Habs vs. Boston | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laraque tried to go with Lucic, and Thornton on multiple occasions, and they declined. I had no problem with that until Lucic fought Komi. That that tells me they were scared of BGL. That little prick needs to be taught a lesson, I say next Saturday Laraque shouldn't give him the choice, just jump him and Pummel that big ######in nose of his.

Anyone else want to puke with the way Lucic was hammin it up after he scored the goal and after the fight?

Why would they have fought Laraque, Lucic and Thornton were too busy kicking our arses on the scoresheet...

Seriously though, Lucic showed his true colours tonight, have you ever seen a habs win a fight then start screaming Woooo, Woooo. ######in pansy.

If by true colors you mean that he scored a goal, was a plus 1, was physical, beat Mike Komisarek in a fight, and got the tird star, then yes. Personally I just wish we had players like.. or I should say that I wish that our players similar to him played like that...

Why would they have fought Laraque, Lucic and Thornton were too busy kicking our arses on the scoresheet...

That's my point. Lucic had no problem going with Komi. I know there's a bit of a history there but he's a douche. Any respect I had is gone, first on the goal, chatting with the fans, after her made it 5-1, then fighting Komi when he declined to go when asked earlier in the game with Laraque. He's nothing more than a punk.

Seriously though, Lucic showed his true colours tonight, have you ever seen a habs win a fight then start screaming Woooo, Woooo. ######in pansy.

The kid will learn soon enough to stay humble, or someone is gonna go Ulf Samuelsson on him.

If by true colors you mean that he scored a goal, was a plus 1, was physical, beat Mike Komisarek in a fight, and got the tird star, then yes. Personally I just wish we had players like.. or I should say that I wish that our players similar to him played like that...

No by true colors, I mean turning down Laraque when he was asked to go, and acting like an ass when he scored a goal and won a fight in a game that was over.

That's my point. Lucic had no problem going with Komi. I know there's a bit of a history there but he's a douche. Any respect I had is gone, first on the goal, chatting with the fans, after her made it 5-1, then fighting Komi when he declined to go when asked earlier in the game with Laraque. He's nothing more than a punk.

Lucic has a history with Komisarek from the last playoffs, but he had absolutely no reason to fight with Laraque. What would Lucic or the Bruins have gained from such a fight, the team was in control, had all the momentum, and it's not like Laraque made a dirty hit on a core Bruins player?

Not what one tends to look for in an enforcer. I'd prefer a guy with the disposition of a Rottweiler whenever a teammate has been cheap-shotted.

I'm talking off the ice. On the ice it's a different story.

He knows he is underperforming. He is not himself.

I expect a change, give him time boys...

Lucic has a history with Komisarek from the last playoffs, but he had absolutely no reason to fight with Laraque. What would Lucic or the Bruins have gained from such a fight, the team was in control, had all the momentum, and it's not like Laraque made a dirty hit on a core Bruins player?

Ya but guys like Mcyntire, Boogard and other goons hammer the other teams star in order to force whichever enforcer is on the ice to fight him. This is a tactic a good goon will use to switch the momentum. He should crush Bergeron or Savard when Lucic is on the ice, and then he can destroy Lucic's big ugly nose.

Lucic is a fighter he had 13 fights last year. What reason did he have to go with Ivanans last year or Erskine or for that matter Tim Gleason, or any of his 10 other fights last year? Not exactly the cream of the crop in most of those. The fact of the matter is Lucic Pussed out when he was asked to go by BGL. And he acted like an ass when the game was already out of hand.

Lucic is a fighter he had 13 fights last year. What reason did he have to go with Ivanans last year or Erskine or for that matter Tim Gleason, or any of his 10 other fights last year? Not exactly the cream of the crop in most of those. The fact of the matter is Lucic Pussed out when he was asked to go by BGL. And he acted like an ass when the game was already out of hand.

First, Lucic isn't a fighter... he's a hockey player who fights, there's a difference. He's an improving sophomore player with good skills (he was a WHL star and Memorial Cup MVP) who's getting more and more responsibilities, getting some powerplay time and sometimes playing on the top offensive lines. Again, Boston had absolutely nothing to gain from losing Lucic for 5 minutes, especially not against a marginal hockey player like Laraque; Laraque did the right thing trying to initiate a fight, and Lucic was very smart to refuse.

First, Lucic isn't a fighter... he's a hockey player who fights, there's a difference. He's an improving sophomore player with good skills (he was a WHL star and Memorial Cup MVP) who's getting more and more responsibilities, getting some powerplay time and sometimes playing on the top offensive lines. Again, Boston had absolutely nothing to gain from losing Lucic for 5 minutes, especially not against a marginal hockey player like Laraque; Laraque did the right thing trying to initiate a fight, and Lucic was very smart to refuse.

