Habs vs. Panthers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blah.

I was waiting for the Habs to blow the lead.

Halak can't make a save. The Habs definitely don't play as well in front of him. He just doesn't exude confidence.

And Kostopolo all over the place and that's not a good thing.

Kovy with a terrible game tonite. Usually i support him, but bad giveaways today.

At least they get a point.

why did you came back??

It only works for comebacks...and they did come back from 2-0...the score on the board when I left.

Also, I can't change that Halak is mediocre at best and that our powerplay sucks. If I could figure out some sort of superstitious mojo to help out the powerplay, believe me, I'd be using it.

Well, 2 majors concerns.

1. We can take on Kovy for his shitty move before the 4th goal as we want, but Habs are just NOT ABLE to dump the puck and then take control and install the play on PP. So Kovy's attempts are all right as long as he is not the last guy standing, wich was the case on the goal. You can't expect a guy like Kovy to watch his teammates ruining the entry on every play by dumping and getting beat on the board.

2. Halak is not big/tall enough to see the play in front of him when an opponent is there. Price can look up their shoulder and stay in the right place, but Halak can't. This is why I think he'll never be a #1.

So was Guy trying to send our "snipers' a message during the shootout? Sending Markov to shoot? Or was is just a case of everyone else sucked today........................

2 points though and with the way this one went being down 2-0, then up 4-2 I guess we'll take the points and hopefully move on and up.......

The powerplay was powerless once again. We desperately need new ideas out there, especially at the blue line.

Mark my words: Weber will be in the lineup for the next game. If I was coach, Brisebois would sit that one. IMO, he is less effective when he plays every game.

Too bad Subban is still a junior. He would be the solution.

JCPetit

Actually, I would sit Patch and play Weber as a forward for limited minutes. Paccioretty is not ready. I would want one of Weber or Patch in the lineup. Not both.

Edited by BCHabnut

Before saying that Max Pac is not ready give him at least 5 games.

I will take anyone who dares to cut to the net.

What i've said after the first i maintain even witht the points he racked that Sergei

is playing like a girl, takes poor decision with and without the puck. The play that people

here were blaming Kostopolos to be in Halak legs was because both Kost were off to the bench

on a opponent rush.

Gorges is hurt, or as a flu but he has very few bad game in a year and that was one. So

why put him there with 1 minute to go ??

The fourth line was horrible all pm and just to finish it Bégin cross checked a guy and d'Agostini

lobbed it off the ice with a couple minutes to go. Chipchura was playing the puck and losing it.

And i am not blaming Kovy at all i think his game was good. Turnovers like ususal but he played well

only if Plek could turn an opportunity in a goal would be nice. Two post at least for Kovy, nah i do not blame him.

The goalie coach should be fired for doing such a poor job with a good goalie. This is not the Halak we

seen two years ago. He was way better before having Melanson in his life. And don't go on how he did a good

job with Price, Price is a phenomenal player he doesn't need Melanson.

Just pray that Price and Koivu are back soon.

Pretty good sum-up by Easy. I'll give Pacioretty a few games, as noted he cuts to the net, wants to play physical, let him bang around a few games, put some heat on Dags to keep scoring and Higgins to start scoring once healthy. The final stat line and how his line played are night and day.

Plex must finish some more, though. I'll always accept Kovalev's errors, he's just that kind of player.

No Tanguay, no Koivu, no Price, no Higgins, picking up points still, not all bad.

I've heard others down on Melanson as well, Halak looks utterly mediocre overall, much different from the potential he flashed last year. What's up with that? Is it really the coach?

I've heard others down on Melanson as well, Halak looks utterly mediocre overall, much different from the potential he flashed last year. What's up with that? Is it really the coach?

It's just a couple of games, overall he's been solid this year I think.

Unrelatedly, I was watching the "vestiary echos" and man, Markov has got to be the worst hockey interview I've ever seen, and that's saying something.

Actually, I would sit Patch and play Weber as a forward for limited minutes. Paccioretty is not ready. I would want one of Weber or Patch in the lineup. Not both.

Pax looks ready to me. He can skate, play physical, make a good pass. What's the problem?

JCPetit

During the game, I kept flagging the bad plays and missed passes by Sergei. But now, I realised he finished with +4. Shocking. Breezer and Bouillong +3 as well...

Halak only looks poor in comaprison to Price. With Price around, you can sometimes forget the fact that Halak is still a very young NHL goalie and there aren't many others younger than him in the NHL. How old was Garon before he became a legit NHL goalie? Halak is way ahead of schedule and the bumps he's going through right now are just part of the learning curve. Price is a freak of the best kind... don't expect Halak to be on the same path as him.

Pax looks ready to me. He can skate, play physical, make a good pass. What's the problem?

JCPetit

Pax looks pretty decent out there from what i have seen in the 1 games. We'll have to see over a longer stretch, but i would have no problem seeing him up for good.

The Habs have some nice depth on the wings.