try to get it done, and i let you know!!

I have some problems with the graphic performance, I can only play without the audience but I think it shouldn't be a big problem for online playing. Perhaps you have some time this week for a game or 2? If I'm online you can find me at the Yahoo! Messenger.