Habs @ Bruins | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurt to say but Boston totally neutralized us in the third. To bad mr. Lee gave them the lead in the first place and now we lost this one.

Lets digest them in the eastern conferance finals instead.

Well, that about does it... the habs were definitely flat in the 3rd.. I am really getting to hate the Bruins..

I will say that Tim Thomas is a very good goalie.. ugly and unconventional, but he is very good.

In addition, the Bruins have a very good team overall. They have a lot of players stepping up and they play with confidence.

I highly doubt we will catch them this year.. I believe they are a better team over all..

I am starting to think that we should be trading Kovalev to get Vinny (I know it is not possible). It is games like this where he needs to be at his best and lead the team, and he was completely invisible.

Unfortunately, I believe that we are back to the old Kovalev who shows up every now and then and teases us with his abilities, but doesn't bring it most nights. Last year he was in most games, and hence we were in most games.

Its kind of sad to say, but the only real pressure comes from our bottom lines and the Kots boys...

Good game, the Habs seemed to have all the bounces going their way but for some reason they just couldnt capitalize on them. So many times the Habs had Thomas beat but then missed the net by an inch.

Up until Hammer messed up big time I thought the Habs were going to tie it up. Why Hammer didnt follow through on Ryder is beyond me but I guess nobody is perfect and everybody screws up from time to time eventually.

Lets digest them in the eastern conferance finals instead.

It should be in the 2nd round. 1st vs 4th (or 5th)

1. Well, that about does it... the habs were definitely flat in the 3rd.. I am really getting to hate the Bruins..

2. I highly doubt we will catch them this year.. I believe they are a better team over all..

1. Getting to hate? I always hated them even when we would always beat them like a drum come playoff time. Now that they actually have the temerity to think that they can win a playoff series against us I hate them even more;

2. Actually having them ahead of us in standings gives them something to lose and that makes it all the sweeter for us to destroy their hopes in the playoffs like we almost always do

Well coached game. Played well by both sides. Boston D is formidable. Could have gone either way. Maxpac is pretty crappy in his own end.

Agreed on all points, and add A. Kostitsyn to the list with Maxpac.

I'm disappointed - I had high hopes for that game. Between poor officiating and most of our best players having an off-night, it was a downer. It wasn't even that exciting - the trap will do that, I suppose. Oh well.

Overall they played well. They just took some dumb penalties that cost them. If you only score once your not going to win much. Boston beat them on the special teams which isn't too surprising. AK46 was not a major but otherwise you shouldn't be blaming the refs, just more excuses for not getting the job done. The habs had a 4 on 3 for over a minute and didn't do anything with it.

Funny how Pacioretty and AK46 get called out for sloppy dzone play, have you ever watched Kovalev, he is a turnover factory in every zone.

They need to keep playing the same way and they'll be fine, sometimes you get beat when you play well.

They need to keep playing the same way and they'll be fine, sometimes you get beat when you play well.

Apparently our boys came out strong in the first period...and the nuber of shots on goal seems to confirm this..however, I only got to wathc the second half of the game, and our boys were no longer in the game by that time. especially in the 3rd period when it counted the most.

I phucking hate the pooh-bears! I hope they all die!

At some point Carbonneau will need to learn to cut his bench a little, especially when we're looking for a goal to tie the game. There were moments last night where you could see that Andrei Kostsitsyn was on the verge of breaking out, and making a difference in the game. I think a head coach needs to identity those moments, and increase that player's ice time accordingly so that he can keep his momentum going, and get that extra goal. AK46 should have played a lot more than 14 minutes last night (even if you factor his major penalty, he would have hardly played 15 minutes).

As for Kovalev, this is the same Kovalev we see every single game, he was only "invisible" because his individual plays did not lead to any goal. At some point in the 3rd he used Boston's defenseman to take a decent shot, which was blocked by Thomas; had he scored on that play, we'd be talking about a fairly good game from Kovalev.

Otherwise it was a strong coaching display and a great execution from the Bruins, who reverted back to a safe and simple game because of their injuries. Unlike the Canadiens they don't have much NHL-ready depth at the minor league level (although I don't understand why Sobotka was sent back to the minors, I really like that kid), and they were stuck with Axelsson on the Savard line, and basically two 4th lines. Yet they managed to keep the Canadiens in check for most of the game, and gave up few genuine scoring opportunities.

I do not care on the result of a game that 3 of the key players on both

side are not there.

Lucic, Kessel and Bergeron.

Price, Koivu and Tanguay.

This was a good character show and a chance to hate the Bruins some more with

this clown in their net spinning and breakdancing, puck going throught the legs . Savard slashing Komi and crying tears

when talked face to face. Ward stupid move of facing the board heads down and not expecting

to be hit !! Andrei slowed down to save his sorry *ss and still got 5 minutes.

I don't like to hate them i simply hate them.

I forgot 1 more point, is there anyone on the roster who can win a fight? These guys are punching bags.

I know, it's gettin ridiculous! WHere's Big Georges Laraque when you need him!?!

Yea, they need Laraque back badly. I think the only thing slower then Chipchura's feet are his hands. At least he stepped in but i'm tired of people stepping in and getting crushed, it changes the momentum the other way.

I thought the best move BG made was getting Laraque for the next few years but his groin thing is getting old.

At least Chips got a few shots in. Kosty gets destroyed every time. He's fought some pretty big boys though. Vinny is pretty good with his fists! :lol:

saw a funny line on another board... "Kosts has been in 15 fights this season, and lost 20 of them"...

I think that pretty much sums it up. ;)

I wonder if Gainey shouldn't have suspended BGL when he showed at camp overweight at more than 260 pounds, like the Blues did with Keith Tkachuk a couple years ago. Especially for a guy who's carrying a groin injury, maintaining a healthy weight is crucial. Unless he had a valid reason, I think this was a lack of professionalism from Laraque who probably should have taken better care of his groin through core exercises, and even yoga (it may look "gay", but it does wonders).

Good thing too that the guy missed the annual gold tournament this summer to not interrupt his "training", otherwise he would have showed up at 295 pounds ;)