Habs @ Islanders | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a comeback!?

Habs vs NY comebacks becoming a trend....

We played like shit and still got a W.

Goes to show, that if we play to our potential, we will be VERY tough to beat!

The thing is... we already know we're a great team. That doesn't give us an excuse to give the least amount of effort necessary in each game to get them the win. I said before the season that with a team so skilled, every game we lost this year would be the mark of a gross lack of effort. I think these first 10 games have proven that. We've played at what, 50% of our potential? And we're 8-1-1? Imagine if the players actually started to try!

Wammer said it best, it really looks like these guys are believing their press clippings and that's very dangerous. The good new is there's lots of season left to "fine tune" attitudes.

I feel bad for the Isles. It's like the Habs played them, giving them false hope and in the 3rd said "Alright, time to start the game now"

Bah, feel sorry for abused animals..screw the opponent!

LOL, Anyone watching P J Stock on CBC? Is he drunk?!?! I normally like the guy but I don't think I've ever seen a guy botch a game report as badly as he botched the Habs recap. Apparently we came back and got 4 goals to win it in THE FOURTH PERIOD :lol:

Good to see Price stand on his head at the end after blowing a few early ones.

What a 3rd period, Danis what happened? "It's all your fault!"

:o

lol, He must have been feeling pretty good after 2. Bet he and Striet were .

Ooops!

Nice finish to a terrible start, although it was easily a closer game going into the 3rd.

Price looked like Huet on a couple there.

Did I say that?

Wowser, just got back from the pub.

What a Habs 3rd period comeback.

I thought like many of the players probably thought, an easy Habs win, NOT!!!!!!

Like i mentioned earlier, i figured Pleks would hit the sheet tonite. Didn't expect to need a 4 goal comeback though.

Nice to see the guys bail out Price when he wasn't at his sharpest.

Best 3rd period of the season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worst 1st and 2nd peiod of the season :(

The Habs won a game that they had no business being in. They remain the only team in the NHL to not record two losses.

Like i mentioned earlier, i figured Pleks would hit the sheet tonite. Didn't expect to need a 4 goal comeback though.

I also thought the same thing. The reason i thought so was because when i flipped my Habs calender Pleks was the featured player in November. I said to myself he's going to have a good game tonight.

I missed most of the 2nd and was wondering what happened. I only saw the last 5 mins of 2nd.

I caught all of the 3rd period though, that was great. I had a feeling they would pull it off but when there wasnt a 4 min pen for the Kovy high stick I wasnt so sure if it would still happen.

For almost half the 1st period I had semi forgot that this was a road game. There was a crazy amount of Habs fans there. In every corner you could see almost solid red from all the Habs fans. When the Habs scored and you look in the crowd you could see the majority of the people jumping up and down.

The Habs have an unfair advantage over all the other teams because they actualy have some home games on the road. In games like tonights they are basically home games.

Also the Habs finaly got chincy in the 3rd and actually went ahead for good and didnt relinquish a point like they did in the Buff and Bos ties.

Bah, feel sorry for abused animals..screw the opponent!

Didnt you figure out yet that the Isles were guinea pigs tonight?

I sort of imagine the players in the plane going like this:

-Kovalev: "Hey Tommy, think we can make another comeback like last year?"

-Plekanec: "Uh, I dont know... 5-0, that was pretty big"

-Kostitsyn: "Yeah, 5 is alot. Maybe 4-0 we could do"

-Kovalev: "We could do 5-0 again, I tell you"

-Komisarek: "Well... maybe we could, like, practice first..."

-Higgins: "Yeah. How about coming back from 3-0 at first, then..."

-Kovalev: "Chris, stop right there. 3-0? That's too easy!"

-Higgins: "Yeah, but... ok, then we wait until the 3rd period to come back!"

-Plekanec: "Yeah yeah yeah. Score 4 goals in the third. You know, practice our 3rd period comebacks"

-Hamrlik: "I guess that could work... when do we start?"

-Markov: "I dunno..."

-Plekanec: "NYR again?"

-Kovalev: "Nah, they'll expect it"

-Plekanec: "Well... what about the other NY team? That's be, like, cool"

-Kovalev: "Yeah, I guess"

-Kostitsyn: "Yeaah. And Streit is playing for them now"

-Kovalev: "That puck-hogging punk..."

-Markov: "I miss him"

-Koivu: "Guys, I dont think it'll work"

-Guys: "Why?"

-Koivu: "DUH! Because they're the Islanders! How do you get them up 3-0?"

-Kovalev: "Hmmmmm...."

-Price: "I could, like, let in one or two bad goals..."

-Lang: "Yeah, and we could just give them the puck for 2 periods, you know, help them out..."

-Kovalev: "... and then comeback. Ok, good plan."

-Plekanec: "Ok, but dont go and screw it all up by scoring goals in the first 2 periods"

-Kovalev: "Hey, dont look at me. Not my fault I can score unintentionally. I'm that good!"

Post of the year KoZed! :D

The entertaining 3rd almost made up for the horrible first 2 periods... Good to get the win, but I don't want to see that early kind of "effort" again!

