Habs vs. Flyers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

we can't gain the zone with speed and press 5 on 5, flyers forecheck breaks our plays or they can shut us down in the neutral zone. Meanwhile our D is soft. not a terrible game but i wonder how effectively the Habs can adjust?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most concerning thing for me is that this is how teams play in the playoffs and the coaching staff

still does not have any answers after the humiliation by the Flyers last year.

That being said, Stanley Cups are not won in November, they are won in June.

Keep dumping the puck. Why didn't they earlier? Oh, excuse me, I forgot. They were too busy carrying the puck in and going for the pretty (outnumbered on the play) one timer.

Carbonneau and Co. had better figure out their basics too IMO!

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

PP sucked... did they even get a shot?

They just don't seem very sharp. much better effort, but still mess up simple passes and plays when under pressure.

Well, its officially a slump... better show up hard tomorrow.

This worries me mainly because I see the same issues that killed them in the playoffs still. Definitely need another defenseman, and I am still missing that big centre who can manhandle the other team and control the puck.

Halak was better then Price has been, I would almost give him the game tomorrow, but that won't happen. Price will hopefully bounce back tomorrow.