Habs vs. Ducks | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

He didn't bat the puck, he put his hand on top of the puck - he covered it. That's the way it looked to me on the replay. I wouldn't have hesitated with the call either.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify, a player cannot put his hand on the puck in the crease, it is not necessary to close your hand on the puck, in essence you cannot play the puck in the crease with your hand unless you are the goalie. So yes it was definitely a penalty shot however it probably saved us a goal against.

My bad then, I thought you had to close your hand on the puck in the crease...upon further review, I was wrong ^_^

...or was I? :blink: So what's the final verdict, no closing the hand or no playing the puck in the crease...seems to be a difference of opinion but the guy on my side seems to have a rulebook :lol:

Edited by Fat Tony

He didn't bat the puck, he put his hand on top of the puck - he covered it. That's the way it looked to me on the replay. I wouldn't have hesitated with the call either.

Watch again, he bats it, it hits Price and scoots out to his right. He only touches it once, it is a definite bat forward, into Price. No PS here. Get some glasses, or research your facts please.

This should not have been a call, it was wrong, it did save a goal, but the ref almost gave them one as Price was beat on the PS lucky Perry is useless.

Please don't become an official if you won't hesitate to make such poor calls!

Did you even go relook at the play before commenting?

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Just to reclarify, so there is no confussion.

According to the NHL rule books section 9-63.5 paragraph 3

No defending player, except the goalkeeper, will be permitted to

fall on the puck, hold the puck, pick up the puck, or gather the puck

into the body or hands when the puck is within the goal crease.

http://www.nhl.com/rules/index.html

I therefore correct you and Colin on this call. He batted the puck out, which is allowed. He didn't close his hand on the puck.

Why would you argue a crease infraction with a goalie?

Still somewhat arguable. Gather, batted, into the body. He did bat/gather it into Prices pads. Whatever though, it's the way the ref saw it. It was probably a make up call because they didn't go upstairs with Kosto's shoulder goal. When that puck came back after it hit the crossbar he directed it with his shoulder so TlT for TAT......We still lost, and looked bad doing it.

Still somewhat arguable. Gather, batted, into the body. He did bat/gather it into Prices pads. Whatever though, it's the way the ref saw it. It was probably a make up call because they didn't go upstairs with Kosto's shoulder goal. When that puck came back after it hit the crossbar he directed it with his shoulder so TlT for TAT......We still lost, and looked bad doing it.

The rule does state you can't gather the puck into the body, and that's exactly what happened. I think he'd have been fine if he batted it at Price, insteaf of pushing it all the way into his body.

Well that was awfull. I'm not going to complain much about a loss, it's just the way you lose. They are still 5-1-1

The defense was pathetic. All Anaheim's shots i think were 2 on 1's or tap ins.

Halak wasn't that much better.

Effort was piss poor, no physical play. Some Ducks were running around and KNOW ONE stepped in to stop it.

What happened to the team toughness i saw against Florida?

I'm sure GC will have them ready Tuesday.

Watch again, he bats it, it hits Price and scoots out to his right. He only touches it once, it is a definite bat forward, into Price. No PS here. Get some glasses, or research your facts please.

This should not have been a call, it was wrong, it did save a goal, but the ref almost gave them one as Price was beat on the PS lucky Perry is useless.

Sorry I disagree! You can't put your hand on the puck when it is in the crease. It doesn't matter if you close your fingers around it or not, as soon as you tough the puck with your hand(when it is in the crease) that's a Penalty Shot!

Wow. You must be one of those spectacular guys with x-ray vision and infallible reflexes. Or maybe it looked like he came down over the puck with an open hand. Yes, upon further review, bats the puck. Sure. Now, you be the ref trying to look through all that mess at a guy OPENING HIS HAND going for the puck in the crease. You can't even say for sure if he put his hand over the puck in the act of pushing it out. Looks to me like it did.

That said, I take my hat off to you, oh obvious God of All That is Hockey. You're probably one of the first in line bitching like a wounded sow if that happens at the other end and doesn't get called. "He (whine) put his hand on the puck (mew)! Penalty shot!"

Such poor calls. What a laugh. Why don't you go to HFBoards where you can discuss with all the other morons.

Just to reclarify, so there is no confussion.

According to the NHL rule books section 9-63.5 paragraph 3

No defending player, except the goalkeeper, will be permitted to

fall on the puck, hold the puck, pick up the puck, or gather the puck

into the body or hands when the puck is within the goal crease.

http://www.nhl.com/rules/index.html

I therefore correct you and Colin on this call. He batted the puck out, which is allowed. He didn't close his hand on the puck.

Why would you argue a crease infraction with a goalie?

As a former goalie my self I would like to know where it states in the rule that you can "bat" the puck out all it talks about is that you cannot touch it in the crease. So maybe you need glasses to read the rule.

Edited by habs rule

Wow. You must be one of those spectacular guys with x-ray vision and infallible reflexes. Or maybe it looked like he came down over the puck with an open hand. Yes, upon further review, bats the puck. Sure. Now, you be the ref trying to look through all that mess at a guy OPENING HIS HAND going for the puck in the crease. You can't even say for sure if he put his hand over the puck in the act of pushing it out. Looks to me like it did.

That said, I take my hat off to you, oh obvious God of All That is Hockey. You're probably one of the first in line bitching like a wounded sow if that happens at the other end and doesn't get called. "He (whine) put his hand on the puck (mew)! Penalty shot!"

Such poor calls. What a laugh. Why don't you go to HFBoards where you can discuss with all the other morons.

GOOF !!!

IF YOU ARE CANADIAN, DEAL WITH THAT!!!

GOOF!!!!

