Habs vs. Bruins | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, they got the two points...but somehow that game just doesn't feel like a win. I'm thinking Boston goes away with a little more confidence for the next game.

Exactly what I was thinking. I don't know about the rest of you, but i'm still somewhat pissed off by the performance of our boys for the last 40 minutes of this game! We just handed our arch-rivals 1 point, that may come back to bite us in the ass later on in the year.

AS far as the 3rd Boston goal is concerned, there's no way you can blame Price for it. It was a freak occurence, and the Bell Centre Staff had better make sure to fix that "dent" in the boards before the next game!

Ah ###### STAY IN YOUR ######IN NET YOU STUPID ######!!!!!

every goalie has to go get that puck behind the net. it was just a stupid bounce. in no way was that carey's fault.

First time I have been happy with Ryder's weak deke in the shootout.

The guy should go out and rifle for the top shelf every time, at worst he will hit 4 of 10,

much more effective than his actual percentage

Well, they got the two points...but somehow that game just doesn't feel like a win. I'm thinking Boston goes away with a little more confidence for the next game.

they got cocky being up 3-0 after 1 they have got to keep their foot on the gas like they did against Tranna laffers. It's a young team and they will learn. Too many dumb penalties tonite. Price was very good. How's that glove hand look now boys?

Thoughts:

Obyrne was physical

Koivu wasn't at his best

Marky another 2 assists

Carey played good and can't be faulted for their last goal

George didn't waste any time

Laps may have just sent Chips a ticket to Hamilton

May have been Dandy's last game?

Breeze played GREAT tonight

:ghg:

every goalie has to go get that puck behind the net. it was just a stupid bounce. in no way was that carey's fault.

While the bounce was unfortunate, a goalie really should think long and hard about leaving his crease when the other team is up a man. I like the odds better if he stays in the net, even if the other team recovers the puck.

While the bounce was unfortunate, a goalie really should think long and hard about leaving his crease when the other team is up a man. I like the odds better if he stays in the net, even if the other team recovers the puck.
That's a tough call IMO. Price did what he should have but it all went wrong. No player, not a forward nor a defenceman or a goalie can get away/should get away from instinct. Hockey is a spontanous game. Instinct like the greats have is what wins, not players second guessing themselves. Price gets a free pass again-he earned it. His instincts were better than his gaffes tonight-even on that stinker IMO!

Damn Bell Centre crew better get that kink in the boards fixed. We defend that side twice too...

I'm sure it will be good by tomorrow.

Good game overall. We took our foot of the gas, and those 2 stupid penalties almost killed us, but I'm happy we prevailed. In no way can Carey be blamed for the 3rd goal. Like so many have said, that's a routine play, and you can't expect someone to go against one's instinct on the 0.000000001% chance that something ridiculous might happen. Price was solid in the shootout, and went well to quell my fears from the shootout against Buffalo. Gotta love that it was Ryder losing the game with his patented Atom house league deke. Great game from Laps!

Can't wait for the Laraque vs. Thornton rematch!

Seriously. a fault in the board, a sheer fluke. Price kept us in the game during the 40 minute nap and someone has the nerve to dump on Price for a 1 in a million bounce? Get real.

How can we be satisfied when a team played great for thirty minutes, blown off

a 3 goal lead and played defense so horribly in the third on a strategy of 1 checking,

4 sleeping at the blue line.

Detroit prooved it last year, the best defense is puck control, never give the puck to the opponent

and keep these legs moving all the time, for sake they are rolling 4 lines for keeping high energy to

everybody.

I am not happy with this win, neither with the result they gave 1 point to a division rival, at least there is

two points.

7 out of 8 points is pretty good. I'll agree with some of the posters in last night they took a couple of periods off and Price certainly kept them in it. The Habs can be a dominating team when they work for tmore then 10 minutes a night. The Bruins game was there 4th game in 6 nights so that may have something to do with it. As other posters said, when you grab the lead you finish the job, you don't stand around and watch.

Anyone bashing Price needs to get a grip, every game he has played in they have given up close to 35 shots a game. The D needs to get it together.

I actually only have a couple of complaints

1. the amount of stupid penalties this team takes is disturbing, GC needs to get control of that and start benching people.

2. Work ethic: They take too much time off during games and leave the goalies out to dry. They need to pick it up.

They could certainly shoot more, it's already getting old watching them throw it around for a bit then turn it over without even a shot.

All in all, very good start and a few days off, i expect a different team on Saturday.

Not a terrible game but we took off the second half. We've still got a few things to work out but in the meantime we're just too damn good to be beaten with mistakes or not. Each loss we get this season will be the result of a serious lack of effort seeing as we have the firepower to blow teams away even while playing sloppy.

I'm a bit worried about Andrei - is he suffering from Ryder syndrome? He seems to be going out of his way to show everyone that he's a complete player, but at the same time, he's been doing less offensively. I don't think he'll have the collapse that Ryder did but I don't want to see him slumping, that could drag his whole line down.

Any news on Dandy's situation.

Is he still on the bubble, made the team, or shortly will be shipped?

Edited by MMPL

Any news on Dandy's situation.

Is he still on the bubble, made the team, or shortly will be shipped?

As far as i know there is no situation with Dandenault just speculation and it's worth what it's worth.

4 games he played yet, he cannot complain and his play is ok.

He played ok for ten minutes last night on his off wing, had a pass on the Lapierre goal.

I would prefer other depth but he is the depth Habs have on contract. And injuries are frequent thse days, now Koivu.

If Carbo can be patient enough to keep Koivu-Tanguay-Latendresse together for another 10-12 games, these three together are gonna rip it up! They are awesome together!

They're not quite there yet - and are highly inconsistent - but that line has shown great potential at times; they showed great stuff in the first period last night. With a little bit more chemistry, they could be one of the good offensive lines in the NHL, probably as good if not better than the Plekanec line.

Not the greatest game, but hopefully it will be a lesson to be learned. And we got the two points, which is the important thing. Bring on Phoenix and Wayne Gretzky.

The Canadiens clearly demonstrated that they can be in a league of their own in the first period; it was almost embarassing for the Bruins. Carbonneau has some work to do strategy-wise, but this team clearly has the potential to be a dominant force that when "on", only another force like the Detroit Red Wings can stop.