Diago to the Ice!

MMPL

Diago has definitely earned it.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Any guesses on who he will play with/who he will temperarely replace? Does it mean Tangs injury is worse than what it has been reported?

Edited by MMPL

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad they are giving him a chance, he has earned it in Hamilton.

"28 points (8-20-28) in 15 games (2006) ... His 15-game point-scoring streak was the longest in the OHL playoffs (2006)"

like that hes a big game performer - hope he sticks around

Now if they could just find way to bring Chipchura back, would be happy :)

I don't think that D'Agostini is here for the long run. Hamilton plays a game at the bell on sunday my guess is that he'll be there.

Latendresse and Tanguay are both questionable, so it's just a matter of needed an extra body. That it happens to be a guy that is deserving a callup is just gravy.

YUP I think you hit the head on the nail :lol:

I was very happy to hear this. We need some new blood in the lineup - some rookie enthusiasm. Hopefully he'll add some more *jam* (as Maguire says) too.

I agree with what you said, but I absolutely hate the Maguire reference.

Can't stand the guy, IMO he is as bad as Cherry.

:puke:

I agree with what you said, but I absolutely hate the Maguire reference.

Can't stand the guy, IMO he is as bad as Cherry.

:puke:

Maguire is great. He just has trouble admitting when he's wrong. But he knows his stuff.

Maguire is great. He just has trouble admitting when he's wrong. But he knows his stuff.

I agree. He's not perfect, but his enthusiasm more than compensates for that fact.

I hope they give him a solid shot. Hes worked his butt of in Hamilton, and he deserves as much.

Latendresse can take his time getting 'well' - no rush, really :)

Sergei Kostitsyn is pretty up and down, although he always seems to come up with one good play or 1 nasty hit per game some how - just wish he was a bit more consistent.

So there should be some room for D'Agostini . Plus back to back games coming, so there could be some tired bodies out there by Saturday night, that hopefully Matt can jump in for.

14 Goals in 20 games including 5 on the PP - this really is time of year to infuse some of these kids into the lineup and see what they can do.

Kovalev, Latendresse questionnable for tonight.

An option there is to insert D'Agostini with Sergei and Lang, two passer a scorer.

I like this. Sergei and D'Ago know each others. Lang is a solid vet to complete the line.

D'Agostini has to be in the lineup if both Tanguay and Latendresse are injured, we can't put two marginal forth liners on the top 3 lines. My lineup would be as follows:

D'Agostini-Plek-Kovy

Higgins-Koivu-A.Kostsitsyn

S.Kostsitsyn-Lang-Kostopoulos

I've always wanted to see Koivu and A.Kostsitsyn together on a same line, and this game could be a could opportunity to try it. The third line was doing quite well earlier this season before Higgins came back, so we could reunite those three. As for D'Agostini, taking a young rookie under their wing could be exactly what Plekanec and Kovalev need to find their rhythm back.

I wouldn't be surprised if he does play tonight. Carbo and Gainey aren't the kind of guys who will call up their top scorer in the AHL without giving him some ice-time.

Logically, the first call up should be Chipchura.

I always get a kick out of D'Agostini when he plays with the big club. After all, it could be argued that he could easily pass for being Higgins fraternal (almost identical) twin brother or just even a regular brother. The similarity is only strong when he is wearing his helmet. He doesn't quite look so similar without the helmet:

simyt0.png

This is a good call up but i wonder why Chips didnt get called up first.

Because it's their offensive wingers that got hurt. if they lose a centerman, Chipchura has a chance to be called up.

hehe, I *like* Maguire. In fact, I wish he was our coach.

yeah his hockey credentials are awesome :lol:

it would be Melrose all over again.

if he ever comes back it'll as a gm or an assistant to his buddy Bowman.