Habs vs. Thrashers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You must not have seen the replay. It should have been a penalty against their goalie.. he clamped onto Begin with both legs .. that is not goalie interference and the entire panel agreed. They got jobbed...

As for the play on the ice standing, I am pretty sure that when it is a question of the puck crossing the line, the call on the ice does not matter. The league office ruling is that they have definitive proof that it crossed the line. Unless they have another angle that we didn't saw, that is BS...

Clearly anybody who didnt see Hedberg holding Laps didnt see the replay I saw.

You can see Laps make 2 distinct pulling up motions to free 1 leg than the other from Hedbergs leg lock.

Exactly, in the Det game you couldnt see the puck either but that goal was disallowed so wtf is the rule then? Seems to have gone both ways against Habs twice now.

c'mon Brisebois that was an anemic clearing play . .. ..

You can see Laps make 2 distinct pulling up motions to free 1 leg than the other from Hedbergs leg lock. <br /><br />Exactly, in the Det game you couldnt see the puck either but that goal was disallowed so wtf is the rule then? Seems to have gone both ways against Habs twice now.

True but we a coupla calls went our way before that so we're even hehe.

Get more guys!

Lang misses the open net ugh then Kovy banks it in. I like we went for the empty netter, better than laying back to protect the one-goal lead IMO

wow... thank god they got that empty net goal.. I wonder if they can clamp down for 19 seconds and get a win...

I am going to look on the positive side.. it was a character win... the broke out of the scoring slump with 5 (really 6) goals... and Avery is not on our team.. all positives...

Edited by brobin

What a crazy Game!

Andrei Kostitsyn deserves the first star. Hainsey the second star and Even though he gave up 4 goals, Hedberg deserves teh 3rd star!

A few things from the game:

1)Really liking the A.Kost-Koivu-Diago line

2) Liked the play of our 4th line tonight...lots of hits and chances created down low...

3) Looks like Carbo's been watching some NJD's tapes lately....5 man trap!

4) Ilya Kovalchuk was an absolute force today....It will make things interesting come UFA time this upcoming summer

5) Kovalev seemed to have Jump today...probably the best game ive seen him play since the NYI game in Long Island

6) Latendresse, Obyrne and Sergei can stay in the Press Box (While Komi can stay on the bench..until his injury is gone :clap: :clap: )

Some of my thoughts on the game.

Turned an easy win into a nailbitter in the 3rd. Gotta say some bad coaching only having 3 guys on the ice when Atlanta scored their 1st goal.

Nice game by Diago on the Koivu line.

A.Kostitsyn had some great jump tonite and was rewarded.

Higgins seemed to work hard, but that's about where it ends, as he has trouble controlling the puck and just does not have the skillset and shot to become a premium 1st line scorer in this league. A.Kostits has that kind of potential. Higgins should be a 3rd-line left winger and should not be on the PP when there is AKostits and Tangs in the lineup.

Dandy had a solid games on the backend. Nothing flashy but good.

Hopefully Pleks goal gets him going and Kovy looked pretty good tonite.

Some of the board seems pretty down on Sergie, but im hopin he's back in the lineup soon.

Kovalchuk was amazing. Almost game changing, his presence alone created chances and without him (one guy!) the Thrashers would be screwed.

I'd love a guy like him on our team.

Dandy had a solid games on the backend. Nothing flashy but good.

You know, if you wouldn't of mentioned Dandy I probably wouldn't of known he played. He was invisible, and that is exactly what you want with a defenceman like him. He never did anything wrong.

:clap:

Does anyone else miss SK ?

He plays such a nice nasty game :)

He goofs up a bit, but he always seems to make stuff happen as well.

I hope he gets back in lineup, I think they miss his edge.

Maybe for Laraque - I mean there is slowwwww and then is Laraque !

Another game of non-fighting, great we get him when he decides to

become Mahatma Ghandi.

Hes more busy blogging about the code of fighters, I really wander about him.

plus Dandy joined the rush nicely a couple times.

+2 he was the best D out there in limited minutes (13)

hopefully they just leave him on D for a while, hes looked more effective there than as a 4th liner.

in his post game comment, Carbonneua said a guy forgot to jump on the ice on Atlanta's 1st goal and he was benched for the rest of the game....was that guy Higgins ?? I don't remember seeing much of him in the 3rd.