Habs vs. Thrashers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great first period up to now by everyone on the Habs!

Even Kovy seems to have some legs tonight!

The goal D'agostini scored is exactly the type of goal Latendresse has to score! He parked his butt in front of the net and got a rebound!

Wow great period!!!

BGL should get more icetime he's playing great. Maybe he's hurt though.

On that sportsnet blog he said he has never been 100%. So now that he is, maybe he will become a factor.

Good first period, altough it helps than our opponent suck balls.

I feel we should have scored more that period... hopefully that doesn't come back to bite us in the ass... Good effort so far!

Someone send out an APB for the refs...

GO HABS GO!!!!!

Go Habs Go

Can somebody pm me the stream address, por favor

What's the verdict on the goalie interference call? I'm just listening to the radio, so I didn't get to see it, but the guys on CJAD are rather skeptical about it.

Laps got caught up on the goalies pads. By the time the goalie got up, Tanguay had scored.

To me it was no goal.

And that is what weve wanted from the PP all season! the point shoots and the guys screening in front of the net create rebounds and cash them for once. great PP all round, and something they should look at anytime they start suckng again

Too Bad for Tanguay, that goal should have counted. True that Lapierre had his skates tangled up with Hedberg, but Lapierre wasn't in the goalie crease, and by the time Tanguay socred, Lapierre wasn't even touching the goalie!

Great period by the boys. nice to see them score on the PP! Good shots from the point by Lang!

Laps got caught up on the goalies pads. By the time the goalie got up, Tanguay had scored.

To me it was no goal.

I didnt see any of the replays but it kinda looked like their goalie was holding Laps with his legs.

[edit]Just saw the replays and for sure their goalie exaggerated it and scissor locked Laps with his legs and held him till the refs saw Laps in the crease.[/edit]

Edited by Sir_Boagalott

Too Bad for Tanguay, that goal should have counted. True that Lapierre had his skates tangled up with Hedberg, but Lapierre wasn't in the goalie crease, and by the time Tanguay socred, Lapierre wasn't even touching the goalie!

Yeah, he was right on the edge of the crease. The fact that he wasn't touching the goalie at the time of the goal was meaningless, because the reason Hedberg wasn't able to make the save was because he wasn't able to get up before the shot was taken.

Much better game so far. Still a few rough edges, but they are getting better. Good to see Dags get his first too!

I agree with McGuire on Kovalev, I don't think he is lacking in effort most nights, he just can't buy one. He plays the kind of game where if he loses confidence his game drops rapidly. Some players can fight through with the grunt plays, chip one in, etc, but Kovalev needs to rely on skill to be effective. I suspect if he can break out with a few nice goals, he will be fine.

I didnt see any of the replays but it kinda looked like their goalie was holding Laps with his legs.

[edit]Just saw the replays and for sure their goalie exaggerated it and scissor locked Laps with his legs and held him till the refs saw Laps in the crease.[/edit]

Well yeah, goalies will always sell it!

The one thing TSN didn't show is how Laps ended up in the crease. :huh: