Habs vs. Hurricanes | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

lucky to get two !

Habs were not quick or clever gaining the zone, hope they work on a few things because tonight's effort won't take them far this season.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can consider ourselves lucky to get a W from this ''effort''.

But considering we are 6-1-1, ie on pace for 133pts, I wont complain too much :)

The win is great but the game was crap,

These are the kind of games we need to win though.

I don't get it. 2 great periods + OT + Shootout + win = crap game ??? I would have been happy to OVERPAY to be there !

I don't get it. 2 great periods + OT + Shootout + win = crap game ??? I would have been happy to OVERPAY to be there !

I disagree Joe. They sucked for the first 15 mnutes of the first period. They were better in the second, and they were nonchalant in the 3rd. The PP sucked, and our boys missede at least 4 empty nets.

They were lucky to come out with teh 2 points. Take the points and move on to Minnesota!

Edited by Habsfan

I disagree Joe. They sucked for the first 15 mnutes of the first period. They were better in the second, and they were nonchalant in the 3rd. The PP sucked, and our boys missede at least 4 empty nets.

They were lucky to come out with teh 2 points. Take the points and move on to Minnesota!

There are 2 teams on a ice who play the game. If we dominate a 21-17 shots 1-0 game in OT, would you call this a good game ??? I mean, i've been excited during pretty much 40 mins + OT + shootouts. That is what I call a good game. A good game is almost never a perfect game...

There are 2 teams on a ice who play the game. If we dominate a 21-17 shots 1-0 game in OT, would you call this a good game ??? I mean, i've been excited during pretty much 40 mins + OT + shootouts. That is what I call a good game. A good game is almost never a perfect game...

We were outshot 33-25(I think we got 6 shots in the OT because of the PP we had)If it wasn'Mt for that PP in OT, we had 19 shots in 3 periods(only 4 shots in the 3rd) which I find to be unacceptable. I just thought our boys didnT' give any effort out there, and we missed way toooo many open net opportunities!

I attended this game, it was awesome except for some of the mistakes Price made. He was getting too comfortable out of his net and made a couple of rookie mistakes, His rebound control was horrible. Hamrlik had a sub-par game and surprisingly Dandenault had some jump. Habs need to get their rythm back because if they can only pull out a shootout win over CAR, then something needs to be done taking into account we had all of our top players playing. Good game overall, not alot of intensity but I got a good bang for my buck (300 for the pair) What puzzled me was why Eric Staal was first star??

I feel sorry for the people who had to watch this game. Terrible effort and game.

Glad to get the W but ###### we need to get our shit together!

Sorry, but I just don't see any of this new speed or any general improvement in Latendresse. He's completely a non-factor out there. I know he's just a kid, but it's a little disconcerting. I'm not anti-Latendresse... (nor am I

Antii-Laaksonen), but I wouldn't be averse to sending him to Hamilton (and bringing up D'Agostini) for some MUCH needed seasoning and confidence-boosting. Seems to me at the beginning of the season I heard somewhere that he had 10 or 15 games to play before he could not be sent down without going through waivers.

OK,let me have it.... I can take it.

Why break the Koivu-Tangs-Lats line?

Their playing amazing together.

If you mess with chemistry, you mess with success.

My opinion: Keep Lats as long as that line stays productive.

I tend to look at things in a more positive way like ......

Carolina was lucky to be in this game because we missed 4 empty nets and should be sending the Habs a "Thank you" card for the 1 point they got.

I'm not sure what game some of your guys were watching. Price many mistakes? If Koivu didn't deflect goal 1, there was no goal. Goal 2 was a lazy Markov not bearing down on his check. Price wasn't expecting that. Hard to a guy who in reality kept them in the game gets so much heat.

I agree it wasn't a great effort but 2 points is 2 points. A few concerning things

1. Stupid penalties again. People on my psych unit learn faster then these guys.

2. They pass way too much, shoot the puck. Especially on the PP.

3. Thye were very soft again, why do we have Laraque if he just is going to sit. Price was ran over twice in the first, Montreal's answer, passing the puck for 2 minutes. Not acceptable.

4. Players underachieving: You can put your own name in there.

The bottom line is they are 6-1-1 but there is room for improvement on the ice. Maybe a road trip will help out.

I'm not sure what game some of your guys were watching. Price many mistakes? If Koivu didn't deflect goal 1, there was no goal. Goal 2 was a lazy Markov not bearing down on his check. Price wasn't expecting that. Hard to a guy who in reality kept them in the game gets so much heat.

Just by giving this return away like he did on goal 2, I think Price deserve 100% of the blame. How could Markov imagine the puck would comes out Price's reach ? It was supposed to be a faceoffs, not a return and a goal. Oh and if Price stays on the ice with butterfly position, there is no goal 2 neither.

