Habs vs. Panthers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

Thanks for all the well wishes for my Dad, the surgery went off without a hitch. Finding a room for him took longer than the surgery itself, haha. One down, one to go!

Go Habs Go! Just got done watching the game and it was nice to them win once again after blowing a lead. This team is tenacious!

Good luck with number 2. when does it happen??

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few days after the Habs are in town, so unfortunately it doesn't look like he'll be able to make it to the game with me.

Well, hopefully he'll be able to watch it online if he's out of the hospital (I assume you have the RDS package) and Les Boys will win him one. God Bless...

Well, hopefully he'll be able to watch it online if he's out of the hospital (I assume you have the RDS package) and Les Boys will win him one. God Bless...

Nope, the RDS thing isn't available in the US. They want everyone here to buy the NHL Gamecenter thingy. However, pretty much every Jackets game is on TV so he'll still be able to watch. I think I am eventually gonna get the Gamecenter, too. You get 60 days free if you buy NHL 2k9, so I used a Gift Card to buy the game and am gonna sell it as soon I get the promo code from it. Then if I sign up on November 3rd, I'll get 60 days free and then the rest of the season for 70 bucks. I end up missing about 3 weeks and end up paying maybe 85 bucks for something that costs 170. Not too bad.

Fanpuck, make sure to send plenty of angry letters to GameCenter about blacking out the NHL Network games. I'd include something like "If you are going to black me out, make it easier for me to buy the games on my cable package". Right now if I wanted to get NHL Network, I'd need to spend like an extra $9 a month to get the sports package and the only other channel I'd want is the NFL Network. I already get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Classic, ESPN News, 2 FSNs, BigTen, CSTV, VS, CSN, TBS, TNT, and WGN on my regular digital package... I'm supposed to pay $9 for NHL, NFL, and Gol?

Anybody know what's wrong with Komi?

He still has his usual hits and blocked shots, but he doesn't look the same out there (getting beat lots, making dumb moves with puck)

Hope he snaps out of it.

I think he was just surprised to see that the Florida forwards were soooooo freakin' fast! Florida is one of the top 5 fastest teams in the league(maybe even top 3).

I think he was just surprised to see that the Florida forwards were soooooo freakin' fast! Florida is one of the top 5 fastest teams in the league(maybe even top 3).

It's not just againts the panthers though.

He hasn't had one solid game yet.

Fanpuck, make sure to send plenty of angry letters to GameCenter about blacking out the NHL Network games. I'd include something like "If you are going to black me out, make it easier for me to buy the games on my cable package". Right now if I wanted to get NHL Network, I'd need to spend like an extra $9 a month to get the sports package and the only other channel I'd want is the NFL Network. I already get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Classic, ESPN News, 2 FSNs, BigTen, CSTV, VS, CSN, TBS, TNT, and WGN on my regular digital package... I'm supposed to pay $9 for NHL, NFL, and Gol?

Geez, they don't even throw in FoxSoccer?

It's not just againts the panthers though.

He hasn't had one solid game yet.

I disagree. He played a good game against Toronto.

IN this morning's LaPresse, there's an article by François Gagnon. IN it he says that Komisrek is yet again leading the league in Bodychecks and blocked Shots.

He is 1st in the NHL with 30 body checks (Latendresse is 5th with 23)

He is 1st in the NHL with 27 blocked Shots

He is 6th in the NHL with a +/- rating of +6

These are all excellent numbers, more than excellent! This is what we expect from Komisa-REX.

I agree that he does seem to be a bit unsure of himself when skating backwards, but my guess is that he's still a little rusty. As the season progresses, he'll keep getting better!! I'm not even worried about him!

Nope, the RDS thing isn't available in the US. They want everyone here to buy the NHL Gamecenter thingy. However, pretty much every Jackets game is on TV so he'll still be able to watch. I think I am eventually gonna get the Gamecenter, too. You get 60 days free if you buy NHL 2k9, so I used a Gift Card to buy the game and am gonna sell it as soon I get the promo code from it. Then if I sign up on November 3rd, I'll get 60 days free and then the rest of the season for 70 bucks. I end up missing about 3 weeks and end up paying maybe 85 bucks for something that costs 170. Not too bad.

Man, that sucks! but you've figured a good workaround and your video quality will be better than those of us watching it on RDS...

Panthers just managed to shot 21 time on the Sens net last night and got the win.

This tells me two things

1 Gerber is a swiss cheese

2 Habs defense is easy to go throught. 37 shots is way too much. The right side D'S are

low average this year and opponents knows it. Gorges back on the right side should help.

Panthers just managed to shot 21 time on the Sens net last night and got the win.

This tells me two things

1 Gerber is a swiss cheese

2 Habs defense is easy to go throught. 37 shots is way too much. The right side D'S are

low average this year and opponents knows it. Gorges back on the right side should help.

I watched both games.

In the Sens game the Panthers dominated down low and worked more of a possession game but against the Habs they were more run and gun and shot the puck pretty much each time they crossed the blue line.

Also road teams in Ottawa get jipped out of a lot of shots.

Habs defense > Sens Defense.

Well, the early going does suggest that we could still use an upgrade to the 4th-defenceman slot. Hammer/Markov/Komisarek are one of the best top-3s in the league, but Gorges may not quite be there as a top-4 defenceman...and lord knows none of the other guys cut it.

A minor problem now, but it'll look worse in the playoffs when teams are forechecking with reckless and merciless abandon.

Well, the early going does suggest that we could still use an upgrade to the 4th-defenceman slot. Hammer/Markov/Komisarek are one of the best top-3s in the league, but Gorges may not quite be there as a top-4 defenceman...and lord knows none of the other guys cut it.

A minor problem now, but it'll look worse in the playoffs when teams are forechecking with reckless and merciless abandon.

ya, the offense looks pretty good, still missing Higgins, but the D seems to be struggling a little bit. Komi, OB and Breezer all having their rough moments.

As for this, Bouwmeester will be shopped around later in the season and that may be the addition we need for the run. We wouldn't necessarily need to re-sign him after the year.

Also road teams in Ottawa get jipped out of a lot of shots.

are you saying the stat-keeper mis-marks visitor shots as missed shots? if so Ottawa's shooting percentage against at home should be higher than shooting percentage against away. I wish there were better resources for hockey stats so I could check that out.

are you saying the stat-keeper mis-marks visitor shots as missed shots? if so Ottawa's shooting percentage against at home should be higher than shooting percentage against away. I wish there were better resources for hockey stats so I could check that out.

Yes that's what I'm saying.