Habs vs. Flyers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

3cf6996f.gifvs. be74025e.gif
16-9-5 for 37 points....................17-7-6 for 40 points
(t-5th East)...............................(4th East)

Forecaster.ca's Tale of the Tape
TSN's Ice Chips

Montreal Player Stats
Philadelphia Player Stats

Projected Lineup

(46)A.Kostitsyn - (14)Plekanec - (27)Kovalev
(13) Tanguay - (20)Lang - (36)D'Agostini
(84)Latendresse - (40) Lapierre - (74)S.Kostitsyn
(6)Kostopoulos - (22)Begin - (17)Laraque

(79)Markov - (8)Komisarek
(44)Hamrlik - (26)Gorges
(51)Bouillon - (71)Brisebois

24778.jpg vs. 6886.jpg
Jaroslav Halak................Antero Niittymaki

TV: RDS, CBC
Radio: CJAD, CKAC

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys, this one will be a blow out, 5-2 Flyers. The habs can't score more then 2, the Flyers score plenty of goals. #1 PP against a team that at times takes alot of penalties. Not a good combination for a victory.

I'm hoping i'll get to see Laraque win a fight.

Poor O'Byrne. He had his shot and he screwed up and, well, in Montreal that brings you no love. Bad break hope he comes back better. Anyway Komi don't fight please (hear that BGL?). I'd put Gorges on the first pairing and Komi with Hammer but what do I know...

Get the first goat boys . . . and the second and third would be nice.

I call D'Ago and Kovy for the first two.

Go Habs Go!

Nothing to worry about, Carbonneay talked to the players for 7 minutes, and asked them to work harder. That's ground-breaking, dynamite stuff! We see why he was nominated for the Jack Adams, we can't lose this one :P

He also told them to talk more on the ice. Hopefully Komisarek's exuberance for coming back on the ice spills over to the rest of the team. I can't imagine the young guys are doing much communicating out there, either.

TSN reporting O'Byrne will not play, so that pretty much confirms Komisarek's return to the lineup.

To the press box maybe. To Hamilton, perhaps. To hell, for all I care....I'm just glad Komi is back and I don't have to watch O'Byrne's bumbling any more! :clap:

He also told them to talk more on the ice. Hopefully Komisarek's exuberance for coming back on the ice spills over to the rest of the team. I can't imagine the young guys are doing much communicating out there, either.

Anyone read the full quotes of the players? They feel they're unprepared. LOL

Okay, chiming in since I was pretty good last game.

In a dramatic turn of events, Montreal hammers Philly 7-2. Power play goes 4/6. Kovalev, with his first 4-goal game in ages, is first star and his six points propels him up the scoring leaderboard. Komi comes in and in the first period levels Upshall and puts him out 6-8 weeks with a major shoulder injury. The other star of the game, Andrei Kostypants, fires home once, but assists on 5 others and he too barrels a few Flyers into the boards.

Having mercy on the Canadiens, the refs only call 10 PP's against Les Habitants rather than 11 as in last game. The Flyers only score once. O'Byrne is seen in the upper levels of the stadium eating a hot dog.

Three Flyers turn down Laraque's invitations to the dance. Carbo, in his post-game conference, when asked about everyone refusing Laraque, smiles knowingly then replies, "Next question."

Foreshadowing the future, Koivu, who is resting his injury, comments to media in Montreal that he feels rested. Coincidentally, after the holidays when he hits the ice again, he doesn't have his usual slump, and instead turns up the heat right through the Stanley Cup finals where he's named Conn Smythe winner and parades the Cup up and down Ste. Catherines. He signs a contract that keeps him in Montreal until he retires. He will point to this game as the one which seemed to tip the balance of the season and turn the Habs around.

Does that balance out the tongue-in-cheek negativism of last game? :P

Nice to see Lapierre playing with some talented guys. I was hoping Lats could play with Lang and Kovy once...I really wanted to see that combo. I still like the line combos. Lats and Laps should look good. Love to see SK pick up a point tonight.

I can see that second line getting burned. Tanguay will have to play smart and backcheck hard.

Go Habs Go

Edited by BCHabnut

PLAY BETTER! :rolleyes:

Keep the sticks down, and don't grab anyone with your free hand, and we might pull this one out. ^_^

Well, they had a boat load of tripping calls, too! Maybe they should play soccer style, they'd score about the same amount. Haha!

Glad Komisarek is back in the fold this evening. BGL, too.

Edited by huzer

If you can, keep the reports coming in the Game Thread, those of you who are watching. I might tune in on a live stream but I can't watch it on TV.