Habs vs. Ducks | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

FIRE CARBONNEAU!

And trade Price while you're at it.

And Halak. That was miserable. And what's with our defense, or lack of it. I think Gainey needs to complete a total revamp on everything from the defense back. While he's at it, the forwards need to go. Particularly Kovalev and Plekanec. I don't care how many chances and posts they had, if you can't put the puck in the back of the net, if your name can't be pronounced in French, or if your name can't be pronounced in English or some other language, then you should be run out of town.

We're not even a playoff team. Worse than the Senators. Worse than <gulp> the Leafs.

Habs smell.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Halak. That was miserable. And what's with our defense, or lack of it. I think Gainey needs to complete a total revamp on everything from the defense back. While he's at it, the forwards need to go. Particularly Kovalev and Plekanec. I don't care how many chances and posts they had, if you can't put the puck in the back of the net, if your name can't be pronounced in French, or if your name can't be pronounced in English or some other language, then you should be run out of town.

We're not even a playoff team. Worse than the Senators. Worse than <gulp> the Leafs.

Habs smell.

Thats crazy talk! Had one too many, eh? :wacko:

I thought it might have been sarcasm. ^_^

<innocence>

I merely echo the thoughts of many Habs followers. *smile of a cherub* After all, knee-jerk fans know everything.

Don't they?

It seems that Sergei doesn't fit too well with Kovalev and Plekanec. He looks a little overwhelmed being thrust onto that #1 line. I was hoping Carbo would swap Higgins for Sergei in the 3rd period - Higgins played a pretty good game and had good jump.

51 shots to 25 and we come up with a loss.

F'n sickining :puke:

If they'd managed even slightly sub-par defense, rather than being downright terrible, they would have won that game. After all, the boys did score four goals.

Edited by sbhatt

A few things to take note of:

Kovy: Best game played so far. This board needs to get off his back about how hes lacking production...its only 7 games folks!

Halak-Should have filled his gatorade bottle with redbull

Price-Can't blame him...its tough to play out when your sick...I can only imagine the game was not seen in HD through his eyes last night

Plekanec- Snakebitten or cursed? I think both

Brisebois/Markov-Lots of coughups and errant passes

Tanguay/Koivu/Latendresse/Lang- All played well

Higgins-Great comeback game A+

EDIT... didn't realise that some of these stats are reported above...

Plekanec had 13 shots! that's a team's total in some extremely boring games... but for one player, that's an awful lot.

Komisarek had 16:26 of icetime... Just below Brisebois who had 16:31 of icetime. At least it's above Cube's 14:39...

1. why did Brisebois deserve that much? he played like a puke residue yesterday, with his soft play and all his giveaways.

2. why wasn't Komisarek more present? he is made to kill ducks IMO. That's exactly the kind of team against which we need him the most .

That was Komisarek's own choice, he got 22 shifts to Brisebois' 21. Tanguay also had 21 shifts but played 20:15. For some reason, Komisarek, Hamrlik and especially Kovalev (who usually takes 55+ second shifts) were taking shorter shifts last night.

That was Komisarek's own choice, he got 22 shifts to Brisebois' 21. Tanguay also had 21 shifts but played 20:15. For some reason, Komisarek, Hamrlik and especially Kovalev (who usually takes 55+ second shifts) were taking shorter shifts last night.

Maybe they're getting the team-wide sickness out of the way early this year. Begin had it last week, then Price this week. Seems like a good possibility, given this team's inability to contain the flu. Invest in some disinfectants and keep the sickies away from the team!

Komi was nailed by the puck twice in one shift early in the game on a penalty kill, he wasn't quite the same thereafter. He was bent over double for the latter half of the shift and looked downright exhausted. I have to wonder about the flu thing as well.

Halak looked like he was seeing double - and going for the wrong puck all the time. Actually, I found him slow tonight. Like his concentration just wasn't there; he seemed to be fighting everything.