Anyway, we won. Take that Cam Ward and shut the ###### up with your 7-0-1 at the Bell Centre.

I don't know, sure they looked slow and lazy. But they also looked scary tight at times. They just weren't connecting or finishing.

Some of those power-plays were fun to watch and would be even more fun if all those missed nets actually connected. Markov? looks like it's going to take a while to find the sweet spot but he is developing a bomb from the point. Kovalev? I think is better then last year. Pleks was wicked in pre-season, he'll get it back with no doubt.

Lats, I'm not going to shit on him, but I don't feel he is developing into that player we want him to be. He's looking more and more like ahhhhhhh right I'm not going to shit on him..............

Koivu is playing great. Price was awesome, saw a lot of quickness that was pretty impressive.

What I see is a team that started quick, and now is finally healthy. In a lot of ways it's like starting the season all over again and actually putting a game plan into affect. They are going to be fine.

I don't think it was too bad, except that they missed several open nets and good chances. The good news is they created those chances. In games past, they have been just as sloppy, but they buried their chances and didn't really have to fight to the end.

Lats doesn't belong on the first line, imo. He misses more setups and shots that most other players are getting. He just doesn't seem to fit well on that line as he doesn't know what to do half the time. Koivu cycles the puck to him only to see that Lats is too busy peeling off for a weak hit on the boards and losing possession of the puck. Koivu is adjusting by not passing it to him so much. I think Higgins is a much better fit on that line then Lats, while Lats fits into the 3rd line better. imo. I suspect that once Higgins gets back into game shape, you will see him slide back up to the 1st line.

Pleks is still struggling, imo. He is setting up okay, but he has been snake bit. I think he just needs a game or two where they go in for him and he will be back to normal.

Price was very sloppy on that 2nd goal. There was no excuse for that and blaming Markov is bizarre. Price didn't suck all night by any means.

I am loving Tanguay, he seems to be rejuvenating himself with Koivu. I think both of them are in for a hot season!

I heard somewhere that he had 10 or 15 games to play before he could not be sent down without going through waivers.

It was already too late once the season started. Once a player has played 160 regular season and Playoff games, he can't be sent down without going through waivers. Before this season started, Lats had 153 regular season games played and 8 playoff games, for a total of 161.

well guys we got the win! I had to listen to the game on the radio last night and there was an interesting comment by Murray Wilson,he was asked if when Scotty was coaching he was the type of coach to bag skate them after a loss,he said that did not really exist then but also when you only lose 40 games in 5 years there really wasn't much reason to anyways. This is not a direct quote and yes I am paraphrasing however I am going to bet that a lot of the wins those teams had were probably ugly wins like tonite. So I wouldn't get too down on the guys, they won, not pretty, but they only ask how many not how. Celebrate the win, we are going to lose sometimes when we play good just because the hockey gods say so and this is their way of evening it all out. :lol: :ghg: :ghg:

well guys we got the win! I had to listen to the game on the radio last night and there was an interesting comment by Murray Wilson,he was asked if when Scotty was coaching he was the type of coach to bag skate them after a loss,he said that did not really exist then but also when you only lose 40 games in 5 years there really wasn't much reason to anyways. This is not a direct quote and yes I am paraphrasing however I am going to bet that a lot of the wins those teams had were probably ugly wins like tonite. So I wouldn't get too down on the guys, they won, not pretty, but they only ask how many not how. Celebrate the win, we are going to lose sometimes when we play good just because the hockey gods say so and this is their way of evening it all out. :lol: :ghg: :ghg:

Well put. :clap:

it was awesome except for some of the mistakes Price made.

I have to admit that I found the irony amusing when Price got the delay of game penalty and RDS poped up on the screen: Carey Price - re tarde le match. :lol:

Habs still seem to be to fast and rush 2 on 1's and should definitely practice them and 3 on 1's too. Kovalevs goal on that 3 on 1 was lucky and no other Habs probably would have been able to make that shot. Generally a 3 on 1 should be a guarenteed goal unless the D man makes an incredible play to break it up. However with the Habs 3 on 1's are rarely ever goals and the Dman could be a pylon and it would be same no goal result. On a 3 on 1 the player carrying the puck shouldnt have to shoot. What the heck are the other 2 guys doing? Thats like the entire point of a 3 on 1. After all a 3 on 1 isnt supposed to be a break away with 2 guys right there to hug him after he scores. Use the other 2 players on a 3 on 1 please. That'd be great. :clap:

Ironicaly Lats was a half step too slow on the on 2 on 1. :P

As high scoring as the Habs are they are definitely missing a lot of opportunities. If they can start capitalizing more on these lost opportunitities than we should be in for a long year. If not it might not end like how we all hope.