Habs vs. Panthers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Low intensity game, that is why we usually lose to these guys. Boring hockey.

halak played a super game.

11 for 6 games. Maybe my 30 pnts in 21 games was low?

ps, good to see you Spidey NL!!!

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Well that sure was a hard earned win. The Panthers are a lot better than I tought. Lot more entertaining to watch than they were under Jacques Martin, too.

They lulled us to sleep, as usual. I thought things might change with Jacques Martin not behind the bench anymore, but this is clearly his system that they're still playing. Only difference is that they seem better in the offensive end.

Edited by sbhatt

Good forecheck attack by the Panthers tonight. I'll give them credit. Did we practice today? Our passes were way off by and large. Most of our players seemed to be on the wrong side of the puck alot this game. The best thing the Habs IMO did was along the boards, even though they lost many battles the puck was kept to the perimeter.

Ultra boring game but I left with a smile on my face and that's all that matter to me.

By the way....you say "ultra boring" The guys on VS were acting like we were watching Montreal against Russia on New Years eve. I get the fact that the Panthers are better and faster then we all thought, but geez VS actually called it a treat to witness. :wacko:

By the way....you say "ultra boring" The guys on VS were acting like we were watching Montreal against Russia on New Years eve. I get the fact that the Panthers are better and faster then we all thought, but geez VS actually called it a treat to witness. :wacko:

What can you expect? Versus isn't exactly a hockey channel. It's barely a channel at all!

If it wasn't for the late penalty from Laps, I doubt my heart rate would have increased at all. :D I was less than impressed by most of the Habs' efforts tonight, but we got the win, and that's a lot. FLA actually did employ a fast, aggressive forecheck, but we could have countered that with a better effort. I thought that Halak, Koivu, Laps and Markov played well. Chips helped his case (I love his hockey smarts) but I don't think he'll keep his spot. It was nice to see Pleks score, and hopefully more will follow. I didn't think Sergei was the best fit on the Pleks line, but he might need more time to adapt.

'Grats to Saku on his 600th point!

It was nice to see Bouillon back in action and actually kick out Brisebois of the line up.

The Panthers shot 36 time on goal because the Habs gave the puck way to much and to

easily.

The Plekanek line doopsy-doodle play created at least 5-6 turnovers.

Defensively i never seen Breeze-by and O'byrne skate the puck out of the night,

all they have done is lob it at the blue line.

Habs were lucky that Halak saved the night.

4 day off before the next game, i really hope they use it to practice the transition play and

fix that power play, something is broken there.

And hope that the wounded heal.

Glad for the win, but what a boring, poorly-played game.

Hopefully Carbo uses the break to work on defensive coverage and breakouts. So far this year, we've seen both goalies play exceptionally well... the bad news is that they've had to.

Well that was definitely a 2 point game. Other then that, pretty weak effort by most. The Panthers dominated them for long periods of time. Halak was great. The Habs had a few 10 periods where they were really good.

O'Byrne was horrible. I beleive he was benched in the third. Brisby and Komi weren't much better.

A few days off to work on the D zone and see who is healthy.

Chipchura had some nice plays. The koivu line was good. Anyone seen Kovalev?

Turnovers were just awfull last night, they definitely had more turnovers then shots.

Jeez, i wouldn't want to read the comments on these boards had the Habs lost this game!

I know that the Panthers used to play really boring hockey, but I'm not ready to say that thjis was a boring game!

The Panthers had 36 shots on Net, the Habs had 34. That's a grand total of 70 shots. Both teams had at least 5-6 GOOD scoring opportunities. Just because the score was low, doesn't mean that this was a boring game. The Panthers use an aggressive forecheck. They always make sure that the guy who has the puck on the opposing team, has traffic in front of him, they do this to cause turnovers, and It seemed to work

Thanks for all the well wishes for my Dad, the surgery went off without a hitch. Finding a room for him took longer than the surgery itself, haha. One down, one to go!

Go Habs Go! Just got done watching the game and it was nice to them win once again after blowing a lead. This team is tenacious!

Jeez, i wouldn't want to read the comments on these boards had the Habs lost this game!

I know that the Panthers used to play really boring hockey, but I'm not ready to say that thjis was a boring game!

The Panthers had 36 shots on Net, the Habs had 34. That's a grand total of 70 shots. Both teams had at least 5-6 GOOD scoring opportunities. Just because the score was low, doesn't mean that this was a boring game. The Panthers use an aggressive forecheck. They always make sure that the guy who has the puck on the opposing team, has traffic in front of him, they do this to cause turnovers, and It seemed to work

I agree. I didnt find this game overly boring either. How could it be when there was 70 shots. Both goalies played great and stole several goals and the score should have been much higher. Sure it wasnt a constasnt fast paced back n forth action but it was still a decent game to watch.

This game does scare me though. I bet the majority of teams that are planning on making the playoffs will be watching every minute of this game. The Panthers 3 man forechecking routine completely handcuffed the Habs and I bet a lot of teams would love to be able to do that to the Habs. The Habs better learn to over come agressive forechecking teams because I have a bad feeling that more teams will start playing the Habs this way.

I agree. I didnt find this game overly boring either. How could it be when there was 70 shots. Both goalies played great and stole several goals and the score should have been much higher. Sure it wasnt a constasnt fast paced back n forth action but it was still a decent game to watch.

This game does scare me though. I bet the majority of teams that are planning on making the playoffs will be watching every minute of this game. The Panthers 3 man forechecking routine completely handcuffed the Habs and I bet a lot of teams would love to be able to do that to the Habs. The Habs better learn to over come agressive forechecking teams because I have a bad feeling that more teams will start playing the Habs this way.

exactly. I was at the game and enjoyed it somewhat. but if you were expecting a total domination by the Habs, then ye, this was a boring game.

Halak was on fire, 4-5 key saves at least.

The D corps struggled, that is the most scary thing out there. I'm sure Kovy-Plek-Andrei will work somehow because they still create chances. It is a matter of time before they start producing, just like in pre season.

Anybody know what's wrong with Komi?

He still has his usual hits and blocked shots, but he doesn't look the same out there (getting beat lots, making dumb moves with puck)

Hope he snaps out of it.