Habs vs. Bruins | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

I only started to watch with 2 min left in the third since i got home late but i was able to pretty watch the most impotrtant parts of the game.

Just a really un lucky bounce and Taguay bailed us out. Price looked pretty good in the shootout.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the GC strategy problem? Read the quotes from the players, they continually stop playing when they get a lead. It has been going on since last year. I will guarantee GC tells them all the time to play hard for 60., when they get the lead i'm also sure GC doesn't say, ok boys, your 10 minutes of hard work is over, now stand around and if the goalie can get us a win. They didn't change the way they played against the Leafs, they kept the throttle on all night.

Good teams learn to play consistant all night every shift. People forget they still got 7 out 8 point s so far. They'll learn to play for a full 60 or they'll start losing, simple as that.

Is it just me or does Tanguay seem COnsiderbly more "hockey smart" then his linemates. It's like he is 2 moves ahead of everyone in all 3 zones.

Price was outstanding. In no way, shape or form was that last goal his fault.

You're probably right...it's more a failing of the coaching policy on that (and other) situations where the other team has a man advantage. I STRONGLY believe that the tender should stay in his net in those situations, as that extra man seems to increase the chances of something bad happening tenfold even when the tender gets to the puck. If the Habs playbook says Price has to go get it in that situation, then fine....it's entirely not his fault. If it was a judgement call though, I still say it was poor judgement.

GL landed a few good lefts to the back of the head.

If only they'd been to the face...he woulda mangled him.

You're probably right...it's more a failing of the coaching policy on that (and other) situations where the other team has a man advantage. I STRONGLY believe that the tender should stay in his net in those situations, as that extra man seems to increase the chances of something bad happening tenfold even when the tender gets to the puck. If the Habs playbook says Price has to go get it in that situation, then fine....it's entirely not his fault. If it was a judgement call though, I still say it was poor judgement.

We never know how the play would develop. If the puck goes around the net and is taken by a Bruins who set up a tic tac toe goal, then we would all be like : "Damn why Price didn't go their to stop the puck, it was routine play."

They're not quite there yet - and are highly inconsistent - but that line has shown great potential at times; they showed great stuff in the first period last night. With a little bit more chemistry, they could be one of the good offensive lines in the NHL, probably as good if not better than the Plekanec line.

I think that line has been great but everything has been a split-second off. At the end of every passing play, the shooter bobbles the puck, stuff like that. What I like is that all three of them are good playmakers so, like on the Kovalev line, they're always looking to find eachother.

Tanguay and Koivu look almost identical on the ice. Imagine them with Plekanec, no one would know who's who.

Sorry, it's obviously Boston commentators. They give Thornton the W :angry:

Amazing he got the win. How is that possible when you hold on for dear life the whole time?

He threw 2 punches after Laraque got his balance and about 5 in total.

If the Habs playbook says Price has to go get it in that situation, then fine....it's entirely not his fault. If it was a judgement call though, I still say it was poor judgement.

It's in the playbook for all teams who have goalies who are good at handling the puck (ie: Devils, Dallas etc...) Price had to go out of his net to intercept that puck. It was a fluke that it ended up in front of him. Live and learn. IN anycase, had the boys up front buried their chances in the 2nd and 3rd, this game would have finished 4-3 or 5-3, in which case that 3rd Boston goal would have been inconsequential!

Sorry, it's obviously Boston commentators. They give Thornton the W :angry:

thanks for the link. it almost looked like thornton got him by surprise at first and them george got going. He will want to get him next time.