2008 Federal Elections Results

KoZed

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats your circonscription?

I'm in Louis-Hebert. Looks like the Bloc will boot out Harvey from the PC.

Je suis à Hochelaga, la victoire du Bloc était tellement assurée que j'ai failli, mais vraiment failli, voter Néo-Rhino :lol: !

Peut pas croire que Blackburn a passé au Saguenay, bande de connards, ce gars là a rien fait pour les foresteries pendant la grosse crise, RIEN !

Verner a passé elle avec, what a shame !

Same Not really a surprise though, our Conservative MP has held on to this riding since 1993.

Must be good then since everyone likes him, no?

Must be good then since everyone likes him, no?

It's Calgary though. You have to really, really screw up to not get elected if you're a Conservative here.

It's a chick btw. Diane Ablonczy.

The average age of your riding must be 95 yrs old. :P

Holy crap, you got me interested so I did a search. That info was easier to find then I thought it would be. Turns out the majority of my riding is 25-44 Married Females. 7% of the riding is 65 or older.

Stupid Bloc. It would had been a majority easilly had it not been for them.

Altough the Liberals will be too busy in fighting to give any meaningful opposition to Harper, so thats almost a majority.

Stupid Bloc. It would had been a majority easilly had it not been for them.

Altough the Liberals will be too busy in fighting to give any meaningful opposition to Harper, so thats almost a majority.

:lol:

Stupid those who are not able to see that 2/3 of the Province hate the Tories !

Bu-bye Dion. Hello Ignatieff/Rae. Hello Liberal majority next election. Hurrah for something getting done after next election.
Rumour has it that at this very moment Dion is boarding up and jamming furniture as barricades at the doors and windows of Stornaway :lol:

Bu-bye Dion. Hello Ignatieff/Rae. Hello Liberal majority next election. Hurrah for something getting done after next election.

I don't know about that...the Liberals are 7 months away from a new leader, assuming they go that route...and then another year for that person to solidify their presence...and then they need to get funding in place for a real campaign. The Liberal coffers are pretty dry by most accounts...and they can't depend on big business contributions anymore which was where they made their dough. With less seats they also get less government campaign money and the NDP are raking in more.

There are also a lot of people in Ontario who don't like Rae going back to his years as Premier...so he could be a disaster in Ontario. The Conservatives will still likely dominate the West in the next election too. So, Ignatieff is probably the better party choice...but he doesn't seem to excite people in or out of the party either. He's largely been depicted, even in Liberal supporting mediums, as the back-stabber behind Dion...may not play well.

The Liberals are lacking a really strong leader that can pull the party together and excite people again...and no, I don't think Trudeau is that guy...ugh.

I think the Conservatives will hold power again for another 2.5 to 3.5 years before the Liberals could really call them on an election regardless who takes over. I can't see the Conservatives forcing an election again. If the economy really flops under the Conservatives I suppose the Liberals can claim, and even more importantly, pin some blame on them (I say "pin" since the US will dictate the bulk of our economic direction anyways). Then they have a shot at coming after a majority...it's too far out to predict IMO.

I heard Andrew Coyne say that Dion is not the issue but the sympton of a deeper issue in the Liberal party...which is an interesting point. The Liberals always had a good team of people and that hasn't been the case since 2004...they seem to have moved too far off the centre so people jumped to the Conservatives who seem to be moving into that void. They've got to get back to the "grass roots" of what made them so strong.

If they get back to being good fiscal managers with a realistic social conscience then I'd consider them...I don't think people realise how important Paul Martin was to the Liberals...he made Chretien look good for years. Usually the finance minister is made a goat by the PM and Chretien left Martin in that post for years hoping that he was leaving him enough rope to hang. Instead Martin made Chretien look brilliant...the Liberal party has never been the same since their rift.