Lol you're making the same argument some habs fans made after last post season about why komi never fought Lucic, fact is the guy is a fighter. You don't have 13 fights in one season,being a hockey player first and a fighter second. And it still doesn't excuse the fact that he acted like an ass.

*lol* what does this Lucic guy thinks he is, Hulk? Oh my god, those dudes are so ridicilous. :lol:

I'm already pumped for the next Boston game, this was hopefully a real motivator for the the whole team ... the next time it's back to normal and those Beaners whiners won't have to play the Hulk anymore.

Btw. Laraque and Thornton, where was it?

Personally I just wish we had players like.. or I should say that I wish that our players similar to him played like that...

The finger should be pointed at Mr Latendresse for this one......what has HE done lately?

Matthew Dandenault...4th line plug...is he out there to show off that he can skate like a ballerina and do absolutely nothing else?

Latendresse/4th line looks like Cirque De Soliel out there at times

Edited by l<OV4L3V

I don't get the posts putting down Lucic because he wouldn't fight BGL.

He has battled hard with Komi for two seasons. Komi is a big, hard hitting man. They had good reason to fight each other.

We are sad because Komi got his ass handed to him, BADLY.

Crappy game :puke:

If you missed the fight:

http://habsinsideout.com/main/10786

Edited by Prime Minister Koivu

I don't get the posts putting down Lucic because he wouldn't fight BGL.

He has battled hard with Komi for two seasons. Komi is a big, hard hitting man. They had good reason to fight each other.

We are sad because Komi got his ass handed to him, BADLY.

Crappy game :puke:

If you missed the fight:

http://habsinsideout.com/main/10786

I think if Lucic landed even half his punches then he might have won this fight. Unfortunately for him he missed on 90% and all his helicopter swinging made it look better then it was.

The finger should be pointed at Mr Latendresse for this one......what has HE done lately?

Matthew Dandenault...4th line plug...is he out there to show off that he can skate like a ballerina and do absolutely nothing else?

Latendresse/4th line looks like Cirque De Soliel out there at times

Funny thing to say after a game where basically only Lats showed up for the Habs.

:puke: :puke: :puke:

Lol you're making the same argument some habs fans made after last post season about why komi never fought Lucic, fact is the guy is a fighter. You don't have 13 fights in one season,being a hockey player first and a fighter second. And it still doesn't excuse the fact that he acted like an ass.

Eric Lindros was a fighter ? No. He was a big young player trying to make a name for himself as the next big dominant power forward.

And to me, that young Lucic = the good ol' young Lindros...

Funny thing to say after a game where basically only Lats showed up for the Habs.

:puke: :puke: :puke:

Agreed actually only 4 guy showed up and Latendresse was one of them.

Koivu, Andrei Kost and Cube.

4th line can not be aimed to be responsable for that loss :wacko:

True Dandenault is not useful in tough games, but Kosto is suspended and Bégin had

a bad timing to go complaining to the coach before that game, he would have been use

in that game but Carbo could not dress him it would have sent a wrong message to the

other players who will have to sit sometime this year. Go complain and you will play..,.NOT.

Where was l<OV4L3V beloved player ? He didn't show up. For sake see the two face

of your favourite player. When he is good to you he is a God and when he doesn't show up, all

the other players usuallly grinders are not good enough to wear the same sweater as Kovy.

No need to point the players who played bad this is a wakeup call that doesn't need to be explained

to the players, if you puss out of the play you won't get hurt but you won't win.

Columbus was 1 point, Leafs none, Ottawa was 2 and last night was nothing. 4 games - 4 points = .5 - It could be worse. I don't like .5 anymore than anyone else but at least it's better to .5 during a mini-slump than it is to get .2 or .3

TIME TO TRULY WAKE UP. USE THE SPEED AND GET AWAY FROM TRYING TO WIN A GRIT GAME BY PLAYING GRIT. SPEED!!!

4th line can not be aimed to be responsable for that loss :wacko:

True Dandenault is not useful in tough games, but Kosto is suspended and Bégin had

a bad timing to go complaining to the coach before that game, he would have been use

in that game but Carbo could not dress him

Where was l<OV4L3V beloved player ? He didn't show up. For sake see the two face

of your favourite player. When he is good to you he is a God and when he doesn't show up, all

the other players usuallly grinders are not good enough to wear the same sweater as Kovy.

It's kind of hard to knock on last year's MVP; don't you think? Especially when Kovalev was a key component in keeping that 12 game regular season win streak, and contributing toward knocking the bruins out round 1 last year as well! I really hope you aren't one of those delusional fans that expects Kovalev to go out there and work his magic when the team as a whole is in a slump. With regards to Guillaume: he's had a couple of good games; but as far as I am concerned he is supposed to be a Lucic-type player, not only noted for his physical presence but also for his offensive ability (which on the 3rd line he should have more of!!) I guess you failed to understand my previous post, I was not blaming the 4th line for the loss; but was implying that the purpose of an "energy line" is to create just that. What I saw last night was a pathetic display of that role. The fourth line is critical to teams; they are essentially supposed to be the spark that gets the team going when nothing is going right, crash and bang, and get the odd chip in goal here and there (see detroit). Lapierre-1pt, Dandenault-1pt, Laraque-0, Tom the Bomb-2. If they aren't going to throw the hits and drop the mits, bring up some kids who will!!!!!!!