AND ALSO. GOOF, STOP CHASING CONTRIBUTERS TO THIS SITE AWAY!

YOU ARE NOT A MOD!!

YOU DID CHASE SPIDEY!!

YOU ARE THE SITE GOOF!!

YOU DO KNOW WHAT A GOOF IS?

GOOF!!!!!

OH, AND DON'T GET TOUGH BECAUSE I DO DROP THEM, GOOF!!!!

Why is it that when ever anyone disagrees with this goof he has to get personal?

I really think he is a goof!

Anyone agree?

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

just to follow up how Do you bat the puck out of the crease and not put your hand on it? Usually I agree with you but Johnny my boy this time you are wrong.

You don't have to close your hand on a puck to make contact with your hand.

If it is 3 feet off the ice and a player in the crease catches it, PS.

If he bats it out of the way, no call.

Same applies when it is on the ice.

I think other goalies on here will agree with my call.

I don't have xray vision but I don't need glasses. The replay shows it clearly.

Doesn't matter, we lost and it was inconsequential.

I mentioned bad call and got attacked by Colon, I rectified it, he is still going, but what do expect.

He is a Goof!

GOOF !!!

IF YOU ARE CANADIAN, DEAL WITH THAT!!!

GOOF!!!!

AND ALSO. GOOF, STOP CHASING CONTRIBUTERS TO THIS SITE AWAY!

YOU ARE NOT A MOD!!

YOU DID CHASE SPIDEY!!

YOU ARE THE SITE GOOF!!

YOU DO KNOW WHAT A GOOF IS?

GOOF!!!!!

OH, AND DON'T GET TOUGH BECAUSE I DO DROP THEM, GOOF!!!!

Why is it that when ever anyone disagrees with this goof he has to get personal?

I really think he is a goof!

Anyone agree?

I never said boo to Spidey. *shrugs* 99% of the time I never bother with game threads. And I've only become personal twice. Once had nothing to do with the regular portion of this site. The other was because you insinuated I was an idiot. You didn't actually SAY it, but the insinuation was there. *shrugs*

You should not consider yourself an idiot when someone points out an error.

However, go back in the thread.

My first post doesn't mention you.

You call me an idiot for saying it was a bad call in reply to my first post.

"Shrugs"

Sorry son, I will leave you alone now.

Oh, of you want some of those xray glasses you order them in back of comics.

Well you could when I last owned a comic.

"Shrugs"

No more needed here unless we need to go outside,lol. Love to!

But that is just me.

You needn't answer the bell, but I will be in Embrum around X-Mas.....

"Shrugs"

And I was sure that was you and someone else that got on spidey, went back but I think it was edited out by Simonus as it got ugly?

I could be confused, as my memory is not the best, but I have always remembered that as you.

Either way, it was a go away comment like the one you made to me that I find offensive. If you want a site where it is up to you who posts, build your own!

If you ever tell me not to post here again I will have to ask you to man up.

Goof.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

ok both of you are getting carried away. As to the discussion the puck was not in the air it was on the ice and it was PUSHED under carey and came back out under gorges it sure looked to me like he had his hand on the puck remember you are right you do not have to close your hand on the puck for it to be a penalty. nough said we disagree, that is the way it is. I think it's getting a little silly when guys are threatening to fight on a hockey board. So we should cool this thread and get another topic going. :ghg:

It's impossible to be 100% sure but Gorges probably did only bat it out of the crease. Nevertheless, the ref needs to make the call on the spot and he doesn't get to look at it with all the angles we've got.

At any rate, why call Perry useless for making a great deke and missing a shot?

..."the site goof." That has a nice ring to it. Does he wear half a mask and sing?

LOL, Only on a Habs forum could people get into a fist fight over a call that had ZERO bearing on the game in any way shape or form...move on before someone gets suspended for name calling, it's not worth it :rolleyes:

If you haven't noticed, most people are suspended or they don't come around here anymore . One wrong word or a colorful opinion and you're outta here. There are 3 people on the game thread during the games. I remember when game threads had more action during training camp. Everyone gets muzzled so quick around here that we're left with

Gee Beave, wasn't that a nice rush by our wonderful defensmen of russian descent Marcov

Hey, it's Markov. Please spell the name correctly

Yes Wally, it was a wonderful rush, and it's a wonderful game. It's a real pleasure to watch this.

O.K!!!!! Wally and Beaver. Tone it down or you will both be suspended. " NO HABSWORLD FOR YOU!"

When did this place become so PC, Charleston School of Protocol and Etiquette BS. Let's loosen up around here and keep it fun. Not chase people away. I like the characters that used to get a little carried away with themselves. Now it seems to be quite dull. Let's loosen up and fix it !!!!!

If you haven't noticed, most people are suspended or they don't come around here anymore . One wrong word or a colorful opinion and you're outta here. There are 3 people on the game thread during the games. I remember when game threads had more action during training camp. Everyone gets muzzled so quick around here that we're left with

When did this place become so PC, Charleston School of Protocol and Etiquette BS. Let's loosen up around here and keep it fun. Not chase people away. I like the characters that used to get a little carried away with themselves. Now it seems to be quite dull. Let's loosen up and fix it !!!!!

Ya, I've noticed the game threads are very thin, they were much more populated last season. I actually stopped coming here for several months because of the childish behavior in some game threads...it always amazes me that fans of the same team can do little else but bicker and finger point after a loss...whatever happened to sticking together through thick and thin :rolleyes: . Some posters seem to really think their opinion is life and death, I sure don't get it. Ah well my quality of life didn't lower in my 4 or 5 month absence from forums and I'm sure it won't improve with occasional posts here :lol: