All things HALAK

shortcat1

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard that Halak has been called up as Price is sick ( from RDS )

Not officially confirmed.

Habs I/O is reporting that it is Huet that is injured, and Halak will replace him.

http://www.habsinsideout.com/main/1425

RDS too... http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/241582.html

Edited by lazy26

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/241582.html

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=224253&hubname=nhl

So Halak and Price will be the new tandem for a while.

Wonder if they should start Halak on Tuesday, his home record is 7-0.

I guess it depends on how sick Price remains.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/241582.html

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=224253&hubname=nhl

So Halak and Price will be the new tandem for a while.

Wonder if they should start Halak on Tuesday, his home record is 7-0.

well I guess this is why you keep a Halak in the minors. Good luck Jaroslav. As one of my friends likes to say "The Demon is back!"

Hey Carbo - if Huet pulled his groin in game, why didn't you bring in Price?

Hey Huet - if you pulled your groin in game, why didn't you skate over to Carbo?

well I guess this is why you keep a Halak in the minors. Good luck Jaroslav. As one of my friends likes to say "The Demon is back!"

Hey Huet - if you pulled your groin in game, why didn't you skate over to Carbo?

Good questions I bet the 2nd is more prevalent

Edited by JMMR

Because he pulled it in the shoot-out.

Because he pulled it in the shoot-out.

I guess that'd make sense, but I'm not seeing that info anywhere. I remember in the game thinking that he looked tender after one of the in-game goals... unfortunately I don't remember which one right now.

I guess that'd make sense, but I'm not seeing that info anywhere. I remember in the game thinking that he looked tender after one of the in-game goals... unfortunately I don't remember which one right now.

It was not after a goal it was after a save on Fiddler.

THIS SUCKS! If we are considering moving Huet and it turns out the groin is a nagging one, his value will plummet :unsure:

He has never played even 50 games in a season and it appears he never will.

He has never played even 50 games in a season and it appears he never will.

I really like Huet and he has been a more than capable starter while in Montreal, but I think you are right. I think the Price era is coming ever sooner.

He pulled his groin during Montreal's 5-4 shootout loss to Nashville on Saturday night,

I've read that, but I don't think he pulled the groin in the shootout, I read that as saying that he pulled his groin at some point during the game.

Edited by simonus
missed some words in original

I've read that, but I don he pulled the groin in the shootout, I read that as saying that he pulled his groin at some point during the game.

right.......He may use it as an excuse now for a shitty performance but I doubt he even knew he was hurt untill after the game. It had to be in the shoot-out. What time was the shot you guys are talking about?

If he was hurt he would have pulled himself.

The timing is actually perfect.

There has been lots of talk about trading Huet and giving the job to Price and Halak. We will see how this tandem of young goalies works. If it does go well, does it spell the end for Huet in Habsville?

I am actually very excited to see Price start playing #1 minutes.

right.......He may use it as an excuse now for a shitty performance but I doubt he even knew he was hurt untill after the game. It had to be in the shoot-out. What time was the shot you guys are talking about?

If he was hurt he would have pulled himself.

Clearly not unless he was hurt on the Radulov shot.

And it might have been Ortymyer somteime in the middle of the third.

You often don't realize you hurt yourself until after the game, even the next day. He might have felt a twinge and figured he could keep going (although he sure didn't look right in the shootout), and then realized after he cooled down that it was stiffening up (insert stiff groin joke here).

In any case, I think Huet has been pretty good this year and I view it as bad news. I hope Halek has a great game.

The timing is actually perfect.

There has been lots of talk about trading Huet and giving the job to Price and Halak. We will see how this tandem of young goalies works. If it does go well, does it spell the end for Huet in Habsville?

I am actually very excited to see Price start playing #1 minutes.

I'm thinking the same thing, PM Koivu. At least this way we can tell how good Price / Halak are as a tandem before Huet being gone for good. and we can see how Price handles knowing he's actually the starter. I suspect Halak will play on Tuesday if Price is still sick, but we'll see what happens. In a strange way, I"m excited. This could be really bad, but change can be good, even if it's "bad news change" and maybe the team will be excited too and rally.

It's a shake up, right? we've all been saying they need some kind of shake up.

Edited by ShortHanded

You often don't realize you hurt yourself until after the game, even the next day. He might have felt a twinge and figured he could keep going (although he sure didn't look right in the shootout), and then realized after he cooled down that it was stiffening up (insert stiff groin joke here).

In any case, I think Huet has been pretty good this year and I view it as bad news. I hope Halek has a great game.

It would explain alot in regards to the Preds game. I was at the game and I had a great view of Huet in the 1st and 3rd period and the guy was incredible in the first period and mediocre from the 3rd period on. 2 of his 3 shootout attempts were really sad, the first shot squeezed through him and the second, he didn't even move.

I am not creating any excuses for him, but it would make sense for his inconsistent effort.

Edited by Wamsley01