Didnt you figure out yet that the Isles were guinea pigs tonight?

I sort of imagine the players in the plane going like this:

-Kovalev: "Hey Tommy, think we can make another comeback like last year?"

-Plekanec: "Uh, I dont know... 5-0, that was pretty big"

-Kostitsyn: "Yeah, 5 is alot. Maybe 4-0 we could do"

-Kovalev: "We could do 5-0 again, I tell you"

-Komisarek: "Well... maybe we could, like, practice first..."

-Higgins: "Yeah. How about coming back from 3-0 at first, then..."

-Kovalev: "Chris, stop right there. 3-0? That's too easy!"

-Higgins: "Yeah, but... ok, then we wait until the 3rd period to come back!"

-Plekanec: "Yeah yeah yeah. Score 4 goals in the third. You know, practice our 3rd period comebacks"

-Hamrlik: "I guess that could work... when do we start?"

-Markov: "I dunno..."

-Plekanec: "NYR again?"

-Kovalev: "Nah, they'll expect it"

-Plekanec: "Well... what about the other NY team? That's be, like, cool"

-Kovalev: "Yeah, I guess"

-Kostitsyn: "Yeaah. And Streit is playing for them now"

-Kovalev: "That puck-hogging punk..."

-Markov: "I miss him"

-Koivu: "Guys, I dont think it'll work"

-Guys: "Why?"

-Koivu: "DUH! Because they're the Islanders! How do you get them up 3-0?"

-Kovalev: "Hmmmmm...."

-Price: "I could, like, let in one or two bad goals..."

-Lang: "Yeah, and we could just give them the puck for 2 periods, you know, help them out..."

-Kovalev: "... and then comeback. Ok, good plan."

-Plekanec: "Ok, but dont go and screw it all up by scoring goals in the first 2 periods"

-Kovalev: "Hey, dont look at me. Not my fault I can score unintentionally. I'm that good!"

Funny as hell!!!! :lol:

I know its bad to quote something so big but it was just that good.

Edited by Habsfan84

06h00 Wake and wash, toast and coffee

07h00 Check server for hacks

08h00 Inspect all of PTG's new posts for possible secret coded leftist activist messages

10h00 Answer PMs from members bitching about one another

12h00 Skype conference with Bob Gainey and George Gillette

13h00 Two all dressed, patate, pepsi & mae west

14h00 Server down, kick it hard, cross fingers and reboot

15h00 Top off the green guy smilie with virtual puke

16h00 Heated mod discussion on appropriateness of "####" as a player nickname

17h00 Referee bullying of poor Andrew in the HWL subforum, correct his spelling errors while there

18h00 Ban the leaf troll

19h00 Server down again, kick it hard, cross fingers and reboot

20h00 Merge five different "Bundle Ryder with ____" trade threads

21h00 Delete all the drunken posts

22h00 One cheese pizza, three Rickard Red

23h00 An animated bull sodomising Darcy Tucker is not an approptiate avatar

24h00 Punch out

It was this one for me. But now I notice it was from 2007...

No points, -2

And on the tying goal it was Higgins back with Koivu and Tanguay.

Latendresse was no where to be found.

Next game am sure there will be another player shuffle, and Begin will probably be sent back to sidelines,

as Kostopolous and Dandedault probably back in.

Begin should play, bench Latendresse.

i've gotta agree he doesnt impress me at all. If he at least would complete or do something by himself. Sure he did a few bodychecks but he's NEVER at the friggin right spot...

I know some people will tell me that he still scored some goals...well many other players would have too with tanguay and koivu....

I come home to a pleasant surprise. Just started reading the thread from where I left in the second, that was a funny read.

I noticed in the recap on NHL.com that BGL got 5 for fighting but not one person mentioned it in this thread. Then I saw the replay.

Damn, BGL got worked. Now we have to watch that for 3 years. Figures, he comes to Montreal and starts sucking. Hopefully this will wake him up and he'll start hitting the gym.

Price can really look lame at times.

I don't know if it's so much the hype that the boys are believing or is it that all teams are gunning for them. Islanders brought the A game right from the drop of the puck. The boys need to realize they are going to have to deal with this every night from every team all season long.

Why couldn't we get the schedule to be like this at the end of the season? Another 4 days off?

I don't know if it's so much the hype that the boys are believing or is it that all teams are gunning for them. Islanders brought the A game right from the drop of the puck. The boys need to realize they are going to have to deal with this every night from every team all season long.

I think that every team will be gunning and prepared for the habs this year. Last year was a surprise for everyone. Nbody expected teh Habs to be that good, and other teams took the Habs lightly on many nights. This year, every team is waiting for the habs. Every team knows the Habs are good and on most nights, the other team will bring it's "A" game against the habs.

Once again our boys seemed to have a lousy start. Price let in a few weak goals, but our boys showed a shitload of character to come back when they were down b 3 goals with 20 minutes left to play. Great comeback, I'm just pissed that i wasn't able to watch this game!