Habs vs. Lightning | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

3cf6996f.gifvs. 2dd7046f.gif
16-6-5 for 37 points....................6-14-8 for 20 points
(4th East)...............................(15th East)

Forecaster.ca's Tale of the Tape
TSN's Ice Chips

Montreal Player Stats
Tampa Bay Player Stats

Projected Lineup

(46)A.Kostitsyn - (11)Koivu - (36)D'Agostini
(13) Tanguay - (20)Lang - (27)Kovalev
(84)Latendresse - (14)Plekanec - (74)S.Kostitsyn
(22)Begin - (40) Lapierre - (6)Kostopoulos

(79)Markov - (26)Gorges
(44)Hamrlik - (3)O'Byrne
(51)Bouillon - (71)Brisebois

24778.jpg vs. 2918.jpg
Jaroslav Halak................Olaf Kolzig

TV: RDS, CBC
Radio: CJAD, CKAC

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bolts *should* be playing with some desperation at this point... I hope our guys don't take them too lightly...

GO HABS GO!!!!!

score the 1st one and it's over.

Can Halak post a second straight awesome game ??

OH By the way. Tampa had plane problems...they left Buffalo at 11h00 am !!!

If montreal loses that one I'll be ever so pissed !!

If montreal loses that one I'll be ever so pissed !!

This seems to be the major problem with our boys this season...they have no problems getting ready when they play the better teams(Detroit, Phily, N-J) but when it comes to the not-so-good teams...they have a tendancy of taking them a little to lightly!

Score first, and score often. With Kolzig in nets, that shouldn't be too hard!

Bolts are going for their 10th straight loss and although they are fundamentally flawed, they do have some players that on any given night can light up a goalie.

This is a classic trap game.

GO HALAK GO. GO SERGEI GO. GO LATS GO. GO O'BYRNE GO. GO HABS GO.

get well Mathieu and Chris.

I really hope the top two lines can continue where they left off. I was very impressed with them. I think Lats should be on the third line. Carbo loves Kostopolous, and so do I, but he gets key minutes with great players and gets no points. I guess he has to earn it. I hope Sergei wakes up too. I really believe that his brother's injury shook him up. He hasn't been the same since the Saur hit.

Hopefully O'byrne has a good game, otherwise the fans will eat him alive. That is one thing I hate about Habs fans is when they single out one player on the ice and vent their frustration on him. OB is no worse than Breezy, and they make about the same money. Also, whats up with booing Rivet and Streit and character ex players that didn't even want to leave?

Edited by BCHabnut

get well Mathieu and Chris.

with a broken arm we dont have to worry the Mathieu breaks 3 fingers with his snowblower :lol:!!!

I'm heading up to this game. I'll be the first one to cheer O'Byrne if he plays well. If he plays one of his O'Burned type games however...

Hopefully the offense steps it up so our thin 'D' isn't an issue.

I'm heading up to this game. I'll be the first one to cheer O'Byrne if he plays well. If he plays one of his O'Burned type games however...

Hopefully the offense steps it up so our thin 'D' isn't an issue.

might help if he got some cheer before he started to play. The kid needs some confidence.

might help if he got some cheer before he started to play. The kid needs some confidence.

What happened to Ryan Walter, isn't he supposed to be our motivational/"leadership" coach? He should sit in the stands with a megaphone and cheer up O'byrne every time he makes a mistake. It's worth a shot, no?

With the habs playing the trap it makes it easier for defense to do their job.

O'byrne should be just fine.

Any news on Higgins term of injury?,damn it just happen when it was smelling trade.

Now he is an injury prone, knee, elbow, groin, shoulder and between the ears, nice.

One thing is sure is that they won't bring him behind the bench like they did withy Komi for the

guys to see Chris depression face when they're back from the ice.

This is one of those games that the Habs normally don't show up for. I am hoping the good work they have done the last few weeks continues.

I still don't think O'Byrne has been that bad, he just makes 1 mistake a game, unfortunately for him it always ends up in his net. He'll be fine.

Minus the big shot he looks like Souray out there getting undressed.

Not really.

Wooooosh......... ya missed it (see my post above) I was trying to point out the mistake in the 1st post (which has since been corrected) .......................... :wacko:

Edited by kenadian

What happened to Ryan Walter, isn't he supposed to be our motivational/"leadership" coach? He should sit in the stands with a megaphone and cheer up O'byrne every time he makes a mistake. It's worth a shot, no?

:lol:

I can see it now: everyone at the Bell Centre is booing him, and the megaphone voice is saying "you're doing great, Ryan. Keep up the good work! Yay, Ryan!"

Ryan Walter= Latendresse.

A big foward that was supposed to be our new power foward when we traded Langway for him. didn't actually panned out !!

I dont know if he's still actually part of the game!

A big foward that was supposed to be our new power foward when we traded Langway for him. didn't actually panned out !!

Even back in the 80's, I don't think we could consider Ryan Walter as a "big Forward"!?!?!