Habs vs. Sabres | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The "Enigma" strapped the team on his back and dragged them all the way to victory.

(With a little help from his plumbers..)

The plumbers have been fantastic for the last couple of games...especially Laraque, who looks like a completely different player.

Big Win by the Habs,

Kovalev needed that goal after taking two penalty's in the Buffalo zone that ended in two Buffalo Powerplay goals. Those calls werent the best but still a huge goal for him,

Halak played a good game. I also liked Boullion's game tonight. He wasnt noticed but he played strong out there.

If he's gonna play like this every game, they should let him keep it.

Seriously, yes. And Komisarek & Begin with "A"

At least now we know we can win without Higgins & Koivu.

Now if only Plex could shake off his bad mojo.

Seriously though, did any habs have a bad game? I didnt really think so. Sure there was some questionable penalties but Kovalev was holding the guy in the corner on that 1 he got late in the game. It was hard to see it but in the 1 angle you could see he was holding the guys stick when they were up against the boards.

Lats made a poor decision which IMO helped lead to Buff 1st goal but other than the he was playing better like he has been recently just not quite as good as he played in the last 2 games. Hopefully he keeps up the tempo like he has been and us Latenderness criticizers will have less to complain about. ;)

Edited by Sir_Boagalott

I thought the first Kovy offensive holding call was legit (he lost position) but the second was just him giving a push off to protect the puck. If they're calling penalties like that to prevent offensive creativity they're missing the point of the post-lockout standards.

Anyways, great game by Kovalev although that first OT PP was painful to watch. Glad Carbo got the right guys out there for the second go around.

Buffalo was giving Kovalev that wrist shot on the PP all the time. When he gets that space, our PP is fine. Funny thing.

5 on 5, this game wasn't very close. It's the inverse of 2 years ago... this team has gone from only a special teams group to an almost dominant 5 on 5 team.

5 on 5, this game wasn't very close. It's the inverse of 2 years ago... this team has gone from only a special teams group to an almost dominant 5 on 5 team.

Right on bro, I'm looking forward to tomorrow nite's game against the Canes.

I wonder what Milbury would have said

On second thought, no I don't

His exact words were "Ho-Hum, not MY favourite player that's for sure." on CBC during the second intermission of the Canucks game. I hate him. I like Crawford though. I am enjoying his analysis in the Chicago Vancouver game.

As for the game...I was crapping my pants every time the puck was in our zone. Buffalo played a great game, and we were completely flat in the first. That and the extended stays in our zone and we were lucky to squeak this win out!

I'm so happy for Sergei. I have a feeling that he is a very nice person, and it's nice to see the kid get some success. I hope he can figure out how to play gritty like Lemieux did, but not get so many penalties. I got a feeling this kid could be a clutch player in the future with some more development.

Time for Carbo to call out Tangs and Plek. Did they play tonight?

His exact words were "Ho-Hum, not MY favourite player that's for sure." on CBC during the second intermission of the Canucks game. I hate him. I like Crawford though. I am enjoying his analysis in the Chicago Vancouver game.

As for the game...I was crapping my pants every time the puck was in our zone. Buffalo played a great game, and we were completely flat in the first. That and the extended stays in our zone and we were lucky to squeak this win out!

I'm so happy for Sergei. I have a feeling that he is a very nice person, and it's nice to see the kid get some success. I hope he can figure out how to play gritty like Lemieux did, but not get so many penalties. I got a feeling this kid could be a clutch player in the future with some more development.

Time for Carbo to call out Tangs and Plek. Did they play tonight?

Milbury will be Milbury. You just have to pay as much attention to what he says as you would Ecklund. ^_^

The Habs do have major problems at times getting the puck out of their zone. It can be painful to watch especially on the PK when they could ice the puck at will but try to just wrist it by the dman holding the blue line along the boards. :wacko:

Sergei looked at home on the PP at the point. I hope his bro was watching and getting jealous. Andre should be way better because his shot/release is a lot crazier than Sergei's but apparently Andre has played with Kovalev for too long as has forgotten how to do 1 timers. :P

I bet watching his lil bros success will get him to remember right quick. :lol:

ok the boys played really good. no negativity. They seem to have fixed the pp.( amazing go to the net and shoot the puck who would of thought it?) and when they score on the pp they win simple. kovy is listening to Carbo and that is good. Kovy and Koivu will carry this team. Maybe they got the bugaboo off of their back and will now be the HABs we know and love. Keep the hard work up and we got us a team that is going to scare some people. And piss on the blds (big luvable dummmy swede) we don't need him.

Didn't look like it, but BGL must have hurt Peters in that fight because Peters never had a shift after that.

Either that or maybe the trainer couldn't remove the sh*t from his pants.

Edited by MMPL

Peters is probably the worst fighter in the NHL today, and maybe ever. The guy cannot fight. He dumped a whole bunch of weight a few years ago when Buffalo was a Stanley Cup contender and it really that just accelerated his demise as a heavyweight