Fanpuck33

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Injury Predictions: Higgy D2D, Dandy maybe broken arm :(

Called it :(

Too bad. I broke my arm on an almost identical hit 2 years ago. Arm hit the edge of the boards by the glass and needed surgery to put 2 pins in it. Took 8 advils in half hour :lol:

O'Byrne will have his spot, maybe a call a guy up?

It's funny how things can change in one season. It now looks like we have two solid lines, and they look nothing like they did last year. I don't know which one to call the first line. Although I would wager that it is the Koivu line. Just because of less costly giveaways.

I love the way Dago plays. Even without the goals, he drives the net, protects the puck very well, and never gives up on the plays in the dirty spots. It's funny because my impression of him in the last two training camps was more of a high speed razzle dazzle player, but he plays a very strong on the puck north south style game. I wouldn't call him a power forward, but he's close.

Our D scares me in the middle of the ice. if they can keep the play on the boards, they are fantastic, but in the middle of the ice, they are bloody scary. Keep the play near the boards you guys, quit giving me heart attacks.

Regarding Markov's hit, I believe there was some unintentional knee on knee contact, and Marky pulled his knee away to avoid injury, and that's why his leg went up.

Edited by BCHabnut

The Markov hit looked like a knee on knee to me.

Great game to watch! Though I do wish Habs fans would lay off the "Olé Olé Olé" and "Na Na Na Na, Goodbye" chants in the 2nd period. Jesus christ, the Habs go up 1 goal and suddenly the game is over and won. At least wait till the last 5 minutes for the Olé chant, and just forget the Na Na Na Na completely.

I agree about the Ole.

But I love the nah nah nah nah chant!

Imagine if the Leafs fans sang that to our habs, how devistating would that be? I love it even more when the Habby faithful sings it on the road :)

Great game to watch! Though I do wish Habs fans would lay off the "Olé Olé Olé" and "Na Na Na Na, Goodbye" chants in the 2nd period. Jesus christ, the Habs go up 1 goal and suddenly the game is over and won. At least wait till the last 5 minutes for the Olé chant, and just forget the Na Na Na Na completely.

I remember the day when Habs fans used to chant Na Na Na in the mid-third and you never had to worry at all. You could just pack up and go home because they were money.

I remember the day when Habs fans used to chant Na Na Na in the mid-third and you never had to worry at all. You could just pack up and go home because they were money.

yeah, but was it really worth having to walk both ways uphill?

As far as I know, the 'Olé Olé' is more of a rally song to be used anytime as required to get or keep the team going. Definitely the Goodbye song means game over, and shouldn't be used until late in the third unless it's a real blowout.

Good to see the Habs have recently figured out the defensive system they're going to play, and it's working well. I didn't think it would be the classic trap style, but whatever works. It made for a pleasantly boring 3rd period - which I prefer when we have the lead.

He's been taking some heat from some on this board, so I would like to give kudos to Carbonneau and his staff for vastly improving the defensive play.

That was a solid 45 minute effort. I thought the flames dominated them for the first 15 minutes then the habs started rolling. Thank goodness Halak was on his game early.

How about Lang? That guy was kind of a steal at this point. Other then Koivu, Markov and maybe Tanguay, he has been tthe most consistant guy out there.

They actually had 2 lines last night that looked dangerous. The PP looked better but it's all about results. The Pk was good as well.

I thought the Markov hit was his foot that got him and it looked like a knee initially. I'm sure someone will get him back in Calgary.

While the D zone is improving a bit, i still wouldn't call it great. How many "No look passes" do they try in there own end? I think they teach you not to do that at age 8. Passing needs to improve, they are still aturnover machine. and when you get a chance to clear it, clear it.

I think the goaltending is still making some issues in there own end but they are playing much better, work ethic is better, dumb penalties are down. The offensive zone actually looks like they are doing something. (D'agi Koivu and Akosty) have looked great since put together.

Any news on Higgins or Dandy?

Any news on Higgins or Dandy?

Dandy has a broken arm, usually a 6-8 week recovery. Higgins has a MRI scheduled today, so how long he's out for is undetermined at this point. Dandy's injury buys us some time with D'Agostini, but forces us to make a decision on O'Byrne's immediate future quickly.

Mont-Royale expained it well. THe Olé Olé Olé song is a rally song that can be used at anytime during a game to get out boys going! As far as the na na na na na song, it is only used towards the end of the game when the habs are on the verge of winning!

Live, the Markov hit looked dirty. The replay made it appear to be a clean hip check, with the leg only swinging like that because of the contact. I'm undecided.

Looked like the exact same hit Phaneuf would be giving to Markov had he been the one skating over the blue line and he's never been given any punishment by the league. The dirtiest part of the play was how Markov got jumped from behind afterwards.

Looked like the exact same hit Phaneuf would be giving to Markov had he been the one skating over the blue line and he's never been given any punishment by the league. The dirtiest part of the play was how Markov got jumped from behind afterwards.

:clap:

Dandy has a broken arm, usually a 6-8 week recovery. Higgins has a MRI scheduled today, so how long he's out for is undetermined at this point. Dandy's injury buys us some time with D'Agostini, but forces us to make a decision on O'Byrne's immediate future quickly.

Dandy has surgury to repair broken arm.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=259159&amp...=topRelated_nhl

Edited by Habitforming