Habs vs. Hurricanes | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

montreal200.gifvs. carolina200.gif
5-1-1 for 11 points....................4-2-1 for 9 points
(5th East)...............................(3rd East)

Forecaster.ca's Tale of the Tape
TSN's Ice Chips

Projected Lineup

(46) A.Kostitsyn- (14) Plekanec- (27) Kovalev
(84) Latendresse- (11) Koivu- (13) Tanguay
(21) Higgins- (20) Lang- (74) Kostitsyn
(6) Kostopoulos - (40) Lapierre- (25) Dandenault

(79) Markov - (8) Komisarek
(44) Hamrlik - (3) O'Byrne
(51) Bouillon - (26) Gorges

29074.jpg vs. 24170.jpg
Carey Price................Cam Ward

Montreal Player Stats
Carolina Player Stats

TV: RDS
Radio: CJAD, CKAC

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As per habsinsideout.com, Laraque, Begin and Brisebois are scratched.

GO HABS GO!!!! Let's break the 'Canes' streak in MTL.

Good to see that the Habs have the full compliment of players to choose from. I am excited to see how the Habs look fully loaded, the only surpirse i have is why Laraque is not in the lineup. Would've expected him to be in instead of Dandy. I guess maybe he is still slightly nursing his groin injury, and maybe Carbo doesn't really see the need for him against the Canes. At the same time maybe Dandy is also insurance in case O'byrne struggles and needs to ride pine again.

Good to see that the Habs have the full compliment of players to choose from. I am excited to see how the Habs look fully loaded, the only surpirse i have is why Laraque is not in the lineup. Would've expected him to be in instead of Dandy. I guess maybe he is still slightly nursing his groin injury, and maybe Carbo doesn't really see the need for him against the Canes. At the same time maybe Dandy is also insurance in case O'byrne struggles and needs to ride pine again.

good point.

This is a big test for the club. Carolina like Anaheim is not a game where you can coast to victory. Hopefully we can defensively cut them off and transistion attack with 3 lines of SPEED through the neutral zone. Cross the line, a glorious pass - le but! It's time for this team to put a greater rubber stamp on whether or not we are east best. This is definitely one of those tests.

GO HABS GO

One thing we have going for us other than the fact we're better than them is that they have a few key injuries (pitkanen, williams, Kaberle to name a few). :ghg:
And poor Sutter eh.? That's unfortunately to be expected. After all, Weight is an idiot! :angry: I hope the kid is OK

I expect a hard fought game, and a tight score. For some reason our boys seem to have lots of problems against the Canes in Montreal. We need to get that first goal...the first goal is crucial! Get to Ward early, and shake his confidence. With 3 lines going all out(hopefully AK46 is in TOP SHAPE), and bombard Ward's net!

With Jesus Price in Nets, i feel confident that our boys should win, but like I said earlier, it's never easy against the Canes!

Edited by Habsfan

I'm expecting a solid victory - something like 5-2. I think after the bad game against Anaheim that the Habs will play very well tonight and clearly demonstrate they are the better team.

Edited by Peter Puck