CANADA WINS!

Psycing

So common, was there any doubt?...

YES!... lol, Finland played a great game. Kipper let in at least one goal I'm sure he'd like to have back. Either way, great game for both teams...

Doan gets the winner, that line was great tonight, the puck seemed to follow Thorton around.

Vincent Lecavalier as Tournament MVP?... Sure he had the most points, but, I don't know if he would have been my choice. Getting that crucial goal in overtime against the Czechs probably helped secure it though.

WHAT AND UGLY CUP!!!! :nono:

:can::can::can::can::can::can::can::can:

Only team in the history of best-on-best hockey tournament to have a perfect record.

This was a great team. Very fun to watch. Provided alot of entairtaining hockey.

Brodeur should have been the MVP. Man was he awesome in the third. I was a little concerned after the 2nd period, but he played an outstanding 3rd period.

And yes that trophy is UGLY. Did you see Mario's reaction? He didn't know what the hell to do. Bring back the ol' Canada Cup trophy.

[Edited on 2004/9/15 by Leafs Suck]

That trophy was horrible! Who the hell designed it?

I was really impressed with Finland. There was not a single part of their game that was weak. If it wasn't for that one soft goal, they may have won.

Lecavalier as mvp is dumb as shit.

Brodeur

Draper

Thorton (yes thorton)

I would even consider mario.

That Doan, Draper, Thorton line was incredible in the whole tournament.

Brodeur was great this game but was incredible in some of the others.

I'm sure going to miss hockey

:can:

Why is it so bad that lecavalier is the MVP?

he was awesome for Canada throughout the whole tournament...he brought offense, defense and a physical style of play to the team...

I think it was a great choice...Although i probly would've selected Brodeur..

Ok, so the World Cup is over! Whats next??

Brodeur 0.75 GAA, .970%... The best numbers of any goalie, by far, of any goalie in the history of best-on-best. Hands down he should have got it. LeCavalier was awesome but Marty deserved it.

Again, Brodeur gets awards he doesn't deserve, and is snubbed when he deserves them.

It was very strange for me to be cheering for Joe Thorton against Saku -- I hope it never happens again.

However, for the first time I have respect for Joe as a player. He would look good in the Bleu, Blanc et Rouge

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Brodeur 0.75 GAA, .970%... The best numbers of any goalie, by far, of any goalie in the history of best-on-best. Hands down he should have got it. LeCavalier was awesome but Marty deserved it.

Again, Brodeur gets awards he doesn't deserve, and is snubbed when he deserves them.

The only reason I think it was right in not giving Brodeur the MVP was the fact he didn't play versus the Czechs.

Yes he was injured and it wasn't his fault, but that Czech team had the most firepower of any team that the Canadians had to face in the elimination rounds.

The MVP could have gone to 4 or 5 guys and no matter who would have won we could still argue against it.