UFC 91

MMPL

MAIN EVENT:

Heavyweight Championship Belt:

Couture (Defender) vs Lesner (Contender)

OTHER FIGHTS:

Lightweight Fight: Kenny Florian vs Joe Stevenson

Heavyweight Fight: Gabriel Gonzaga vs Josh Hendricks

Middleweight Fight: Nate Quarry vs Demian Maia

Welterwight Fight: Dustin Hazelett vs Tamden McCrory

Lightweight Fight: Jorge Gurgel vs Aaron Riley

Lightweight Fight: Jeremy Stephens vs Rafeal Dos Anjos

Lightweight Fight: Alvin Robinson vs Mark Bocek

Welterweight Fight: Matt Riddle vs Ryan Thomas

Edited by MMPL

Anyone else watch it?

Very sad to see French-Canuck Patrick Cote blow his knee in the biggest fight of his career :(

He held his own vs Silva but Anderson is in a whole different league, amazing fighter

Oh, he blew his knee? All I saw was Silva won with a TKO. Doesn't matter, Silva would've won the fight no matter what. Best middleweight in the world.

I thought Griffin deserved the win over Sherk though.

• 3 weeks later...

I am SOOOOO psyched for the Couture/Lesnar fight. The rest of the card is kind of meh but Lesnar/Couture is gonna be insane. I was supposed to go to a friends house to watch the fight after the Calgary game but the Avs are on HNIC so I wanted to see that instead. I'll download the fight when it's on the net tomorrow or something.

This main event though is gonna be insane. I don't even care who wins, I like them both. Would be a nice story for the old man to grab the win but that probably wouldn't do much for Lesnar's career. I gotta go with Lesnar in a unanimous decision though, the guy is just made of raw power.

Awesome fight!

I can't believe that punch knocked down Couture, then Lesnar was going at about 700 jabs per minute haha :lol:

Ref had to step in, and we got a new Champ :clap:

Nice, Lesnar wins it! I love the guy for walking out on the WWE!

I don't think being unable to handle an insane travel schedule counts as "walking out" on them. No one backstage liked him either because he whined too much about the way he was booked. Whining about dropping the title to Eddie G turned a lot of people off and Undertaker presumably wanted to feud with him so he could "set him straight and get him to show the veterans some respect". He started turning off the fans too, during his final feud with Goldberg (who was also leaving the company) for Wrestlemania XX, they would both get booed non-stop which reached it's peaking point at Wrestlemania XX when fans chanted the goodbye song the whole match. Plus he thought he could make it in the NFL.

But the WWE was equally glad to ditch him, he was a shit disturbed in the locker room. He wasn't any better in the ring, I stopped watching during his run and only started up again after Lesnar left. He wasn't good to watch. I find him entertaining in MMA though so it's forgiven as long as he doesn't try WWE again (which he probably won't and couldn't if he wanted to since everyone hates him)

Edit: And I only say this because I see this misconception from other MMA fans a lot. Brock obviously had other things he wanted to do and was only in pro wrestling for money but Vince had no problems cutting him loose. And they didn't suffer for it either as a feud with Lesnar helped build up John Cena who is now their golden boy. Most of this is just public knowledge now but I heard all of this from Lance Storm at an indie show a couple years ago, he was with WWE when Lesnar was there and basically confirmed Lesnar was an asshole.

Awesome fight!

I can't believe that punch knocked down Couture, then Lesnar was going at about 700 jabs per minute haha :lol:

Ref had to step in, and we got a new Champ :clap:

Yeah, I just saw the highlights on Sportsnet, it didn't even look like that punch hit him. First step downhill for Couture or just another loss?

Edited by jetsniper

So really what now for Couture? He said at the end of the fight that he still thinks he's getting better; he's getting older thats for sure and I don't see a different outcome if he were to fight Lesnar again. IMO the only thing he can do is drop weight and move to 205.

As for Lesnar, the guy is an effin beast. As much as I want to dislike him and his sword tat, he put on a good show, and provided he can take a punch (Randy didn't really land anything flush) he'll be champ for sometime.

And I only say this because I see this misconception from other MMA fans a lot.

Oh, I'm no MMA fan. I'm just anti-WWE. :D

Plus he thought he could make it in the NFL.

It was too bad that he wasn't willing to go to NFL Europe. If he could have improved his football IQ, he surely could have made it in the NFL.

Yes and no. I kinda like the fighting, it's everything else I don't like.

Ah, so you're not a soap opera fan, I hear ya. The writing has been pretty shoddy for years (ever since The Rock and Austin left) and even then, there was some pretty ill-conceived things during the Attitude Era. That short-lived necrophilia angle that everyone hated springs to mind. *shudders*

It's pretty boring now, actually. I only have two time periods where I watch anymore, June-August since nothing else is on TV and then January-March because of Wrestlemania build-up (and thats kind of a dead zone for normal TV shows too)

It was too bad that he wasn't willing to go to NFL Europe. If he could have improved his football IQ, he surely could have made it in the NFL.

He's definitly got the build.

So really what now for Couture? he's getting older thats for sure

As for Lesnar, he'll be champ for sometime.

Also, Nogueria is also up their for age, so Lesner can hold that belt for many years if he's got it in him.