Habs vs. Hurricanes | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't impressed with everyone tonight, but those refs were awful.

I effing hate Carolina.

Yup, Carolina has made real progress up my hate list over the last few years. Actually it's a short list, the Canes only trail Toronto and Boston ^_^

Man, stop complaining about the refs. The habs stillscored on the PP after the goal was disallowed. Complainign about Price? I just don't get it? Goal 2 no chance, Goal 1 was a 1 on 2, Bouillon just let him skate right by, Hamrlik just backed in and screened Price not once but twice. How about stepping up and hitting someone? i think they teach you that at age 8. Goal 3, several turnovers with no pressure, then know one on the ice could find there man, it squirted threw him and know one picked up there man. So to blame Price is just doesn't cut it.

Price and Halak have the 4th best GAA in the league and one of the top save %. They are the youngest and a top 5 goalie pair. I have no complaints about goaltending.

The Habs got 3 out of 4 points when trainling in the third which isn't bad at all. The habs will continue to struggle against big, physical teams until they figure out that hard work, going to the net and winning some battles will win you games against those tough teams.

The Lapierre line, Begin and D'Agostini get it. too bad know one else does. The D needs to figure out how to win some battles in front of there own net.

Overall earned 5 out of the last 6 points, so they need to keep the ball rolling when they get back.

Xmas wish list:

1. The hard work from last year returns

2. They need a goal scorer badly. I would make some moves to get him. Kovalev is the top of my list to go. Trade him for the best pick you can.

3. Add a top 4 D man. Again they'll have to package a few young players to get it done. I go after Boumeester.

Man, stop complaining about the refs. The habs stillscored on the PP after the goal was disallowed. Complainign about Price? I just don't get it? Goal 2 no chance, Goal 1 was a 1 on 2, Bouillon just let him skate right by, Hamrlik just backed in and screened Price not once but twice. How about stepping up and hitting someone? i think they teach you that at age 8. Goal 3, several turnovers with no pressure, then know one on the ice could find there man, it squirted threw him and know one picked up there man. So to blame Price is just doesn't cut it.

Price and Halak have the 4th best GAA in the league and one of the top save %. They are the youngest and a top 5 goalie pair. I have no complaints about goaltending.

The Habs got 3 out of 4 points when trainling in the third which isn't bad at all. The habs will continue to struggle against big, physical teams until they figure out that hard work, going to the net and winning some battles will win you games against those tough teams.

The Lapierre line, Begin and D'Agostini get it. too bad know one else does. The D needs to figure out how to win some battles in front of there own net.

Overall earned 5 out of the last 6 points, so they need to keep the ball rolling when they get back.

Xmas wish list:

1. The hard work from last year returns

2. They need a goal scorer badly. I would make some moves to get him. Kovalev is the top of my list to go. Trade him for the best pick you can.

3. Add a top 4 D man. Again they'll have to package a few young players to get it done. I go after Boumeester.

Great, trade Kovalev for a draft pick?? And try to acquire a goal scorer that nobody want's to give up, and mix in a top four defenceman, that nobody wants to give up!! I'd fire that off to Santa Clause as fast as you can.

If you think Kovalev is worth more then a pick your dreaming. The habs got him for a pick and a minor leaguer.

Tangauy only cost them a #1.

and a package of Pleks, Lats O'Byrne and Subban could get you Boumeester. He'll be moved for something similar. Obviously it would be contingent on Boumeester signing.

The habs need to make some changes to be a contender. This current roster won't make it out of the first round. Too many holes.

Actually, they lost their 2nd rounder for this year in that same deal (and got a 5th in return I think), so essentially it was a #1 and a #2 for Tanguay.

worth it. Specially if he signs.

I was at the game and seeing Pleks live was a revelation. He is even worse then I thought right now. :(

He just doesn't know what to do with the puck. Many times he would work hard, get the puck, and then either a) whiff on the right play, or b) attempt to pass it to the habs most covered.

Kovalev wasn't on fire, but he looked frustrated when he would be wide open and Pleks would not get it to him, even if he was open.

Lats is similarly challenged when it comes to hockey sense, but he was playing very hard last night. Once he figures out what to do with the puck once he gets it, he will be fine. He just seems to have his head down too much and has no clue who is around him so he can make a play.

Price was very rusty.. he was letting out rebounds and seemed out of it at times, but he also made a couple great saves. To be expected after the long lay off.

Overall, my impression was that if this is a fast team, the sure don't show it. Carolina has far less talent overall, but they were constantly skating for the puck, or skating hard back, or skating hard to get open. The habs were just floating around much of the time, begin, Laps, Kost, and Lats excepted. (oh, an dags of course ).

The refs did stink. Staal falls down at the slightest touch.. I screamed out 'two minutes for hitting a girl" after one penalty and that drew some laughs in the cheap seats. :)

Hopefully I will see a more fast paced team on the 4th against Florida...