Habs vs. Ducks | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

When did this place become so PC, Charleston School of Protocol and Etiquette BS. Let's loosen up around here and keep it fun. Not chase people away. I like the characters that used to get a little carried away with themselves. Now it seems to be quite dull. Let's loosen up and fix it !!!!!

I agree. Nobody has ever died during an e-argument, so let people be provocative and let people go at each other a bit.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing that is annoying is game threads. Someone chased away Spidey who was THE BEST! at them. They were always up early in the day and filled with 5 pages of posts before the game even started.

- Big TlTS is back, Carolina is 9-0 at the bell centre since the lock-out, Cam ward has never lost at the Bell centre, it's the first time this year we have our full line-up etc..... There are things to discuss and nowhere to discuss them. Why?

Because Spidey had an argument about Carey Price and he doesn't leave links to his pre-game info, or because he would post the same the thread on another forum? Content wasn't original enough? Yet now people go find Spidey's thread and post it here regardless..........

I say ask Spidey to do the threads again. I'm asking and thinking Spidey should do the threads again......who's in.......??????????

Another thing that is annoying is game threads. Someone chased away Spidey who was THE BEST! at them. They were always up early in the day and filled with 5 pages of posts before the game even started.

- Big TlTS is back, Carolina is 9-0 at the bell centre since the lock-out, Cam ward has never lost at the Bell centre, it's the first time this year we have our full line-up etc..... There are things to discuss and nowhere to discuss them. Why?

Because Spidey had an argument about Carey Price and he doesn't leave links to his pre-game info, or because he would post the same the thread on another forum? Content wasn't original enough? Yet now people go find Spidey's thread and post it here regardless..........

I say ask Spidey to do the threads again. I'm asking and thinking Spidey should do the threads again......who's in.......??????????

I don't always agree with Spidey's outbursts, and he does get chased fairly easy (I've seen it twice in my short tenure) but I do agree he does great game threads...so for what it's worth, he gets 2 thumbs up from me.

YES I would like to see spidey doing the threads, they were always well done. No offense fanpuck 33 you do great job too but i think you said you did not have enough time to do it on a consistent basis?

Spidey chased himself away. You just said that light arguments are welcome on this forum. Well, he basically said Price sucked which lead to everyone else basically saying he sucked which lead to him running away.

Spidey chased himself away. You just said that light arguments are welcome on this forum. Well, he basically said Price sucked which lead to everyone else basically saying he sucked which lead to him running away.

that is pretty much correct but hey let's let bygones be bygones if he is willing. everybody overreacts sometimes. I'm sure he has seen the error of his ways. :hlogo: :clap::lol:

that is pretty much correct but hey let's let bygones be bygones if he is willing. everybody overreacts sometimes. I'm sure he has seen the error of his ways. :hlogo: :clap::lol:

Absolutely! Why dwell on the past. Before someone calls a Habs player, GM, Coach or fan, Garbage or Crap, they should consider all of those mentioned people are allegedly on the same page (wanting wins and Stanley Cup for our beloved Habs). They should also consider that trashing any one of those groups risks alienating supporters of said group. Good advice for everyone including me. People constantly crack me up...a large group of supporters of a team, fighting over the team they love and about minor points that they can neither change nor do they really matter much in the grand scheme of things...I don't get it, especially when we're winning :lol:

:hlogo:

Edited by Fat Tony

Big TlTS is back, Carolina is 9-0 at the bell centre since the lock-out,

You are right! I didnt't think it was that bad!

As far as Spidey is concerned, i sure do hope he comes back. I used to post on metroboards(where spidey was a mod for the Habs forum) and he is a good guy.

Edited by Habsfan

am I the only one who doesn't care what the game thread looks like? Fanpuck's threads appear to do the exact same job that Spidey's did.

Nope. In my opinion all a game thread needs is...the topic saying that it's a game thread. Fancy .gifs and pictures and lineups and stuff are cool, but really, all I care about is a place to discuss the game...or read about if I happen to miss a game.

Nope. In my opinion all a game thread needs is...the topic saying that it's a game thread. Fancy .gifs and pictures and lineups and stuff are cool, but really, all I care about is a place to discuss the game...or read about if I happen to miss a game.

I agree

Nope, your wrong...... I think he was fine with the argument, shortly after, someone, one of the mods I think started to dog his threads. Saying they were crap and not original, that's the straw that broke the camels back. He felt unappreciated and Cataclaw took over, boy that was a treat. Game threads were put up during the 1st period.

