Montreal @ Tampa Bay | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah where was obyrne and bouillon during that?

Making sure the faceoff stayed in, which apparently didn't happen anyways.

...and you dont have puck possession with your legs. ^_^
What a meant is that he moved the puck back and forth - like stick handling. Glove handing (banging the puck back and forth) is legal.

If you grab a loose puck in the crease or knock it away with your hand the result is the same.
He's right. I should have clarified that both hands have to play the puck for it to be legal. Good call Sir_Boagalott.

Cheers

Now c'mon Habs!

Nice pass Boo Boo.. all the time in the world and he puts it right on the guys stick...

Here we go.. out play them, get a lead.. fail to close the deal on our opportunities.. other team slowly gains momentum and now we are down one...

sigh..

Looking like 3 straight road losses unless the suddenly show up in the third...

4 goals on 13 shots.. if that was Halak in there people would be calling for his head.. :)

In any case, this is what happens when you stop playing after 20 minutes.

Does this team even want to play hockey?

You may as well play short handed instead of putting Lang out because he is coasting around, why does he think he can just take a game off?

And Kovy, you are our franchise player, if Smith never gave you the puck you would have been invisible so far. Why don't you show up?

BG get a god damn defenseman or two so Boo and Breeze can take a seat, for good. They are AHLers at best.

Is Sergie even playing, I havent seen him yet?

Plex hasn't done dick all year.

You think they will make it past the first round with the effort of a last place beer league team?? :puke:

Sorry guys for the rant but I'm very pissed off and had to sound off :angry:

Edited by MMPL

The Habs have only themselves to blame.

The 5-3 PP and the missed oportunity of Lang pass by Higgins changed all the story.

Bouillon is doing worse and worse. The giveaway was bad but anyone notice the shot 5 feet

to the net just on the same shift.

Hammer look likes he aged and can no more skate backward.

O'byrne well it's the same o'l thing. He is Patrick Traverse reincarnated.

Plek, both Kost are painful to watch too.

Too bad for Carey, very bad bounces out there.

Bad bad bad.

Does this team even want to play hockey?

You may as well play short handed instead of putting Lang out because he is coasting around, why does he think he can just take a game off?

And Kovy, you are our franchise player, if Smith never gave you the puck you would have been invisible so far. Why don't you show up?

BG get a god damn defenseman or two so Boo and Breeze can take a seat, for good. They are AHLers at best.

Is Sergie even playing, I havent seen him yet?

Plex hasn't done dick all year.

You think they will make it past the first round with the effort a last place beer league team?? :puke:

Sorry guys for the rant but I'm very pissed off and had to sound off :angry:

LOL, Breezy is not that bad, and he is not even playing. .I am more worried about Hammer, who has sucked for about 10 games.. he is suppose to be our high paid defensive anchor back there..

I agree on the rest.. we have a lot of talent doing nothing on this team... the only line that constantly plays with energy and grit is Laps, Kost, and Lats... If the rest of them played with that intensity their skill might be more visible..

The Lightning have one thing we don't.. two guys who can finish a play, not just create a chance.. I would take Vinny or St. Louis on our team.. we can't go anywhere with the current centers.. Koivu, Pleks and Lang are not a winning combo..

And once again we get production from the Laps line..

If bob needs to trade a few "roster players" like Higgins, Pleks, and a Kots to get a guy who can make an impact.. then I say go for it...

Higgins is the most expandable right now, but he's also the one who probably have least value? 5 goals & 9 points in 22 games for a guy who played with Koivu & Tanguay most of the year and got significant PP time, not the sign of a natural goal scoring winger.

And once again we get production from the Laps line..

Ironically enough, those are 3 guys alot of people have written off the lineup at the beginning of the season in favor of Stewart/Pacioretty/Chipchura/Laraque.

Higgins is the most expandable right now, but he's also the one who probably have least value? 5 goals & 9 points in 22 games for a guy who played with Koivu & Tanguay most of the year and got significant PP time, not the sign of a natural goal scoring winger.

That is why I expect a package of roster players to be leaving... as long as it isn't laps.... :)

so they can punch a guy in the face after the whistle and not get called, but Kovy gets a penalty for a push????

That is why I expect a package of roster players to be leaving... as long as it isn't laps.... :)

Let's not forget that there's Tanguay who'll come back too.

We'll have to first see how Carbo deals with the situation in the next couple of games. Should be a good indication of where the staff's mind is at.

The game isn't over, but the nhl already has the 3 stars up on the event summary.. lol

Well, as predicted after they wasted the chances in the first.. it would come back to bite them, and it did..

Carbo played the hell out of the laps line, as they were the only useful line.. that tells you the depth of our problems right now.. 3 guys playing, 9 guys coasting...

It is time for Gainey to do something...