Trade Suggestion

habscout

I believe a smaller trade, involving Gui Latendresse (21) for Marc-Andre Bergeron (28) is a possibility. The Wild have some depth on defence, and could use some more depth at forward. The Wild would gain a little cap space; Latendresse makes $825K while Bergeron earns $1254K. Minnesota would be able to retain Latendresse's rights longer, since he will be a RFA in the summer.

Bergeron could give the Habs a good shooter from the point on the power play, something they've been missing this season. Since he's expecting to be a UFA in the summer, the Wild may be more willing to give him up if he hasn't indicated he's willing to stay in Minnesota.

Our youngest forward for a guy who has barely done anything, in one of his last NHL chances, at age 28? We can get Bergeron for a lot less than Gui. It's not inconcievable that Bergeron could be waived at some point this year.

Bergeron is like Andy Delmore... a one trick pony that usually isn't worth giving a regular NHL spot for.

I've never liked MA Bergeron and i'm not ready to give up on Latendresse yet.

ME neither. I said it last year, and I'll say it again, It takes longer for power forwards to develop in the NHL. Gui is only 21 years old. Wait til he's 24, and you'll see that it will have been worth the wait! :clap:

If guillaume is traded, it'll be in a major deal that lands us a prime time player à la Bouwmeester or Kovalchuck.

Higgins would be my trade bait right now.

Higgins would be my trade bait right now.

Even though Christophe4r is going through a rough patch at the moment...i wouldn't trade him. He's Komisarek's best friend, and if Higgins isn't there, i'm not sure Komisarek will be back. If the Habs let Komisarek go, i'll be extremely disappointed! He's our only big d-man. (O'Byrne isn't as tough as Komi!)

Even though Christophe4r is going through a rough patch at the moment...i wouldn't trade him. He's Komisarek's best friend, and if Higgins isn't there, i'm not sure Komisarek will be back. If the Habs let Komisarek go, i'll be extremely disappointed! He's our only big d-man. (O'Byrne isn't as tough as Komi!)

Remember, trade Higgins for better.

you don't keep a player just because he's buddies with some other guy. what if the price for kovalchuk was higgins and other player/picks/prospects, you tell me you wouldn't do it ?? so you cant send sergei in Hamilton because it would upset Andrei ??

Did Koivu get over Rivet's trade ?? Komisarek would stay because the money's good, because the team is good. besides, higgins isn't Komisarek's only friends on the team

Gorges and Price are BFF.

:P

Did you play pin the tail on the donkey with your computer and post this in the thread you pricked?

I wouldn't want to give up on Lats. I think he'll continue to develop and become a stronger offensive force, like it's been said power forwards often are late bloomers and the guy is only 21. He should really be getting top minutes in Hamilton, but oh well.

I wouldn't want to give up on Lats. I think he'll continue to develop and become a stronger offensive force, like it's been said power forwards often are late bloomers and the guy is only 21. He should really be getting top minutes in Hamilton, but oh well.

Hate for the Habs to give up on Lats when he's only 21, unless he's part of a trade for a top-notch sniper like a Kovalchuk.

There really is no logic in the trade. Latendresse is at the beginning of the learning curve; besides we have a lot of guys in the system (Emelin, Weber, Belle, Subban, McDonagh), so why settle for a short term solution when we're doing just fine. If this trade were to occur, it would almost be as bad as Ribeiro for Janne Ninnemma.

Dont we have, like, 10 prospect defensemen in the system that are better, cheaper, younger than Bergeron? Weber, Subban, Carle, McDonagh, Fisher, Emelin, Torp... Why do you trade something you lack (young talented winger who can hit) for something you have in over-abundance?

Dont we have, like, 10 prospect defensemen in the system that are better, cheaper, younger than Bergeron? Weber, Subban, Carle, McDonagh, Fisher, Emelin, Torp... Why do you trade something you lack (young talented winger who can hit) for something you have in over-abundance?

Latendresse can hit? ^_^

I believe a smaller trade, involving Gui Latendresse (21) for Marc-Andre Bergeron (28) is a possibility. The Wild have some depth on defence, and could use some more depth at forward. The Wild would gain a little cap space; Latendresse makes $825K while Bergeron earns $1254K. Minnesota would be able to retain Latendresse's rights longer, since he will be a RFA in the summer.

Bergeron could give the Habs a good shooter from the point on the power play, something they've been missing this season. Since he's expecting to be a UFA in the summer, the Wild may be more willing to give him up if he hasn't indicated he's willing to stay in Minnesota.

Hmmm, this sounds good for montreal, they get an older, more expensive player who is about to be UFA for a 21 yr potential power forward who is slowly growing into his potential. Who are you really? Reggie Houle?

Edited by PMAC

Living in la-la Nippon, I didn't get to watch a lot of games until this year. But answer me this guys ~ did Guidon hit more during the 2006 preseason or during the 2008 season?

Sorry but when I watch Latendresse I don't see a physical guy out there, I'm not trying to pick a fight ~ what do you think, does he play like 6'2" 230lbs?

Anyway IMO it would be a big mistake to trade him for Bergeron.