Edited by l<OV4L3V

Well that was another disturbing effort. How do you not show up? Blaming 4th liners, Price is just nuts. Roy could have played last night and it would have made no difference.

Well i have seen enough of this team this year to make some comments.

They aren't as good as there record.

3 players that are pissing me off

1. Kovalev: Show up every now and again. You are not making a deffierence when you are on the ice. If i were in charge, i'd be looking to move you.

2. Komi: Look at some tapes from last year, you are playing horrible, win a battle in your every once in a while. Clear the front of the net. If your going to talk, push people after the whistle and challenge you, atleast show up for the fight. You got your a## handed to you.

3. Pleks: You are playing like a litle girl, wake up.

3 team traits that are pissing me off:

1. No work ethic, no pride, no physical play, no leadership. I thought i wouldn't have to say this again after last year but they are just as menatlly weak as before.

2. Defensive zone: Is this some new defensive system i'm not aware of, standing around and watching the puck all night? Turnovers, Turnovers, Turnovers.

3. Stupid Penalties every night. Even if your old your brain HAS the ability to learn new things.

3 coaching things that piss me off:

1. You have Laraque, use him. Having 16 pussies and 2 physical players doesn't make you a tough team. Send a message, laraque does not take dumb penalties, play the 4th line more. Atleast they try. Dandy should not be on the ice. Begin or Kosto should be in.

2. Start benching good players who don't show up. Kovalev to start. Benching 4th liners doesn't make a statement. I would even bench Komi Sat night. Send a message.

3. Do something about the defensive zone please.

GM: I would look to get Boumeester, i would move kovalev out west to any one who would take him. He is clearly back to his old form.

They need to get more North South type players, i'm not bashing the Euros on the team but you don't get a goal for every 10 passes. GO TO THE NET. Every team does it against the Habs.

Goalies: I feel sorry for you, you get blamed everytime you lose, even though the team in front of has no clue how to play physical or in there own end. They turn it over all night and never clear the front of the net. You don't get enough praise when you win.

They are still a good team, but i think a few changes need to happen ASAP.

Its almost like the whole team had Food Poisoning before the game!

Laraque was major disappointment. Get out there and do your job - don't make one of your top defensemen who is out there 25 minutes a game battle Lucic - that was your friggin job.

Why else does he think he is in the lineup - for his skating ability ?

Even more disturbing is he again had 0 hits out there, -2 ... I just dont know what he is thinking.

The game is lost, ge out there and knock Lucic out - even if he doesnt drop his gloves right away or turtles in front of his home ice - Laraque would have done his job.

Laraque gets a suspension fine - at least its sends some sort of Message !

I will continue Latendresse bashing - because hes another that does absolutely nothing out there.

What happened to all the power skating thru the summer?

Hes a big kid that should be able to hit - at least get a good shot on net or something --- nada!

Columbus was 1 point, Leafs none, Ottawa was 2 and last night was nothing. 4 games - 4 points = .5 - It could be worse. I don't like .5 anymore than anyone else but at least it's better to .5 during a mini-slump than it is to get .2 or .3

TIME TO TRULY WAKE UP. USE THE SPEED AND GET AWAY FROM TRYING TO WIN A GRIT GAME BY PLAYING GRIT. SPEED!!!

1 + 0 + 2 + 0 = 4? Your math is off... :P

A better point is that this is a mini-slump... let's break out of it now before it becomes a legitimate slump.

I thought lats played well last night.

1 + 0 + 2 + 0 = 4? Your math is off... :P

A better point is that this is a mini-slump... let's break out of it now before it becomes a legitimate slump.

I thought lats played well last night.

Or let's hope we're getting our annual Christmas-time slump out of the way a month early.

As for Lucic, I love how he acted. He was wearing his heart on his sleeve and was damn excited about it. We need our guys to play with that kind of emotion.

I will continue Latendresse bashing - because hes another that does absolutely nothing out there.

What happened to all the power skating thru the summer?

Hes a big kid that should be able to hit - at least get a good shot on net or something --- nada!

What a joke. He's second on the team in hits behind Komisarek. I didn't watch the game, but my Dad did and he told me that Latendresse was about the only Hab who looked close to good last night.

If you want to bash a youngster, bash Sergei. He's been absolutely invisible at even strength. He's nowhere near the fiesty little SOB he was last year. If you're gonna drop anyone from the 3rd line, it should be him. They can still get him decent minutes on the powerplay, but he's not helping us at even strength.