How's our Denmark prospect?

How is he ? He's fine... I dunno , maybe one of the swedish users here could tell you more about him (since he plays in the SEL) ...

He should come over to training camp this september (Rivet said to Staal - "I'm going to kill you in training camp" , so I guess he is coming over :D) ... The bulldogs could probably use him next year since they'll need to fill the empty spots left by the former Oilers.

Hello to everyone at Habsworld. This is my first post, and you can blame puck7 for telling me about this site. I'm usually at HF, but I'll stop by here now that I know some of the former espn board members are still posting.

Anyway, back to hockey. Kim Staal was expected in camp this year, but a knee injury a week before camp trashed that idea. (where he missed almost the entire season, playing only 14 games). Staal should be in camp this year, but he did just sign a new 3 year deal, so we will have to wait and see. He plays a gritty game, yet he has good hands. His size doesn't fit his style of hockey, thus he's often injured. I've spoken with the editor of eliteprospects.com (covers the SEL) and he had a lot of good things to say about Staal.

Also, if it hasn't been covered, another Swedish prospect, Nicklaus Anger hopes to get a contract offer from the Habs. He was his teams leading scorer again this year, and he was named to the Swedish National Team for the 1st time. :hlogo:

Originally posted by montreal

Hello to everyone at Habsworld.  This is my first post, and you can blame puck7 for telling me about this site.  I'm usually at HF, but I'll stop by here now that I know some of the former espn board members are still posting.  

Anyway, back to hockey.  Kim Staal was expected in camp this year, but a knee injury a week before camp trashed that idea.  (where he missed almost the entire season, playing only 14 games).  Staal should be in camp this year, but he did just sign a new 3 year deal, so we will have to wait and see.  He plays a gritty game, yet he has good hands.  His size doesn't fit his style of hockey, thus he's often injured.  I've spoken with the editor of eliteprospects.com (covers the SEL) and he had a lot of good things to say about Staal.

Also, if it hasn't been covered, another Swedish prospect, Nicklaus Anger hopes to get a contract offer from the Habs.  He was his teams leading scorer again this year, and he was named to the Swedish National Team for the 1st time.  :hlogo:

Thanks for the info...

Hey I read (probably from you at HF) that Nik Anger does not live up to his name (Soft , Unemotional) ... Is it true? .. Also is it true that he will not come over to NA if he has to play in the minors?

BTW : Welcome to HW , we're still less then a month old but off to a great start ....

[Edited on 2003/6/12 by puck7x]

Given how we're presently overloaded with contracts we can't get rid of, and we're having enough trouble as it is finding ice-time for our kids... I don't see why we'd bother bringing these guys over unless they're really good.

Or unless we're only bringing them over to play in Hamilton, because between half the team going to the Oilers' new farm and those who are graduating to Montreal there are definitely some holes to fill.

Since we are so bare at the farm because of our unique situation this year, I'd guess AS might use his last picks (7-8) to grab over-agers who could immediately play in Hamilton. (as he did with Jarventie a few years back)

Niklas Anger and Kim Staal is not NHL caliber.

Anger is too soft and Staal has seen his best days.

Staal is not a prospect even more and he just signed a new deal with Malmö IF.

Anger is too small and as someone mentioned, soft.

The best prospect Montreal has in Sweden is Leksands defender Johan Eneqvist. Could be solid if he keep on developing.

And just to mention... Habs also have the rights to Frölundas Peter Ström... Born in 75.

(Ehrem... Ho said that Zetterberg would be a Calder candidate over a year ago?...)

But even just to fill spaces in Hamilton, like Habs77 said.

If he signed a contract with them, then it's too late for us?

Hope not...

But then again, maybe next year we'll use Hamilton as a minor league team for players who can't make the Habs, and not just a nursery for prospects.

BTW, any word on Czerkawski? WHat's he doing next season?

How about Czerkawski for Theo Fleury, with Fleury's contract paid 4/5 of total?

The best prospect Montreal has in Sweden is Leksands defender Johan Eneqvist.

He will play in Hammarby (lower division) next season.

I dont think well see him in a few years since he didnt fit in a swedish elite team.

Well...

Hammarby is giving a go on Elitserien. They also aquired Trygg who defenitvly could make it on a elitserie team.

Isn't former Montreal-player Zarley Zalapski alos in Hammarby?

Originally posted by ch_nl

Well...

Hammarby is giving a go on Elitserien. They also aquired Trygg who defenitvly could make it on a elitserie team.

Isn't former Montreal-player Zarley Zalapski alos in Hammarby?

Well I talked with the editior of Eliteprospects.com and he said that Hammarby didn't get into the Elitserien, but they could next year, is this true?

Also in reguards to Eneqvist, he chose this move based on the poor prospect developement at Leksand (aside from Nilsson) and the fact that he would be playing the 4th line again next year, whereas with Hammarby a top team in the 2nd tier league, he can get 1st or 2nd line duty. Sounds like a good move for him.

Peter Strom? How do we have his rights?