Habs @ Panthers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

3cf6996f.gif@ 336fc3b0.gif
27-14-6 for 60 points....................22-17-8 for 52 points
(5th East)...............................(t-8th East)

Forecaster.ca's Tale of the Tape
TSN's Ice Chips

Montreal Player Stats
Florida Player Stats

Projected Lineup

(46)A.Kostitsyn - (20)Lang - (27)Kovalev
(84)Latendresse - (40) Lapierre - (6)Kostopoulos
(21)Higgins - (11)Koivu - (36)D'Agostini
(22)Begin - (14)Plekanec - (74)S.Kostitsyn

(79)Markov - (8)Komisarek
(44)Hamrlik - (26)Gorges
(51)Bouillon - (71)Brisbois

29074.jpg vs. 5812.jpg
Carey Price................Tomas Vokoun

TV: RDS, TSN
Radio: CJAD, CKAC

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder which team will show up tonight.

All the games are very important, They can't afford to not show up anymore. if they lose they are 6 points out of the playoffs i beleive.

I don't want to be greedy so maybe i can hope they'll show up for half the game.

From Habs Inside/Out:

Rookie Max Pacioretty was the odd man out as head coach Guy Carbonneau juggled his lines for tonight's game against the Florida Panthers.

In the most significant change, Robert Lang rejoins old friend Alex Kovalev on a line which also includes Andrei Kostitsyn.

Sergei Kostitsyn, who had been playing on a line with his brother, and Lang, drops down to a line with Steve Bégin and Tomas Plekanec.

Two lines remain intact with Saku Koivu between Christopher Higgins and Matt D'Agostini while Maxim Lapierre centres Guillaume Latendresse and Tom Kostopoulos.

Patrice Brisebois returns on defence with Ryan O'Byrne in the press box.

Ehh... I don't know about this...

Brisebois in and O'Bryne out so soon after call up? Pacioretty out? Kostitsyn/Lang/Kostitsyn broken up? Pleks and Sergei with Begin? :huh:

Edited by ForumGhost

From Habs Inside/Out:

Ehh... I don't know about this...

Brisebois in and O'Bryne out so soon after call up? Pacioretty out? Kostitsyn/Lang/Kostitsyn broken up? Pleks and Sergei with Begin? :huh:

I thought that patches (only because I have no idea how to spell his name) has been very good. I wonder why he has been dropped. The S. Kostitsyn - Plekanek - Begin line looks funny but it has the potential to be like the Lapierre line - in your face buzzing around the net.

Can't say that I agree with dropping Pacioretty instead of D'Agostini. Max has looked better lately.

As for Brisebois and O'Byrne, I think it's likely that we'll see them alternate somewhat regularly. When he's been rested, Brisebois has been pretty decent.

I like these lines. I mentioned in another thread that Plek was not just a one dimensional guy. He is strong defensively. Sergei is the only element thaty stops this line from being a potentially strong shut down line. Interesting lines. Too bad Pacioretty is out. I thought he would be the last call up to be scratched. If I were Diago, I would be worried, because I could see Pacioretty making some room for Koivu too. We all know Carbo does this when things get ugly.

If Carbo habs any balls, sergei/ plekanec would be benched.

but he took the easy way out...I guess we'll know how it'll go really soon.

If Carbo habs any balls, sergei/ plekanec would be benched.

but he took the easy way out...I guess we'll know how it'll go really soon.

Takes ball to state he has no balls from the safety of your desk. I know you wouldn't say it to his face though. It takes balls to be the coach of the Canadiens, and Guy has them.

Benching Kovalev would be Ballsy.

I think GC has a seniority thing with who he benches. He starts with the rookies, then moves on to younger guys. He has been pretty consistent with that

I thikn Carbo took Pacioretty out of this game to show his veterans that he trusts them and that he's giving them one more chance to prove to him that they deserve to be there!

This is a warnign to Ak46, Plex and a few others!

Kostitsyn/Lang/Kostitsyn broken up?

Damn right, the Kostitsyn Briothers(especially Sergei) haven't been playing well lately!

Begin is on the line for a simple reason.. someone needs to wear the pants on that line... :)

I would be sitting Boo Boo before O'byrne, but wrong side. :)

Too bad Higgins didn't cover up for Price instead of watching that goal.. good view from there I guess...

I like these lines. I mentioned in another thread that Plek was not just a one dimensional guy. He is strong defensively.

Plekanec is less one-dimensional than... about 95% of the other players on the team. You might not consider him a #1 centre, but a 65 point season in your first year playing on a top line is enough to prove that you're more than a one-way defensive forward.

Begin is on the line for a simple reason.. someone needs to wear the pants on that line... :)

I would be sitting Boo Boo before O'byrne, but wrong side. :)

Too bad Higgins didn't cover up for Price instead of watching that goal.. good view from there I guess...

I too, think that Bouillon needs to be put in the pressbox. Just lost the puck and took a tripping call. Typical of his play lately.

Paging Mr. Gainey, Mr Bob Gainey please report the the Canadiens bench..............

Maybe it's time for the boss to step in and turn up the heat on the coaches and players......... :angry: