Habs fans, mobilize!

ForumGhost

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the votes Fleury, Gonchar and Whitney are getting, I'd say Pens fans figured out how to vote for all their player with a single text message.

Text "Canadiens" to 81812 to vote for all 6 Habs. This method is obviously best for fans with unlimited texting, so it doesn't cost them to vote every time.

Yeah, looks like a lot of Crosby's votes are artificial. He's now #2.

Not necessarily, I'm sure a lot Pens fans started voting massively in order to make sure that Crosby is a starter at the All-Star game, in addition to the fact that the majority of non-Habs fans probably vote for Crosby, and also the there are probably people who also started voting massively for the "number 2s" just to make that the Canadiens can't ice a full starting lineup.

After all with the exception of Markov, none of them deserve to be starters... actually Price is probably the only one who also deserve to be there... so I'm sure that pisses off some people...

Not necessarily, I'm sure a lot Pens fans started voting massively in order to make sure that Crosby is a starter at the All-Star game, in addition to the fact that the majority of non-Habs fans probably vote for Crosby, and also the there are probably people who also started voting massively for the "number 2s" just to make that the Canadiens can't ice a full starting lineup.

After all with the exception of Markov, none of them deserve to be starters... actually Price is probably the only one who also deserve to be there... so I'm sure that pisses off some people...

100,000 votes in 13 hours (which includes a big period of time in which people would've been asleep) is excessive no matter which way you slice it. Chara went from 3rd to 5th, behind Gonchar and Whitney who haven't played a game this year. Malkin also looks like he'll catch the Habs by tomorrow at this pace, while Fleury is gaining ground as well. This is a Pens fan initiative exclusively.

THE NHL is fixing the Habs monopoly ...they are inflating Crosby votes at a rate that would require 3 thousand votes an hour (in the last 24 hours) just an hour ago Crosby was second behind Kovalev 2 thousand votes and now he passes him by almost 2 thousand votes... Im sure Malkin is next...

to be fair, the habs monopoly was created by ballot stuffing...

I think largely due to the fact the we actually have 6 players on the ballot. When did that last happen? I don't think when we hosted it last. I have the shirt somewhere, lol. Means all habs fans can easily vote for the same six players, and we have a army of fans. Now if there were 6 Leafs on it, you can bet their fans would do the same. Not that they could ever ice six all-stars!

100,000 votes in 13 hours (which includes a big period of time in which people would've been asleep) is excessive no matter which way you slice it. Chara went from 3rd to 5th, behind Gonchar and Whitney who haven't played a game this year. Malkin also looks like he'll catch the Habs by tomorrow at this pace, while Fleury is gaining ground as well. This is a Pens fan initiative exclusively.

it can only be done through text messaging then.... the encrypted code words would prevent an website way of repetitive voting... unless ofcourse I think its the NHL who's doing so!

They have a script doing the voting. This was taken from a poster on habsinsideout.com

http://msgboard.pittsburghpenguins.com/ind...showtopic=25589

Here is what one of the posts in the link says:

"1. Get Firefox

2. Install Greasemonkey: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748

3. Install this script: http://www.gotdooced.com/nhl.user.js

4. Go to http://ca.fanballoting.nhl.com/vote - Make sure you have an account an everything.

5. Do whatever(Sleep, go to work...)

6. ???

7. Profit!

that is the original post on the canadiens message board when you do all that open the grease monkey and click on the file on the left side of the screen and click edit

it will ask you what you want to open it with i used notebook

copy and paste this

// ==UserScript==

// @name NHL All-stars Voter

// @namespace nhl

//@description This script votes for all Pens players players.

// @include http://ca.fanballoting.nhl.com/vote

// ==/UserScript==

/*

var players = Array('8471675','8471215','8471480','8458951','8470309','8470594');

for (var i = 7; i < 13; i++)

{

var id = "player_"+str(i);

alert(id);

document.getElementById(id).value = players[i-7];

}

*/

function GetXmlHttpObject()

{

var xmlHttp=null;

try

{

// Firefox, Opera 8.0+, Safari

xmlHttp=new XMLHttpRequest();

}

catch (e)

{

// Internet Explorer

try

{

xmlHttp=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP");

}

catch (e)

{

xmlHttp=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");

}

}

return xmlHttp;

}

function vote2(p)

{

xmlHttp=GetXmlHttpObject();

if (xmlHttp==null)

{

alert ("Your browser does not support AJAX!");

return;

}

xmlHttp.onreadystatechange=function()

{

if(xmlHttp.readyState==4)

{

location.reload(true);

}

}

xmlHttp.open("POST","vote",true);

xmlHttp.setRequestHeader("Content-type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded")

xmlHttp.send(p);

}

try{

var post = "player_1=&player_2=&player_3=&player_4=&player_5=&player_6=&player_7=8471675&player_8=8471215&player_9=84714808&player_10=8458951&player_11=8470594&player_12=8471679";

var build = document.getElementsByName('form_build_id')[0].value;

var token = document.getElementsByName('form_token')[0].value;

var form = document.getElementsByName('form_id')[0].value;

var x = Math.round(Math.random()*270);

var y = Math.round(Math.random()*34);

var rest = "&vote_button.x="+x+"&vote_button.y="+y;

rest += "&form_build_id="+build;

rest += "&form_token="+token;

rest += "&form_id="+form;

post += rest;

vote2(post);

}

catch(e)

{

location.reload(true);

}

NOTE: I ONLY HAVE THIS SET TO VOTE ON THE CANADIEN WEBSITE BUT YOU CAN SET IT TO JUST THE REGULAR WEBSITE BY CLICK ON THE WEBSITE LIST AND ADDING IT TO THE INCLUDE LIST.

NOTE: TO EDIT WHICH PLAYERS YOU WANT TO SELECT YOU WILL SEE UP ABOVE A STRING

"var players = Array('8471675','8471215','8471480','8458951','8470309','8470594');"

EACH ONE OF THESE STRINGS OF 7 NUMBERS IN THE ' ' REPRESENT THE PLAYER ID NUMBER WHICH YOU CAN GET FROM THE PLAYER'S WEBSITE ON NHL.COM

IT GOES IN THE ORDER OF FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD, DEFENSE, DEFENSE, GOALIE SO PUT THEM IN THAT ORDER

NEXT! ONE MORE STEP

ON THIS LINE

= "player_1=&player_2=&player_3=&player_4=&player_5=&player_6=&player_7=8471675&player_8=8471215&player_9=84714808&player_10=8458951&player_11=8470594&player_12=8471679";

YOU ALSO HAVE TO CHANGE THE PLAYER ID NUMBERS. THEN FOLLOW THE REST OF THE STEPS THE IDIOT HAD ON THE CANADIENS WEBSITE AND PENGUINS FTW!

like i said i have malkin, crosby, pesonen, gonchar, whitney, and maf

you can leave it at that or you can be fair about it the way it should be. also you can run this on multiple tabs so once you bring log into the site it will start running nothing else is needed.

make sure to put them after players 7-12 1-6 are for western conference players and this is not configured to do western conference however if you are feeling up to it you can edit the code to vote for a red wings vs. pens starting line up"

I hope some real all stars from the East make the first line. It kind of embarrassed me to see all the Habs beating out Chara, Ovechkin, Semin, Crosby, Malkin...

Sorry

Worst thing though is that they are not even counting Habs votes. I was voting legitimately for an hour (from 10:15 to 11:15 PM pacific) entering the labs lineup, entering the Captcha words every time. The only number I had previously noted was Tanguay and his count did not go up at all in the hour.

The whole voting process needs to change. There is no reason Koivu, KOvalev and Tanguay should be ahead of any of Malkin, Crosby, Semin or Ovechkin. If I was Koivu, Kovalev, Tanguay, Komisarek or even Price and the only reason I was voted to the Allstar game was because of stuffing I would respectively decline to go and be mightly embarrased. Its just not right.

Hopefully the process changes for next year and most likely the winds of change are already in motion