The Rant Thread

JoeLassister

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm tired of pointless threads that otherwise belong in the Nothing to Do With Anything thread anyway.

Isn't every thread in The Lounge pointless to someone? We should just merge everything into the Nothing thread. And I mean everything.

As for a short rant, I hate people who talk during an entire movie while you're at the theater. I didn't pay 10 bucks to hear a low muttering under the movie I came to watch.

I also hate when I go to EB and get the disc guarantee shoved down my throat when I buy a game. Like they'll be offended when I say no. Jesus, I want to keep my 5 dollars because I don't treat my games like a buffoon.

I'm tired of pointless threads that otherwise belong in the Nothing to Do With Anything thread anyway.

We cannot call it "Nothing to do with anything" if all the post are "rant-related"...

We cannot call it "Nothing to do with anything" if all the post are "rant-related"...

:D

I hate it when people rush the metro doors when there are nothing but empty seats.

I hate it when the assholes who get on at Berri-UQAM (or all transfer stations) stay right in front of the door and don't move to let the people inside the metro cart exit. They're clearly in the middle of the way and won't budge just so they can have a seat.

Edit: I forgot about the idiots inside the bus who put their snow covered shoes all over the opposing empty seats in the bus.

Edited by Tony

Isn't every thread in The Lounge pointless to someone? We should just merge everything into the Nothing thread. And I mean everything.

As for a short rant, I hate people who talk during an entire movie while you're at the theater. I didn't pay 10 bucks to hear a low muttering under the movie I came to watch.

I also hate when I go to EB and get the disc guarantee shoved down my throat when I buy a game. Like they'll be offended when I say no. Jesus, I want to keep my 5 dollars because I don't treat my games like a buffoon.

You make it sound like they may not know you well. SURELY when you get anywhere close to an EB in Calgary bells and whistles go off, the manager rushes in, and you're all on a first-name basis. Why on Earth would they ask you about that guarantee. Haven't they seen more than a few (thousand) games from you that are in perfect condition?

You make it sound like they may not know you well. SURELY when you get anywhere close to an EB in Calgary bells and whistles go off, the manager rushes in, and you're all on a first-name basis. Why on Earth would they ask you about that guarantee. Haven't they seen more than a few (thousand) games from you that are in perfect condition?

I realize you're mocking me but this is actually true at a couple EBs, the one by where I live and the other by where I used to go to high school. Theres no bells but the manager will come to say hi and we're all on a first name basis.

Is that sad?

I realize you're mocking me but this is actually true at a couple EBs, the one by where I live and the other by where I used to go to high school. Theres no bells but the manager will come to say hi and we're all on a first name basis.

Is that sad?

I wouldn't quite call it mocking. I was poking you a bit, but I was quite serious that I figgered they'd all know you. I see nothing wrong with that at all. It's what you want to do in life, you're passionate about it. *shrugs* Makes sense.

The bells part will happen when you become famous. ;)

Yeah, and people who push into the Metro cart before letting those inside out.

I hate this, and also when someone's rushing to get in before the doors close but there are people randomly choosing to stand right at the entrance.

I'm tired of pointless gimmick threads that somehow manage to get to a second page. If your post has nothing to do with anything or is just an undirected rant, why the hell do you feel the need to post it?

• 7 months later...

This goes out to a friend of mine, Pierre-Luc, who seems to like whisky a lot. ###### you man and your ######ing whisky shots. And ###### your tequila shots too !

I am f***ing tired of always being there for a girl only to be treated like garbage, led on for months on end with the prospect of a relationship happening, and then what? You leave for college (university) and it's just a massive "I'm not talking to you anymore.

It's annoying how awful some people are. They'll use you and won't regret it in the least.

ING DRIVERS WHO TRY TO TURN RIGHT WHEN THERE'S A CLEARLY VISIBLE "WALK" SIGNAL WITH COUNTDOWN SHOWING THAT PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO CROSS THE ING ROAD.

