Diago to the Ice!

MMPL

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sergei even though he got caught on couple silly penalties - has a real nastiness to his game that seems to produce some result.

He was +2 last game regardless, and he really nailed a couple of guys to the ice.

Not sure you want to scratch that :)

Diago was ok, I am hoping his spacing is a little better next game - so Koivu can get him the puck better.

Sergei even though he got caught on couple silly penalties - has a real nastiness to his game that seems to produce some result.

He was +2 last game regardless, and he really nailed a couple of guys to the ice.

Not sure you want to scratch that :)

Diago was ok, I am hoping his spacing is a little better next game - so Koivu can get him the puck better.

I love Sergei and he needs to know some times those penalties will come back and burn you. He is a great player and he needs to play with an edge but with any player of his style he must learn where to draw the line.

Dago rack, points, skates and has better hockey smart than i was expecting.

Overall play clearly shows thta AHL and coach Lever is a very good school for getting a player

NHL ready.

Players that go directly from junior to NHL are more common now a lot of players have to learn in

the NHL and it's like skipping college and go from high school to university.

Price is a phenomenal player much like Toews, Getzlaf. But even some phenomenal player like Stamkos

should not have been brought up so soon in the NHL.

Andrei Kost has worked a long time in the AHL, he worked on various part of his game and his overall game

shows nce 2006-2007 has been +24(AHL) +15(NHL) and he is at +10 at this moment.

Sergei Kost however burning the league in points in the AHL last year, Lever made a rare comment that

the kid was not ready. He has been a booster for the club last year but the spark is off and his flaws are

showing.

Latendresse (yes we can talk about him) development has been altered by media, fan and management.

He did not only jump from junior to NHL but missed a whole year in junior too. And the pressure was hard

the year before on management after a good camp at age 18. Patrick Roy made a comment on that situation

at that time and montreal media rage against him and made a big story that Roy did not like Latendresse.

Roy knew that Latendresse was not ready, that a year in junior and AHL would build him for NHL.

Now after 3 years we are in the same situation, Latendresse is trying everything and something is missing.

Confidence and luck.

O'byrne would have benefit from one more year in the AHL to work on the power play. The shot is good and

it could have worked and give him a lot more confidence to rack some points.

And AHL did a lot of good to Markov,Komo, Lapierre, Bégin and almost everybody in the habs line up.

Max Pac in the AHL is a good thing, these guys have all to learn some things and levels can only be phenomenal

players.

while i like what the kid is doing and think he will be a good player down the road, he's still young, remember hossa came up and did well, lapierre did the same thing. early success doesnt mean lng term success. once he stop producing i can see a bunch of ppl jumping on him. I think he should stay up till that happens, and explain that he did what he was asked to do, but because of roster limits he has to go down, make it known he will be called up shortly and keep that fire going

lapierre did the same thing. early success doesnt mean lng term success.

Exactly, look at what happened to Lappierre. He had 6 goals in 6 games and was rewarded by being sent down. :wacko:

Now almost 100 games later Laps has only got 7 more goals.

D'Ags should stay up until his production drops. Habs cant keep rewarding their youngsters great NHL play by sending them down. Its a huge step backwards. With so many UFA this summer the Habs need to be taking steps forward. Habs will need high scoring youngsters next year to replace the high scoring UFA's who leave.

Exactly, look at what happened to Lappierre. He had 6 goals in 6 games and was rewarded by being sent down. :wacko:

Wow, I knew he had a good start but I never thought it was that good :blink:

K, might not have been 6 in 6, but he was avg 1G/game for a few games when they 1st brought him up. Then they sent him down and reuined his confidence.

He scored 3 goals in 4 games when called up for the second time in his career. After that, he was sent down for all of two weeks at Christmas time. You make it sound like he was some kind of scoring phenom whose confidence got shot and ruined his career. He was always going to be at best a 3rd line checker. He was never going to be a guy to use on a scoring line.

D'Ags should stay up until his production drops. Habs cant keep rewarding their youngsters great NHL play by sending them down. Its a huge step backwards. With so many UFA this summer the Habs need to be taking steps forward. Habs will need high scoring youngsters next year to replace the high scoring UFA's who leave.

I really don't understand this logic. How is playing veteran players, who've proven to be effective NHLers, a step backwards? By your logic, we should already be moving guys into positions they will be expecting to fill next year when some of the UFA's leave. This seems to be about as logical as opening a new milk carton a week before the old one, which still has plenty of milk in it, is going to expire.

We talked for weeks about the Habs' lack of heart, players not skating or finishing their checks, the team not showing up for 60 mins etc. D'Agostini seems to have brought a youthful enthusiasm which has resonated with the club. He's scored a few and created a lot more chances, five points in five games and a +4! Gotta love what he's doing ~ Go D'Ago!

We talked for weeks about the Habs' lack of heart, players not skating or finishing their checks, the team not showing up for 60 mins etc. D'Agostini seems to have brought a youthful enthusiasm which has resonated with the club. He's scored a few and created a lot more chances, five points in five games and a +4! Gotta love what he's doing ~ Go D'Ago!

I agree, and when Lats and OByrne and Komi come back, and if Kovy gets on a roll, the chemistry will be huge. Lats and OB will be playing with heart I guarentee you.

I agree, and when Lats and OByrne and Komi come back, and if Kovy gets on a roll, the chemistry will be huge. Lats and OB will be playing with heart I guarentee you.

They always did, their problems have nothing to do with a lack of heart of will. O'Byrne mostly needs to regain confidence, and stop over-thinking his every move while Latendresse needs to remember that he's a big, skilled offensive-minded winger, and not a marginal forth-liner who should be satisfied with only finishing his checks, and not hurt the team while he's on the ice. Latendresse needs to become the player who earned himself a NHL contract, a player who did very good things on the ice... and not simply someone who does very little wrong (that's only good for limited players who specialize on one or two skills... like fighting, being capable of playing both defense and offense, or being willing to dive in front of pucks).