Fischer?

zumpano21

If the Habs could move up to get Schroeder from the University of Minnesta, they should definatley consider it. He is going to be a great player. He looks just like Wheeler from Boston. I'm not sure where he is ranked, but he'll be a player.

Yep, that Conboy is ours. He's a college freshman after 2 years in the USHL, so he's definitely a long term project. He's the younger brother of Tim Conboy of the Hurricanes.

Here are the 9 NCAA players that the Habs have rights to:

D Phillipe Paquet, Clarkson (senior)

D David Fischer, Minnesota (junior)

D Ryan McDonagh, Wisconsin (sophmore)

D Joe Stejskal, Dartmouth (sophmore)

C Patrick Johnson, Wisconsin (sophmore)

D Scott Kishel, Minnesota-Duluth (freshman)

LW Andrew Conboy, Michigan State (freshman)

RW Steve Quailer, Northeastern (freshman)

D Greg Pateryn, Michigan (freshman) - acquired in Grabovski trade from Toronto

I don't know who RW Danny Kristo has commited to, but he's still in the USHL (playing for Omaha, which is where Conboy was the last 2 years). We hold the rights to all these guys until the summer after they graduate... when they would become like Blake Wheeler was this past summer and are unrestricted free agents.

I really like Conboy, I see him becoming a huge upgrade on a guy like Steve Bégin. He's the same type of player, only much bigger, stronger, and willing to defend his teammates. He did just about everything for his team in the USHL, and it seems that he's continuying on that path at the NCAA level.

Of course he'll probably never be much more than a 4th liner, but he could become a special one at that. I just hope he avoids the cocaine problems his big brother had, especially since he became more agressive and "wired" (he became a showman and crowd pleaser last season) last year...

I have good feelings towards Conboy as well. Idon't know much of the guy but he looks tough and is big and will get bigger.

could become montreals answer to Lucic.

I have good feelings towards Conboy as well. Idon't know much of the guy but he looks tough and is big and will get bigger.

could become montreals answer to Lucic.

In some ways Conboy is very much like Milan Lucic... unfortunately without the offensive potential. However I think he'll bring that same kind of passion, and willingness to help his team in any way possible. He'll dish out body checks, crash the net, drop the gloves, and just bring a whole lot of energy on the ice. He's also known to be quite charismatic and a good leader.

He also actually has some pretty decent skills, he's a very good skater, has good passing skills, and a decent shot.

I think he could quickly become a fan-favourite in Montreal...