I would go on, but I actually took out my frustration on the last dumb motheer who tried to turn right when pedestrians and cyclists were rightfully getting off the sidewalk to cross the road. I was on my cyclo-cross bike. The clip plate of my cycling shoe left a nice long scratch along the tard's car. Just something to remind him to pay attention...

I am f***ing tired of always being there for a girl only to be treated like garbage, led on for months on end with the prospect of a relationship happening, and then what? You leave for college (university) and it's just a massive "I'm not talking to you anymore.

It's annoying how awful some people are. They'll use you and won't regret it in the least.

Ha! Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt...

Gotta make it clear you want to her, and everything else hinges on that. "Being there for her" is part of the "everything else". If you already give her all the benefits of a relationship (being there, talking, emotional support) without her having to give you any benefits (sex, love, respect), dont expect her to ever come around or hold unto you. And you have to be ready to take your distances once you see she's leading you on. Otherwise you'll just be the teddy bear: a reassuring, comforting kid toy. Once she'll be confident again, you're history.

######ING DRIVERS WHO TRY TO TURN RIGHT WHEN THERE'S A CLEARLY VISIBLE "WALK" SIGNAL WITH COUNTDOWN SHOWING THAT PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO CROSS THE ######ING ROAD.

I would go on, but I actually took out my frustration on the last dumb mothe######er who tried to turn right when pedestrians and cyclists were rightfully getting off the sidewalk to cross the road. I was on my cyclo-cross bike. The clip plate of my cycling shoe left a nice long scratch along the ######tard's car. Just something to remind him to pay attention...

Now you owe me a paint job :lool:

Nice of you of doing it and I agree somehow with the gesture but I have to rant on all those dumb cyclist, old people that just won't walk fast enough because they feel we owe them since they're old and all those fat sob on their little motorised buggie that think that own the road simply because they're not driving. well guess what !! If I accidently hit, I may get a fine and lose points but you'll be dead or permanently hurt.

Now you owe me a paint job :lool:

Nice of you of doing it and I agree somehow with the gesture but I have to rant on all those dumb cyclist, old people that just won't walk fast enough because they feel we owe them since they're old and all those fat sob on their little motorised buggie that think that own the road simply because they're not driving. well guess what !! If I accidently hit, I may get a fine and lose points but you'll be dead or permanently hurt.

I think you and I better never be on the same road.

I learned it's better to be alive than to be right, and being a cyclist means you've got no chances against a car... but it also means a driver on foot has no chances to catch you after you've broke their tail lights with a swift kick to remind them to follow the rules. Or you might just wait for the driver to come out of their car and introduce their face to your bike lock :B)

I would like to say a special #### you to one of my co-workers.

She gets paid more than me, yet she distributes all her work to myself and others cause she doesn't know how to do it, shes on personal calls all day and this afternoon I caught her reading a book. And no one in management will even call her out about it.

I would like to say a special #### you to one of my co-workers.

She gets paid more than me, yet she distributes all her work to myself and others cause she doesn't know how to do it, shes on personal calls all day and this afternoon I caught her reading a book. And no one in management will even call her out about it.

1) Stay late at the office one night

2) Go in her office

3) Plant a several big bags of weed all around her office

4) Call the police on her

5) When the news is spread around she got caught with tons of weed on the job, comment "No wonder she was so lazy and would never work"

1) Stay late at the office one night

2) Go in her office

3) Plant a several big bags of weed all around her office

4) Call the police on her

5) When the news is spread around she got caught with tons of weed on the job, comment "No wonder she was so lazy and would never work"

But how am I supposed to get my weed back after?

I want to call out friends who make it impossible to make plans. Every time I try to plan a trip, going to a game, going to a concert, etc. I have to ask everyone a dozen times before they give me an answer. How freaking hard is it to figure out if you have something already planned on a given day (or weekend)? What's worse is that I once caught a friend texting his girlfriend that he was pissed at me for being so bad at planning things! As if it's my effing fault the bastards can't give me a straight answer.

But how am I supposed to get my weed back after?

Gotta make sacrifices sometimes.

If you're not willing to go that far, just agree with everyone else to horribly botch all the work she's "delegating" to you. She'll either get blamed for it and/or have to do it herself from now on.