Habs vs. Boston | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do we have Laroque? I know it's too soon to panic, but WTF? He doesn't hit anyone, he barely fights...I said this in the other games, what is the point of him?

yup

LOL, one bright spot...Lucic sure kicked the shit outa Komi's helmet.

This team has an attitude problem, of this I am sure. They come off one of the best Habs games I've seen on Tuesday and turn in a pile of crap like this tonight?!?! Hate to say it, when a young team starts believing how great they are after one win...that is the coaches fault. These young guys might need a much scarier coach.

I can't understand everyone's performance. They can't miss Kosto that much do they? I mean Kosto is a stud, but was he really the cog that kept this team together?

Remember the last time a coach tried to send a message to a franchise (potential) goalie?

Seems like Carbo wants to send a message to Price by keeping him in there... or to Halak.

Ya, we all saw how well that worked with Patrick Roy. I'm having my first serious doubts about Carbo as an NHL coach tonight.

Edited by Fat Tony

LOL, one bright spot...Lucic sure kicked the shit outa Komi's helmet.

This team has an attitude problem, of this I am sure. They come off one of the best Habs games I've seen on Tuesday and turn in a pile of crap like this tonight?!?! Hate to say it, when a young team starts believing how great they are after one win...that is the coaches fault. These young guys might need a much scarier coach.

Bah, they definitely need an attitude adjustment but I'm not sure about the scary coaches part. That's juniors stuff. Though I wouldnt want to be around Muller & Carbo when they get angry.

Why aren't they pissed? The habs aren't playing mean! If I was embarassed like this I'd want to rip someones head off. This game feels like last years playoffs, the habs are timid, afraid to get hit, missing passes. Wasn't Larouqe brought in to correct this?

Edited by bar

I can't understand everyone's performance. They can't miss Kosto that much do they? I mean Kosto is a stud, but was he really the cog that kept this team together?

Remember the last time a coach tried to send a message to a franchise (potential) goalie?

Ya, we all saw how well that worked with Patrick Roy. I'm having my first serious doubts about Carbo as an NHL coach tonight.

Can't compare an egomaniac 30 yrs old Roy with two Conn-Smythes willingly getting humiliated at home by a rookie coach and ex-teammate; and a nonchalant 21 yrs old Price getting told to tough it out on the road by an NHL vet coach twice his age.

Can't compare an egomaniac 30 yrs old Roy with two Conn-Smythes willingly getting humiliated at home by a rookie coach and ex-teammate; and a nonchalant 21 yrs old Price getting told to tough it out on the road by an NHL vet coach twice his age.

Though is it worth ruining his shaky confidence for some idiotic point?

The Bruins are a much better team this year, and they work hard. If Montreal thinks they will get crowned conference champ by default they are in for a rude surprise.

The 2nd line is just not what it was last year. No urgency, not sharp, etc. Koivu's line has been great most games, but where is everyone else?

Our D definitely needs an upgrade at some point this year.

Boston is enjoying this.

Bah, they definitely need an attitude adjustment but I'm not sure about the scary coaches part. That's juniors stuff. Though I wouldnt want to be around Muller & Carbo when they get angry.

I say that because this is a very young team with around 11 guys under 25...a tougher no nonsense coach who screams at you instead of calling you out in the media might be what a young team would respond better to. Just my 2 cents, but this team is horribly inconsistent...losing 3-2 or 4-2 is one thing, this will be the 3rd time in 14 games they've lost allowing 6 (or more) goals and that's just brutal...especially when they keep giving glimpses of what they are capable of when they're sharp. One or two guys out to lunch is no cause for alarm, 15 or more out to lunch MULTIPLE TIMES points all fingers at the coach.

Though is it worth ruining his shaky confidence for some idiotic point?

If this ruins his confidence then he is not ready to be number 1... Number one goalies don't lose confidence, they get mad and play better the next game.

You guys crack me up sometimes.

Best team we've had in basically two decades; yet people keep trying to blow things out of proportion and find problems every bad game. When it's not the players who arent scoring enough or fighting enough, it's the coaches who arent huffing and puffing enough. (yet I remember people hating Michel Therrien for doing exactly that)

Its one bad game. It happens. Its a good character builder.

There's nothing more to it than that.

This game will only make me cheer harder...and hate the bruins more....

At one point i actually felt bad for them......now I remember why this is a rivalry!!!!

And every time i see a game vs bruins in MTL, i will taunt their fans, and Boo the living hell out of them

Here's to hoping for a successful Roy Retirement Night on the 22nd

Ps: I am going to the game on Saturday....if they play like this...theres a strong chance I might boo the team ive cheered for my entire life off the ice

GO :hlogo: GO

Something is not right with this team. How can they pay 2 horrible games and a great game in between in less than a week??

My guess is that too many players on this team think they can get by just on their talent. No hard work from this team!!!Pathetic!

Ones an accident, two's unlucky, three times is a pattern. I think we can all say the team has won on pure skill, and luck this season. They did not deserve half of their wins.

Edited by bar

You guys crack me up sometimes.

Best team we've had in basically two decades; yet people keep trying to blow things out of proportion and find problems every bad game. When it's not the players who arent scoring enough or fighting enough, it's the coaches.

Its one bad game. It happens. Its a good character builder.

There's nothing more to it than that.

I agree it's the best team we've seen in decades. But like I said above, it's very worrisome that they can follow up the best game I've seen in years with the worst. The last few years this wouldn't have bothered me as much...but right now with this teams talent, getting blown out 6-1 by a division rival and rolling over and playing dead worries me about the teams character. Too many guys were just going through the motions, does that not worry you at all?

This team is very talented, no doubt. However, they lack a consistent effort and discipline which is what turns a good team into a great team. They haven't beaten too many teams this year that come out hard on them. Remember the playoffs last year? Boston almost beat them just by showing up. Philly had no problems with them.

There is just something missing on this team and I am not sure what it is. I don't think it is just the coaches. Chemistry problem? Perhaps this is just character building which they need after reading their own press clipping and buying it...

What ever the problem is, they better get over it or we are going to see a lot more bad games. Teams are figuring these guys out.. just out work them!

I'm ready to pull the plug on Laraque...he's a useless coward. I hope Steve Bégin is never made a healthy scratch in favor of that big pile of chickenshit again. At least Begin has heart...Laraque has none.

Something is not right with this team. How can they pay 2 horrible games and a great game in between in less than a week??

My guess is that too many players on this team think they can get by just on their talent. No hard work from this team!!!Pathetic!

Agreed 100%. I think too many of these guys are believing the hype around them that they're so talented. Not any call for panic yet, I'd much rather this happen in the 1st 14 games than the last 14...they have time to work this out but common guys, wake up!

I'm ready to pull the plug on Laraque...he's a useless coward. I hope Steve Bégin is never made a healthy scratch in favor of that big pile of chickenshit again. At least Begin has heart...Laraque has none.

I'm hoping he's fighting a nagging injury because if this is the real Laraque why bother.