Diago to the Ice!

MMPL

I said it wrong I guess.

But explain this to me, what the hell's the point of calling up a guy if he is sitting in the presser?

Confidence build, maybe. Letting him know he has played well, maybe. Pissing me off and some others off, sure.

Put in Dags.

:ghg:

Maybe i'm wrong here, but I think that sometimes teams call a player up when there might be a chance that one of the 18 players may not be able to play.

For tonite, the Habs were uncertain about Tangs, and if he was unable to play, they were unsure if Lats could play. Doesn't it make sense to have a player called up in case they both can't go instead of only having 17 healthy bodies.

Seems to me that many teams do this. Better to have an insurance player in Dags then find out only 16 or 17 players can go.

You would think that COMMON SENSE would prevail.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe i'm wrong here, but I think that sometimes teams call a player up when there might be a chance that one of the 18 players may not be able to play.

For tonite, the Habs were uncertain about Tangs, and if he was unable to play, they were unsure if Lats could play. Doesn't it make sense to have a player called up in case they both can't go instead of only having 17 healthy bodies.

Seems to me that many teams do this. Better to have an insurance player in Dags then find out only 16 or 17 players can go.

You would think that COMMON SENSE would prevail.

you are correctomundo but I really hope diago gets a chance.

I am so sick or you bashing Lats. In the couple games before his injury, he was one of the few guys who appeared to be playing hard. Yes, he sat out the win against Detroit. He also sat out the two losses before that. Where's the coincidence now? Yes, he has as many goals as Begin. He also has 7 more assists and is 2nd on the team in hits.

Seriously? Had D'Agostini played, he would have been taking Lats' spot. Lats is taking his own spot in the lineup.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

The only problem with lats is some of you delusional fans who think he is a first line player with Koivu.. he isnt'.

On the flip side, some people think he should be in the press box and is not good enough to be in the NHL.

The reality is that he is a decent 3rd line guy who can bring energy to the team when he puts in a good effort. Just like Kost, Laps, and Begin. Just leave him there to develop synergy with Lang and work on his defensive game.

Lats is not going to fix this team. What this team needs (barring some different players) is for the big guys (Markov, Kovalev, Hammer, Higgins, Tanguay, Pleks, and AK46) to start playing with passion and energy every shift. When that happens, then bounces will go their way, confidence will rise, and points will go on the board.

It starts with hard work on and off the ice. Carbo was absolutely right after the game. When your 4th liners are the best line, you are in big trouble. The top 6 on this team should take a good look in the mirror and realize they are the problem, not the goalies, not O'Byrne, Breeze, Carbo, or Lats. They collect the big checks.. start earning them. Plain and simple.

The only problem with lats is some of you delusional fans who think he is a first line player with Koivu.. he isnt'.

On the flip side, some people think he should be in the press box and is not good enough to be in the NHL.

The reality is that he is a decent 3rd line guy who can bring energy to the team when he puts in a good effort. Just like Kost, Laps, and Begin. Just leave him there to develop synergy with Lang and work on his defensive game.

Lats is not going to fix this team. What this team needs (barring some different players) is for the big guys (Markov, Kovalev, Hammer, Higgins, Tanguay, Pleks, and AK46) to start playing with passion and energy every shift. When that happens, then bounces will go their way, confidence will rise, and points will go on the board.

It starts with hard work on and off the ice. Carbo was absolutely right after the game. When your 4th liners are the best line, you are in big trouble. The top 6 on this team should take a good look in the mirror and realize they are the problem, not the goalies, not O'Byrne, Breeze, Carbo, or Lats. They collect the big checks.. start earning them. Plain and simple.

completely concur however Lats is a big boy who needs to play like a big guy, he needs to get to the net screen the goalie draw penalties and be the biggest pain in the ass to the defence he can be. He is not a stickhandler finesse type player (at least not that I have seen) so get in there and crash and bang a la Begin but with some size.

Diago in tonight vs Sabres!

Will play on a line with Higgins and Koivu :)

that is a good line for him to play on and find out what he's got. Is it a match made in heaven? I pray it is cause we got to get some goals dammit :angry:

that is a good line for him to play on and find out what he's got. Is it a match made in heaven? I pray it is cause we got to get some goals dammit :angry:

He can't hurt but I hope we (fans and, less likely, players) don't look at him as our possible saviour. It's still questionable whether he's NHL ready.

well cant do much worse.

at least he should skate after the puck instead of watching others chase it like Latendresse does.

thats why I respect Begin, Lapierre and Kotsopolous - you can see they are trying to get something started at least.

well cant do much worse.

at least he should skate after the puck instead of watching others chase it like Latendresse does.

thats why I respect Begin, Lapierre and Kotsopolous - you can see they are trying to get something started at least.

OMG, enough with ######ing Lats, he has done fine.

Pick on someone else.

For the love of God, watch a freaking game! Don't claim that you have watched games, because your comments make it infinitely clear that you haven't watched the team play. Otherwise you wouldn't be making such asinine comments that completely unfounded. No member has ever been suspended for their opinion, but honest to God you are making it difficult no to do that now. Over a quarter of your posts bash Latendresse! Over 25 percent!

completely concur however Lats is a big boy who needs to play like a big guy, he needs to get to the net screen the goalie draw penalties and be the biggest pain in the ass to the defence he can be. He is not a stickhandler finesse type player (at least not that I have seen) so get in there and crash and bang a la Begin but with some size.

I agree.. which is why he needs to play with Begin type players to learn from them. Everytime he goes to the first line, he starts acting like he is a play maker. :)

When he learns to pay the price in front of the net, then he can even contribute on the PP as the designated ducker. :)

If Diago is in the lineup, then i'm guessing that Tanguay is out.

Also, wonder who sits then. I'm hoping for O'byrne or Bouillon and Dandy back to D, but i really doubt this will happen. Dandy can't be any worse than those 2.

Go Habs Go.

If Diago is in the lineup, then i'm guessing that Tanguay is out.

Also, wonder who sits then. I'm hoping for O'byrne or Bouillon and Dandy back to D, but i really doubt this will happen. Dandy can't be any worse than those 2.

Go Habs Go.

Lines are in the game thread.

He can't hurt but I hope we (fans and, less likely, players) don't look at him as our possible saviour. It's still questionable whether he's NHL ready.

no he won't be a saviour but maybe a spark to light some fire under these guys.

For the love of God, watch a freaking game! Don't claim that you have watched games, because your comments make it infinitely clear that you haven't watched the team play. Otherwise you wouldn't be making such asinine comments that completely unfounded. No member has ever been suspended for their opinion, but honest to God you are making it difficult no to do that now. Over a quarter of your posts bash Latendresse! Over 25 percent!

Listen - I watched the game, and this is my opinion of him every time I see him.

A guy that just lounges around, waiting for something to happen that he can move in on, rather than Making Stuff happen.

He is frustrating player to watch for sure, you might not agree - but other posters clearly do.

Ok I will lay off, its just even more frustrating when there are guys like Matt don't get a shot because of him.

He is a big kid that should be doing a lot more - but some people here defend him like hes some sort of Untouchable - far from it IMO.

I hope he has a big game, scores some goals, fights someone, sacrifices his body, shows that he cares about his teammates.

Then I will shut up - nothing would please me more!

Edited by koivu

Listen - I watched the game, and this is my opinion of him every time I see him.

How could you miss his good play last night? He was one of the few guys who looked like he gave a damn. His shift in the 1st period that produced two good scoring chances was the best shift that anyone on the team had last night.