Leafs honouring Wendel Clark

sbhatt

I want to know....was this planned before or after the Habs announced the date that they'd be retiring Patrick's number.

If it was before, no big deal.

But if it was after, that's some kind of ######ING audacity for them to schedule it on Patrick's night. It would cause me to have an even lower opinion of their organization than I already have, and that's not easy to do!!!

I just want CBC to get him off my TV. I just dont care about the bottom-drawer, Mike McPhee wannabe, crusty old crumbs the Leafs have to scrounge to justify retiring a number and make it look like they have anything that compares to the Habs.

I thought the same thing as you sb although after a little research it turns out the Leafs laid claim to today for Wendel Clark more then a month before the Habs did.

Oh well, Roy was a billion times the player Clark was so all it does it make the Leafs ceremony just look more insignificant.

I want to know....was this planned before or after the Habs announced the date that they'd be retiring Patrick's number.

If it was before, no big deal.

But if it was after, that's some kind of ######ING audacity for them to schedule it on Patrick's night. It would cause me to have an even lower opinion of their organization than I already have, and that's not easy to do!!!

So since the Leafs planned that night before the Canadiens did, I guess you must have a lower opinion of the Habs organization, no? ;)