Plekanec was just fine, so was Kovalev. I don't understand any complaints regarding these two. Sometimes the puck doesn't go in the net at times. Ask Ovechkin. I think he'd gone four or five in a row without scoring as well.

Kostitsyn looked good, if not great; also made the best pass of the night sending Kovy in alone. He doesn't have the same skill set as his brother, however, so he's not quite as effective on that line.

Higgins was great to watch, and amusing at times as well. Did everything he usually does, worked his butt off every shift, and you could tell he hadn't had any game play before tonight because the puck skipped over his stick, his timing was just >< that far off, and his synchronicity with teammates was just off. I honestly would have put Tender up with Kovy and Plex and dropped Higgs with Koivu's line by mid-second. Put Kosty back with Lang where he was enjoying a little of his own synchronicity.

Hmm, well if it is a flu bug I hope it runs its course quickly. I think our training staff would have learned 2 years back about the disinfectant.

If it is not a flu bug.... oops.

I would say if that is the case we took them a little easy and got burned for it early, then we took over for awhile, got the lead, decided to glide and got burned again?

Again if we had a bug, kudos!

That was how I saw it, before reading just now on here about the posible virus.

I was surprised to see Halak, and he was very unlucky where he tends to be Hassak lucky. Not my favourite goaltending method as it reminds me of myself in my teens, and I was quite the sieve,lol. No luck!

Somehow these guys have the horse shoes that pop out of rectal cavities and save pucks.

I learned by my 20's that I was right as a kid. Butterfly!

Got coached out of that in 1971! " Keep your legs together" They would yell from the bench, "Stick on the ice!"

"No! Tony Esposito ! " i would yell back!

Strange though, Halak is like a butterfly flopper?

Not quite as bad as Hasak. How the heck did you get away with that at the NHL level?

Anyhow, it was a night of the puck not hitting him when he played the averages and those will happen.

Like AA and AK suited being busted at a poker game all night, it happens.

Coaching staff did the right thing, saw he was off and relieved him.

Don't you wish we had this coaching staff vs Detroit in St Pats last game?

Unfortunately Price wasn't himself, I figure due to the flu which is why he didn't start.

I am not worried in the least.

Terrible call on the penelty shot, but Coach Guy was close to a bench minor there.

Love his fire but I thought he might toss a bech for a minute, lol.

( When did someone do that last? )

Good game back by Higgins although he got burned early.

Nice to see Cubes drop them.

Seems like just last year you could push this team around.

Have we answered my favourite thread of last season "We need a goon!" yet.

Guess a few of us were right, we did.

Way better attitude now from Laps and Lats.

Not afraid of having to go with the big guns!

Nice aquisition BG!! TYVM!

I thought the Habs looked good, breaking out well to put more than 50 shots on net. But Halak got beat early and Giggy was hot, no need to dwell on this loss -- just proves you can't win them all.

Go Habs Go!

Terrible call on the PS? Georges put his hand on the puck in the crease. Penalty shot without question.

Just to clarify, a player cannot put his hand on the puck in the crease, it is not necessary to close your hand on the puck, in essence you cannot play the puck in the crease with your hand unless you are the goalie. So yes it was definitely a penalty shot however it probably saved us a goal against.

Just to clarify, a player cannot put his hand on the puck in the crease, it is not necessary to close your hand on the puck, in essence you cannot play the puck in the crease with your hand unless you are the goalie. So yes it was definitely a penalty shot however it probably saved us a goal against.

Just to reclarify, so there is no confussion.

According to the NHL rule books section 9-63.5 paragraph 3

No defending player, except the goalkeeper, will be permitted to

fall on the puck, hold the puck, pick up the puck, or gather the puck

into the body or hands when the puck is within the goal crease.

http://www.nhl.com/rules/index.html

I therefore correct you and Colin on this call. He batted the puck out, which is allowed. He didn't close his hand on the puck.

Why would you argue a crease infraction with a goalie?

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

johnny has a rulebook!

or i see from the different font and the link that it's online. still, nice sourcing !

from now on people, do like johnny -- instead of claiming a rule, cite the rule :D