Spidey was chased away if not suspended.

God...get with the times. I've been back for at least two weeks now I think. :P

Welcome back Farie!

I think I read in another thread that JLP was suspended so I'm assuming he did just realize you are back. Suspended for using the word Nazi, as in Soup nazi, Fun, Funny, Ha ha.........Big F**ckin deal...... :puke:

I run into guys from here on other forums all the time, suspended from HW for really dumb reasons.

Welcome back Farie!

I think I read in another thread that JLP was suspended so I'm assuming he did just realize you are back. Suspended for using the word Nazi, as in Soup nazi, Fun, Funny, Ha ha.........Big F**ckin deal...... :puke:

I run into guys from here on other forums all the time, suspended from HW for really dumb reasons.

you must get really dumb stories too. JLP is a mod and he certainly was never suspended. I can't recall anybody being suspended for saying "Soup Nazi." But please, keep believing what you want to believe.

you must get really dumb stories too. JLP is a mod and he certainly was never suspended. I can't recall anybody being suspended for saying "Soup Nazi." But please, keep believing what you want to believe.

My mistake it was Pierre, and I read it here from BTH and Jetsniper

Picture thread

None the less. I like coming here but feel people get suspended for nothing. I just ran into, I forget the name, on Hfboards and they told me that they don't even know why they were suspended and it's until 2019. So I assume you mods didn't want them around anymore.

I guess I'm taking it personally because I've been suspended for dumb minor stuff before....sorry, it's annoying!

No offense fanpuck 33 you do great job too but i think you said you did not have enough time to do it on a consistent basis?

No, I have the time usually. I just don't have any skills to make them look nice like KoZed's last year.

am I the only one who doesn't care what the game thread looks like? Fanpuck's threads appear to do the exact same job that Spidey's did.

Indeed. My threads have pretty much the same exact info as Spidey's, except I link to content instead of screen capping it.

Picture thread

Just because somebody else says that's why he got banned doesn't make it true.

None the less. I like coming here but feel people get suspended for nothing. I just ran into, I forget the name, on Hfboards and they told me that they don't even know why they were suspended and it's until 2019. So I assume you mods didn't want them around anymore

Personal attacks are not tolerated on HW. This is a community of fans to come together to root for their team. It is not a place for people to attack one another. Suspensions don't come from nowhere. They build after multiple offenses. It's pretty simple, don't attack anyone and you don't get suspended. It's a pretty easy concept.

Picture thread

None the less. I like coming here but feel people get suspended for nothing. I just ran into, I forget the name, on Hfboards and they told me that they don't even know why they were suspended and it's until 2019. So I assume you mods didn't want them around anymore.

I guess I'm taking it personally because I've been suspended for dumb minor stuff before....sorry, it's annoying!

well, the story you got was incomplete and your rendition of it was absolutely incorrect.

We have never instituted an 11 year suspension on this site. You are damn right that we would just ban someone if we felt they did something meriting that significant an infraction.

None the less. I like coming here but feel people get suspended for nothing.

I find ThAt funny, seeing as I can't name a single forumer who has been banned from this forum.

I have been to other Habs forums, and I can tell you that this is the best place. People are generally respectful, and personal attacks are not permitted(which is a good thing)!

Edited by Habsfan

I remember beckham getting banned, but I can't remember the reason. Probably multiple personal attacks from what I remember of him.

I also remember one guy got banned and then unleashed a virus onto the site. Goooood times!

I remember beckham getting banned, but I can't remember the reason. Probably multiple personal attacks from what I remember of him.

I also remember one guy got banned and then unleashed a virus onto the site. Goooood times!

Yeah, after several warnings, beckham publicly went apeshit on the Mods for "deleting" his thread. Funny thing was that we had simply moved it from the Habs Forum to the Prospects forum.

~moeman and his partner in crime Leafs Suck. They were by far the most hateful members in HW's history. Some of the things that were said to sakiqc and I were absolutely horrible.

1st the current game threads have all I need, great job, I don't want 20 pics to look at.

Thank you again Fanpuck33!

Now as for this site being light on suspensions, NOT!!!

If it was even slightly anal I would have been banned years ago.

I get my warnings, and cool down.

Sometimes I expect a slap and it doesn't come.

Then I slap myself and get on with it.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen