Maxim Trunev

MAK

Trunev could be a heck of a steal considering he made the cut off date for the 2008 draft by like 5 days.

The feeling around this kid is that had he not been eligible for the 2008 draft, he'd be a first rounder in 2009.

Trunev could be a heck of a steal considering he made the cut off date for the 2008 draft by like 5 days.

The feeling around this kid is that had he not been eligible for the 2008 draft, he'd be a first rounder in 2009.

You're dead on there Tony.

Trunev was one of, if not the youngest player in the draft and Timmins and company have gushed over him since they were able to make the selection. In terms of talent and skill this guy is a major steal in any round after the first, but the 5th round is sick.

In 3-5 years people will be looking at past drafts and wondering why he was still available after the first round(alot like the S. Kostitsyn draft year).

Hm. I didn't realize this until today. Trunev was part of the Tanguay trade.

Tanguay and Trunev for whoever the first was this year and a 2nd next year.

If Trunev turns out half as well as posters here think (keeping in mind the propensity to overrate one's one prospects) then that trade continues to improve. Our scouting staff is bordering on Divine New Jersey-ness or Sacred Detroit-itutde.

Hm. I didn't realize this until today. Trunev was part of the Tanguay trade.

Tanguay and Trunev for whoever the first was this year and a 2nd next year.

If Trunev turns out half as well as posters here think (keeping in mind the propensity to overrate one's one prospects) then that trade continues to improve. Our scouting staff is bordering on Divine New Jersey-ness or Sacred Detroit-itutde.

New jersey's scouting is wayyyyyyyyy overrated !!

I hope he enjoys his career in the KHL. <sic>

Looks like I'm not alone in the Cynic Club. Must be age, uh? ;)

I refuse to build up any hopes in any Russian prospects until they've played well enough in the NHL to earn a multi-millions contract for many years that the KHL cant match like Andrei K did last season.

Until then, they're just players to whom the Habs have the NHL rights, like in the old pre-Priakin days.