All things HALAK

shortcat1

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe my opinion carrys more mustard with Bob than I thought :B)

Now gives a week or 2 of brilliance Halak, we need your trade value through the roof . Price will be back better than he is now. He needs more game time than backing up Huet is giving him.

Locke will prove to be the added offfensive punch we need........or not, in which case he and Chips trade spots again down the road or Milroy gets a shot.

How long until Lats goes down for Ferland or D'agostino to get another shot?

Bob is playing the who wants it most game with the kids it would seem.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

I do not agree with this move at all. Chipchura and Price both played well for the Habs.

I don't see how we can trade Halak. Won't it be tough to sign Huet after this season? He's getting older and has largely proven himself over the last 3 years. I assume he's going to want a lucrative 4 year deal. I don't think we can commit to 4 years if we expect Price to be our next goalie. And I don't think the team wants to put all eggs in the Price basket. But having two young, inexpensive options like Price and Halak next year should cover us in case one doesn't pan out...

I don't see how we can trade Halak. Won't it be tough to sign Huet after this season? He's getting older and has largely proven himself over the last 3 years. I assume he's going to want a lucrative 4 year deal. I don't think we can commit to 4 years if we expect Price to be our next goalie. And I don't think the team wants to put all eggs in the Price basket. But having two young, inexpensive options like Price and Halak next year should cover us in case one doesn't pan out...

totally agree. ..

signing Huet for 4 yrs using him a yr or 2 or less until Price is ready then trading him is possible. We do still have Danis who did okay at this level when ever called on. He could back Price instead of Halak, if the trade was worth while of course. Say part of the Ovech deal. Ok, shhh.

HAHAHA do people honestly beleive that two weeks will build up Halaks trade value :wacko: !!!!! 2 weeks will increase his trade value from a mediocre player to an ok player in return. and over the rest of the season we will be lucky if that turns into an alright player. GM's know what Halak can do by watching him in the AHL. Some people need to look at this differently

I really dont know why every one is all like, "we owe it to Halak" this is why you would never be the GM of an NHL team! Look at what happened when gretzkey felt like he "owed" players a chance to go to the Olympics...it backfired and we were dominated when it was clear that guys like Crosby and Phaneuf should have been on the starting roster. I like Halak but Price is the future!

HAHAHA do people honestly beleive that two weeks will build up Halaks trade value :wacko: !!!!! 2 weeks will increase his trade value from a mediocre player to an ok player in return. and over the rest of the season we will be lucky if that turns into an alright player. GM's know what Halak can do by watching him in the AHL. Some people need to look at this differently

I really dont know why every one is all like, "we owe it to Halak" this is why you would never be the GM of an NHL team! Look at what happened when gretzkey felt like he "owed" players a chance to go to the Olympics...it backfired and we were dominated when it was clear that guys like Crosby and Phaneuf should have been on the starting roster. I like Halak but Price is the future!

Who, if every one, said "we owe Halak" anything?

Try posting opinions without attacking what you interperet from others posts. I do now as much as possible and find it healthier.

If you have read the posts here regularly, I said last week I'd send Price down asap to get games in. It makes sense. he has to play more often to develop. How could it not improve Halaks's current value if he puts up numbers like he did last season? Price is the future, on that we agree, however, the future need not be now. We have variables.

well......

At least this might keep Halak a tad happy

he deserves a shot

The first one implies that we must keep our future "back-up" happy. While Price says in the media he doesnt mind going down, he could be thinking differently. Why would we keep a future back-up happy and potentially anger a goalie who could be a franchise net-minder. (I am not saying this is for certain..."I guess I have to clarify everything I say, so lesser minds do not attack me")

The second one screams, "we owe Halak a chance"

Maybe you should take your own advice from time to time buddy!

And would you like to explain to me how two weeks even with good numbers gives his trade value an upper???? I guess there havent been any players that hjave had one good season and then fallen off the charts. Nope deffinatley not....as was said by a GM on NHL on TSN, in the case of Michael Ryder, GM's know what players can do and what they cant do...they arenjt flying blind here. 2 weeks changes nothing, half a season changhes nothing. If Halak performs above his skills for two maybe three seasons in a row his value might start to increase to a point where it will matter, but for Halak right now the most we can get is a depth player straiht up and that will never change. Just look at all the trade rumours for Ryder...the guy has consistently scored 20 or 30 goals in the last three seasons and still all we can get for him is a depth player. Look what we got for Ribeiro who had two "decent" seasons before getting traded!

