All things HALAK

shortcat1

radio-canada.ca has an article which says that Carbonneau has confirmed that Jaroslav Halak will be playing at least one game this weekend.

from this, the rds.ca writer expects that halak will likely be playing saturday against the hurricanes...

we'll see...

here's the site: http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/hockey/2...-Vendredi.shtml

GO :hlogo: GO!

Edited by shortcat1

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that he said that, it has to be against the Hurricanes. The last thing they want is to have him sitting on the bench Saturday night getting nervous about his game in Columbus... right Colin? :D

Then again, the pressure of a home crowd might be a bit too much for him (doubtful, but hey, it happens).

RDS said that he will play on Sunday, I just saw it on T.V and they said that it wouldn't be a good idea to make him play right away, make him sit for a game and watch how the NHL goes get him ready for tommorow's game... I'm expecting him to be pretty nervous, but I was wathcing the practice the habs had with him, and they seem really nice and cheerful for him...

Well, let's hope he starts off as well as Danis did in the NHL. Kinda funny, I'm the only regular here who will see his first NHL game in person. :lol:

and we'll expect you to give us your complete coverage on the 1st page of this site...

GO :hlogo: GO!

I'm excited to see how Halak responds and how the team responds. GO HALAK GO!

GO HABS GO!

Just when things are looking real bleak, who knows, if this kid brings brings a great game and enthusiasm it just might spread to the rest of the team, strange season so far, here's hoping the next twist is in the Hab's favor!

Go Halak!!! Go Habs!!!

They interviewed him on RDS, and I got to say, the guy is very cool about it. He doesn't seem stressed about coming to the habs, he isn't nervous, he seems all relaxed... I think it's a positive attitude to have, he's not going to be very nervous about being in nets which is sometimes a little weakness rookies have...

Halak's got that "it" factor about him. He always overachieved anywhere he played. I'll never repeat enough times how Halak had an Hasek-in-Buffalo aura about him when he was playing with Lewiston.

Exactly hes such a dominant goalie like kinda I used to be a couple years ago.

Halak to start again on Thursday!

Carbonneau said Halak will be back in the net Thursday in Nashville, when the Canadiens begin a stretch with seven of eight games on the road.

I'm glad Carbo is going to ride Halak as long as possible. I love his puck handling skills and his confidence. I bet Abby is more than jealous.

why not -- Halak is hot and the team has won a couple, Abby gets paid regardless, will step in when the kid has a bad day. I don't think professional goalies sweat it if they sit out because the other guy is on, it's a team sport after all.

Go Habs Go!!!

Aebisher has made himself bench by his poor performance against Carolina. Good average goalie is not enought for Montreal to win the guy between the post has to let no weak goals AND do miracle clutch saves.

It's been like that for Roy, Théodore and Huet last year.

It's the only way this team can win.

I hope he can do the job. The Semin goal was little shaky. Man can this guy handle the puck though!! I love watching him behind the net. His passes are acurate as hell too.

yeah... i never really paid attention to how important it was for the goalie to puck handle well, but after how bad Abby and Huey have been at it, and with the fact that our D aren't really great with the outlet pass, it really helps us get out of our zone that he can handle it well... I think this is something that's often overlooked in terms of our transition game.

Abby has been simply awful recently. How many goals have seen him end up facing his own net? His positioning is just out of control.

I like the guy and I think he's a better goalie than he's shown lately, but until Halak has a really bad game or the next back-to-back set I think it's a no brainer to start him.

ps. I thought the Semin goal was a thing of beuty. Full cred to Semin, no blame to Halak.

Abby has been simply awful recently. How many goals have seen him end up facing his own net? His positioning is just out of control.

I like the guy and I think he's a better goalie than he's shown lately, but until Halak has a really bad game or the next back-to-back set I think it's a no brainer to start him.

ps. I thought the Semin goal was a thing of beuty. Full cred to Semin, no blame to Halak.

I agree, people have been getting on Halak saying he was too deep in his net...come on. Semin threaded the needle and if he did not people would have said how great Halak was in staring him down. And his confidence is filtering through the dressing room based on him refusing to give in to Semin.

It was a perfect shot, Roy used to say if he makes that shot, you give it to him and shake your head and say great shot.

I think we will know more about this Kid after the Nashville game.

Edited by Wamsley01