Habs/Pens deal

kenadian

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/01/05/...penguins_trade/

"The Montreal Canadiens have acquired defenceman T.J. Kemp from the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for a conditional seventh round draft pick in the 2010 Entry Draft."

Edited by kenadian

Looks to be a career AHL guy.

He has some success but he has been in the minors since 2001:

2005-06 ECHL - All-Rookie Team

2004-05 Atlantic Hockey - First All-Star Team

2004-05 Atlantic Hockey - All-Tournament Team

2003-04 Atlantic Hockey - Best Defenseman

2003-04 Atlantic Hockey - First All-Star Team

Do we have a defenseman on the way out?

6 AHL teams in the last 3 years, Hamilton will make it 7 for him.

With Weber up, Frederic St. Denis has been playing for the Bulldogs, perhaps they want to send him back to the ECHL, as the Cyclones have been hurting lately as well.

6 AHL teams in the last 3 years, Hamilton will make it 7 for him.

With Weber up, Frederic St. Denis has been playing for the Bulldogs, perhaps they want to send him back to the ECHL, as the Cyclones have been hurting lately as well.

Yeah, but O'Byrne is with Hamilton right now. Is Jancevski getting called back up by Dallas maybe?

Depth move by Julien Brisebois.

I don't see Gainey wasting his time on transition before making a major move.

Nothing wrong there, the Dogs have to be kept strong. Actually they need a lot more than

that with the team best players are in and out Montreal.

One good thing from the call ups. White, Wyman, Desharnais have more ice time to learn.

Yeah, but O'Byrne is with Hamilton right now. Is Jancevski getting called back up by Dallas maybe?

Are you sure? i was under the impression that O'Byrne would have to pass through waivers, and Montreal did not want to take that chance with him, as it would almost be a certainty that another team would pick him up!

I've heard rumblings he may be on his way back up in the future, although as of the time I post this, he's still on the active roster - and injured.

Are you sure? i was under the impression that O'Byrne would have to pass through waivers, and Montreal did not want to take that chance with him, as it would almost be a certainty that another team would pick him up!

O'Byrne's now 11 NHL games away from having to clear waivers to go down. As a plug, feel free to reference the Cap Hit/CBA thread stickied at the top of the page; it has the list of who doesn't have to clear to go down. (O'Byrne's not on the list currently, but will be when he rejoins the team.)

Only a PTO (like Mike Minard, who's currently backing up Lacasse.) He probably won't be there long.

I know it's probably only a temproary thing, but it is a little concerning to think that Loic Lacasse is one flu bug away from dressing for the Habs.