Higgins on the 3rd line upon his return

MAK

as per RDS

I hope Higgins doesn't see it as a demotion. he will be playing with quality players in sergei and Lang. he will also see his share of PP and PK.

I think that the slower players that are Guillaume and Robert will both benefit from having speed on their side.

MAN !! I really love these lines !! I think only Detroit can match us on the offense !!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember the big controversy surround Guy Lafleur last year, when he said the Habs had four 4th line?

That's funny, because this year we have three 1st line. Playing with Lang-SKost or Koivu-Tang changes very little

I hope Higgins gets a couple of goals on Saturday night! That way we can really say that we have three 1st lines!

Heck, I hope Plekanec gets a couple of goals so we can really say we have three 1st lines. Our "top" line has been the least productive of the 3 so far (probably due to facing top D pairs consistently).

I don't remember the last time I was in love with a Habs lineup like I am for this one.

I even love the players in the stands !!!! Before, it was Kyle Dykhuis and Garth Murray !

By the way, Carcillo will miss tomorrow's game against us.

Heck, I hope Plekanec gets a couple of goals so we can really say we have three 1st lines. Our "top" line has been the least productive of the 3 so far (probably due to facing top D pairs consistently).

I think they still need a bit more games to gel and for the execution timing to get used to the increased emphasis put on offense. I dont know if I'm the only one who noticed it, but our game as way more flow than last year. Hamrlik wasnt pinching in that much last season. We werent rolling 4 speedy lines all game long. We werent attacking the net so much. The overall game plan is the same in the defensive zone but from the neutral zone in there's been some changes.

As i said in the preseason, Higgins with Lang and SK is a very good line combo. Higgins forechecks, scores, plays D and does all the little things. However he does need people to set him up. SK fits the bill and Lang can control the puck, pass and score. It is a very balanced line.

The Tanguay Koivu and Lats is balanced because Lats has good hands, plays around the net, Koivu does what he always does and tanguay is a great passer and playmaker, very smart and plays well in all 3 zones.

I wouldn't worry about the ice time, if your linew is performing you'll get the minutes.

It'll be interesting to see the chemsitry on this new line with Lang Skost and Higgy... I'm hoping they click. I like Lats with Tang and Saks... although I do remember in the one exhibitiion game they played together (Higgins Tang and Koivu) they had pretty terrific chemistry too.

Really, I think both Lats and Higgins should be happy regardless of which line they play on... All of these lines are terrific.

Actually Latendresse is tied with Koivu for the lead with 5 points.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app?service=...&page=Stats

Actually, Markov is in the lead with 6 points (all assists).

Poor Markov... everyone always seems to forget about him. :lol:

EDIT: Oops, sorry, just noticed you guys were talking about forwards only! Anyways, still want to throw out some love for Markov :D

Edited by chief_balthor

I was hoping for this. Not because Higgins doesn't deserve the 1st line, he does deserve it. However, Gui has been effective on the 1st line. It sort of reminds me of EA sports when I'm setting up my lines. When the going gets tough I dress 3 balanced attack lines instead of having two moreso stacked first 2 lines. I hope our opponents shudder at this.

Higgins-Lang-S.Kostitsyn.

I LIKE IT

ilisc2.png

Playing with Robert Lang and Sergei Kostsitsyn isn't exactly a demotion, especially since I believe the Koivu has been getting the least ice-time so far (hardly 2-3 minutes more than the forth liners). Where Higgins mgith be demoted is on the powerplay unless Carbonneau plays politics ( ;) ) and removes Latendresse even though he's been doing well.

Edited by CerebusClone

They must've taken a point away from Sergei, I remember seeing him with 5 points to his name after the Philly game.

So did I. I clearly remember seeing his point totals at 5 (2G-3A) on ESPN.com. But for some reason, he is now at 4 points only???

They took an assist away from Sergei to award it to Latendresse instead.

Ahhh!! Thanks!

I really have a good feeling that this will be SK74, AK46 and GL84 break-out seasons.

Edited by Habsfan

Ahhh!! Thanks!

I really have a good feeling that this will be SK74, AK46 and GL84 break-out seasons.

I really hope as this could give Gainey the opportunity not to resign Alex Kovalev, and to better invest his money elsewhere. However, these kids need to step up, especially Andrei Kostsitsyn who would be more or less taking Kovalev's spot as the offensive leader. This is why I would like to see AK46 eventually be the game-breaker on his own line, perhaps with Koivu and Tanguay (Latendresse could play with Plekanec and Kovalev).

I really hope as this could give Gainey the opportunity not to resign Alex Kovalev, and to better invest his money elsewhere. However, these kids need to step up, especially Andrei Kostsitsyn who would be more or less taking Kovalev's spot as the offensive leader. This is why I would like to see AK46 eventually be the game-breaker on his own line, perhaps with Koivu and Tanguay (Latendresse could play with Plekanec and Kovalev).

I don't know man. We'll have to wait and see, but I would bet Kovy will be signed. His skill is amazing, and the youngsters are learning so much from him.

I think they still need a bit more games to gel and for the execution timing to get used to the increased emphasis put on offense. I dont know if I'm the only one who noticed it, but our game as way more flow than last year. Hamrlik wasnt pinching in that much last season. We werent rolling 4 speedy lines all game long. We werent attacking the net so much. The overall game plan is the same in the defensive zone but from the neutral zone in there's been some changes.

Hammer was pinching in all the time last season. More than any other D on our team.

The biggest change to the offensive game is that adding Tanguay and Lang made our offence go from #1 in the league to just fùcking dominant. Now, we have wave after wave of attack.