Habs @ Panthers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

OK, I found the stats for the habs

5827 Games Played

3000 Wins

1933 Losses

837 Ties

57 OverTime Losses

Didn't get the chance to watch the game, but it sounds liek we played pretty good.

The first period was iffy, but the rest of the game was good!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A day off is only a phone call away!

What I do: you call minutes after you get up when your voice is still a scrapy. Always blame the stomach flu...nobody can argue against that!!

wow lots of Habs fans in Fla ("snowbirds" i suppose)

I heard somewhere that the league actually asks the Canadiens to play in florida during the Christmas break. with all the snowbirds going there, thats the only time in the year that Miami and tampa arenas are full. :lol:

coming back from St sauveur tonite I was listening the game on radio and It was clear after a montreal goal who most of the crowd was cheering for.

I heard somewhere that the league actually asks the Canadiens to play in florida during the Christmas break. with all the snowbirds going there, thats the only time in the year that Miami and tampa arenas are full.

They said on RDS tonight that it was the first sell-out of the Season for the Panthers!

Hope they can string together a nice streak here and gain a few on the Bruins.

So do I, but it'll be hard to do...the Bruins don't seem to lose any games!

So do I, but it'll be hard to do...the Bruins don't seem to lose any games!

Yeah this is sick. I knew they would be good, clearly better than last year. But never imagined they would be THAT good. It is insane. Even when Bergeron still out...

Finally Plek is playing like he should, it was about time. Plus he is better in face off than before

and plays his role of centerman creating room offense and defense and finds his wingers.

The line could have racked more points if the refs called McCabe obstruction plays and Ballard

holding sticks.

Again the Lapierre line was really good, defense was great and Price made the right saves at the right time.

On the darker side.

When will the refs call obstruction on goalies, having Brodeur, Luongo, Dipietro and more and more on

long term injuries doesn't ring a bell ?? If there is no call and Laraque cannot play the habs need someone

to send a message loud and clear to opponents who attack Price. Alex Henry maybe and send O'byrne down.

I watched closely Maxwell and i have seen nothing worth of mention. First game that he has

a positive face-off result. I never seen a scoring opportunity coming from him at NHL level after 5 games.

No points to show, no physical edge, no hits on the contrary he is an easy target for heavy hits.

Ok i am a little tough on him, but his spot is not deserved from what i have seen.

Sergei had a nice pass on Booth goal.

That was a solid effort, the Lapierre line has been the best line on most nights since being put together. I wish the other lines would at how they play the game, forechecking, getting the puck deep, playing smart.

Price very solid again, defensive zone was pretty good, I still think Tanguay got a stick on the 5 on 3 goal but it still counts.

They actually played well with the lead in the 3rd, , moving forward instead of standing around.

Only 1 complaint, this team is a turnover factory, poor passing, blind passes around the blue line. They need to get that together.

I'm hoping they come out and play a strong game in Tampa, they need the points.

Good game, weird game at times. It may have just been me, but it seemed like a few times during the game, that pucks just sat in open areas for a few seconds at a time. Exaggerating a bit, but that drop pass from Lats to Lapierre it seemed like the puck just hung out for a while. There were other instances, too, and most of them were in the Florida zone. Seems like the Panthers dropped down realllllly low in their own zone and left the high slot (heck, most of the zone from about the top of the face off circles out to the blueline) wide open.

Great determination by Laps lifting McCabe's stick at the end to get that empty netter. Good work. Did the Lang line play at all last night? Talk about invisible.

My wife was definitely a bit confused. She got home a little late from work, sat down on the couch, and realized what she heard coming from the TV wasn't english. Haha!

That was a solid effort, the Lapierre line has been the best line on most nights since being put together. I wish the other lines would at how they play the game, forechecking, getting the puck deep, playing smart.

It's easy to look good when you're playing with no expectations on your shoulder, and most of the time againsts weaker lines. I often hear that this line has been our best, but again we're giving a lot of credits for guys who are merely working hard, doing some forecheking, but really not doing much for the team (besides killing penalties).

Before last night, Lapierre and Kostopoulos each only had a lousy assist in their last 9 games (and a -4 record each). As for Latendresse, this was his first even-strength point 15 games for a total of 4 points during that span (one game where he got 2 points on the power play, and another game where he scored on a penalty shot). I'm not saying they've been mediocre, they actually looked decent and it's been a step in the right direction for both Lapierre and Latendresse, but to continually state they they have been our best line is simply a massive exageration.