All I am saying is dont hold your breath for something we need even if Halak performs well in the next two weeks or the full season. We are better off keeping him! If he does get tarded soon, it could be for a player a little better than what we got for Marcel Hossa.

People read a little too much in this.

Both Chipchura and Price have sucked lately; Halak and Locke have been doing well in the AHL.

1 + 1 = 2.

However reading into things is fun! Locke is the type of prospect "à la Balej" that we can spare in a trade. I wouldn't say the same about Halak though. Can't have Huet and Price platooning for the next 2-3 years; so keeping Halak in the fold is a bonus.

Locke could be spared for a rent-a-player.

Well, Price wasn't going to play right now anyway... At least this might keep Halak a tad happy (I guess...)

Just to clarify for those who didn't catch on... I was being a tad sarcastic... :D

People read a little too much in this.

Both Chipchura and Price have sucked lately; Halak and Locke have been doing well in the AHL.

1 + 1 = 2.

However reading into things is fun! Locke is the type of prospect "à la Balej" that we can spare in a trade. I wouldn't say the same about Halak though. Can't have Huet and Price platooning for the next 2-3 years; so keeping Halak in the fold is a bonus.

Locke could be spared for a rent-a-player.

Except for faceoffs, I don't see where Chips sucked lately ? And I don't think sending him in the AHL will improve his faceoffs skills... So useless move IMO.

Price has not been his best lately, but I don't know where you're coming from saying Chipchura has sucked lately. He was dominant against the Lightning, and was pretty good against the Capitals besides the face-off issue.

I guess this is a good move for Price to give him more playing time with the spread out schedule and Huet's recent stint of being decent. But the Chipchura move I don't agree with, sure he was losing face-offs but he was playing damned well besides that. This gives Smolinski more of a chance to redeem himself, he better come through. He was supposed to be good at face-offs, but he's been good at nothing. I really don't expect to see much from Locke, but meh. We'll see our two boys back up here in not too long. Price at least will definitely be back to finish the season because he's a big game player.

Edited by Neech

Chipchura has been struggling defensively for a while; and his offense/checking has been nothing to write home about neither. For a rookie on the bottom of the depth chart, Chipchura should/would have been "eating the boards" to keep his roster spot (the way Lapierre did once he got called up).

"Sucked" might be a big word, but clearly Chipper has looked more and more overwhelmed as the season went on. The kid should benefit from taking a step back and get his confidence back playing more minutes in the AHL.

Chipchura is minus 1 with 11 points. Not bad for a 20 year old. If your talking about sucking defensively you may want to look at Dandy and Streit. Minus 16 for the 2. Maybe they should go down and work on there game.

Apparently Price was beside himself after the saturday afternoon loss to the Capitals. Saku had to go over and console him.

I just hope that this demotion will not fv.ck him up too much!

Hopefully, Price will get many starts in Hamilton and kick some american league ass!

Apparently Price was beside himself after the saturday afternoon loss to the Capitals. Saku had to go over and console him.

I just hope that this demotion will not fv.ck him up too much!

Hopefully, Price will get many starts in Hamilton and kick some american league ass!

Price was interviewed and said he had no problem going back to Hamilton if that is what the team decieded he knows they want what is best for him.

Smolinski got the green light from the medical staff.

Locke will probably go down to Hamilton , does he have to go through waivers?

I don't think so, but if we do, I hope we make some sort of trade... hate to lose him for nothing.

Why is it that whenever anything at all happens, people think there is going to be a trade? I don't get it.

Mostly wishful thinking.

Gainey is so guarded about his deals and who he is talking to that this type of speculation is all we are left with.

Edited by Habitforming

Mostly wishful thinking.

Gainey is so guarded about his deals and who he is talking to that this type of speculation is all we are left with.

It's the day we don't speculate, that Gainey pulls the trigger on a deal.

OK, how bout Wednesday next week we all agree to not speculate. Everyone good?

I'm in. Just don't blame me if it's a deal we don't like. :P