Soft Schedule?

saskhab

http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app?service=...ge=TeamSchedule

Kind of a weird schedule coming up here. After starting with 4 games against rivals, we've now got 4 games at home against sunbelt teams, and then off on a 4 game road trip that against teams that are either weak or we never see.

Oct 18: vs. Phoenix

Oct 20: vs. Florida

Oct 25: vs. Anaheim

Oct 28: vs. Carolina

Oct 30: at Minnesota

Nov 1: at Long Island

Nov 7: at Columbus

Nov 8: at Toronto

Only the Carolina and Toronto games have any semblence of a recent or historical rivalry to them, and 4 of the games are against Western Conference teams. Only two of our next 8 opponents made the playoffs last year, and it's hard to imagine that any more than 3 (and that could be a bit high) of that group will qualify for the playoffs this year.

In mid-November, the schedule gets to look pretty normal again. Just a weird stretch against teams that fans are largely indifferent to (minus the Toronto game).

Kind of a weird schedule coming up here. After starting with 4 games against rivals, we've now got 4 games at home against sunbelt teams, and then off on a 4 game road trip that against teams that are either weak or we never see.

Oct 18: vs. Phoenix

Oct 20: vs. Florida

Only the Carolina and Toronto games have any semblence of a recent or historical rivalry to them, and 4 of the games are against Western Conference teams. Only two of our next 8 opponents made the playoffs last year, and it's hard to imagine that any more than 3 (and that could be a bit high) of that group will qualify for the playoffs this year.

In mid-November, the schedule gets to look pretty normal again. Just a weird stretch against teams that fans are largely indifferent to (minus the Toronto game).

It would be nice to come away from that with 6-7 wins

A soft schedule with a lot of time off between games.

For 6 games played there is 16 day offs

Having 4 days break two times in the beginning of the season.

This is way too soft.

After that in november from the 7th to the 29th

It's 13 games and 10 day off. More than a game evey second day.

The headcase in the first part is when can we start Halak to give him some ice time

without sitting Price for five days. My call would be to play him against Phoenix and Minnesota.

All that because he will be needed a lot in the november strech.

I sure hope the players are not looking at it like this.

They have only really controlled one game from start to finish, I hope they take it one game at a time and really dominate these weaker opponents.

Lots of weak teams and lots of free time to rest but I don't see any free points.

4 of them are Western teams and they always give us trouble, especially ones that might be able to shut down our offense like Minnesota and Anaheim.

1 of them is Carolina!

Florida is another defensive team relying purely on their goalie, those points are never free.

The Islanders seem to give us trouble, they play work hard, play tight defense and have a solid goalie.

The last game is against the Leafs who often give us trouble. (However, I don't think the Leafs stand a chance against us this season, I think we have as good a chance as ever of sweeping that series).

Let me just say, any NHL team can beat any other on a given night, so you have to work hard for every single point. Sometimes even your best effort will result in a loss, and sometimes the bounces will just go your way and you'll luck out a win when you didn't play well. That being said, if the Habs work hard, this should be a successful 8 game streak since theoretically, the bounces and calls will even out over an extended period of time even if they cost you a specific game in there.

I also implied "soft" in kind of a fan's term... the Bell Centre probably won't be as rocking for the next four games as they would be if it was Detroit, the Rangers, the Pens and Leafs, for example. None of these games are those "premium priced" events. So the games will feel a bit less meaningful to the average fan cheering the Habs on. Just an observation that we aren't facing a group of teams we have that much attachment for.

And also, if the Habs go on a run here, it should be kept in perspective. They wouldn't be world-beaters if they had a successful 8 game span here. Really, it's what we should expect and hope they achieve.

I suspect they will have at least one game that annoys the crap out of us. They do have a habit of playing down (although i was encouraged by their play against the leafs) and they like to sit on a lead more then I would like.

Still, if they are going to screw a game, I hope it is early so that Carbo can give them a message. :)

Still, if they are going to screw a game, I hope it is early so that Carbo can give them a message. :)

He should be giving them a message after yesterday's game. I can't imagine Carbo was too happy about getting 20 minutes worth of effort from his team during that game.

Rematch with Minny will be interesting.

Yeah...I'd say Laraque vs. Boogaard will be 'interesting' ;)

He should be giving them a message after yesterday's game. I can't imagine Carbo was too happy about getting 20 minutes worth of effort from his team during that game.

Yeah...I'd say Laraque vs. Boogaard will be 'interesting' ;)

That's what I was hinting :)

See Belak Boogaard last night?

Belak won the fight for sure I was surprised.

See Belak Boogaard last night?

Belak won the fight for sure I was surprised.

Wow, I thought Boogaard was one of is not the league's best (6'7 270lbs!)

Soft schedule?

Don't take anything for granted.

Boston and Philly were supposed to be easy playoff wins due to our record against them in the regular season.

We're a really good team... but even really good teams lose when they shouldn't (Toronto vs. Detroit, case in point)

Oct 18: vs. Phoenix W

Oct 20: vs. Florida W

Good start :)