Habs @ Panthers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow.. I think Breezy was the best D tonight... Komi is giving the puck away, Markov and Hammer are constantly getting schooled, Boo boo is aweful, Gorges is struggling..

Breezy is the best for no other reason that he hasn't been awful.. not a ringing endorsement for the team...

The next goal i shuge.

Go Habs Go!

:lol: I bet i could track and find this exact same post in the last 20 game threads ...

and :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: at tonight game. :angry:

It's games like this where I'm glad I don't do game-by-game grades, I'm not sure I know enough ways to say "So and so had a bad game." I give the bottom 2 lines credit for showing up + Koivu up front (and I thought Higgins had some good to go with the bad, jamming the crease and whatnot), and Price for keeping it within single digits (and that's saying something considering it was a 4-goal game).

Wow. That was a stinker. I hope Carbo rips them a new one in english, so I can watch. If you guys find any video of Carbs tearing them apart, please link it here. Worst game of the year by far. Can't blame the refs, coach or Price on this one. I lost count of breakaways. Odd man rushes were at least 30. Phew...

Note to Bob. When team is playing well, send long term injury recoverers to Hamilton for conditioning.

Do they even care? They do not look like they care. Why aren't they getting mad, hitting players, slashing, getting pissed off.

Exactly. They are emotionless out there, have been for several games now.

They're singing!!! OMG Florida Panthers fans are singing a song, for the Habs, this has to be a low point in the history of the franchise.

At that point I wasnt even watching the game and went into a different room but when I heard the announcer say that I had to see it to believe it. That was definitely sad.

Apparently the Habs need to work on 5 on 3's. :rolleyes:

They keep blowing 5 on 3 PP chances that would put them back in the game if they capitalized on them. Its a huge momentum drain blowing a 5 on 3 PP and its a huge boost to the other team for killing it.

It's games like this where I'm glad I don't do game-by-game grades, I'm not sure I know enough ways to say "So and so had a bad game." I give the bottom 2 lines credit for showing up + Koivu up front (and I thought Higgins had some good to go with the bad, jamming the crease and whatnot), and Price for keeping it within single digits (and that's saying something considering it was a 4-goal game).

I'm not gonna like, I'm kinda glad I didn't get to watch the whole game so I can't do a writeup.

I'm starting to think all the rumors about Vinny and some names getting leaked might have messed with some guys' mind.

Also, it's like everybody is following Kovy... into suckiness. Sooner or later that whole thing about who's the real leader is gonna have to be addressed.

Note to Bob. When team is playing well, send long term injury recoverers to Hamilton for conditioning.

Great point...I've never understood why it isn't mandatory to do a conditioning stint in the AHL after a long lay-off, because over the years, I've noticed that VERY few guys can just step in and play well. So unless you happen to be Peter Forsberg, you're probably going to hurt the team more than you're going to help it for a few weeks when you come right back into the lineup.

Anyone else catch Carey Price after the game?

It was something like: I have the best time of my life at the all star game and then come back and have the worst f****** time of my life.

I think it's good someone finally shows emotion. He is pissed and should be.

Edited by Fanpuck33
Merged with game thread

Anyone else catch it?

It was something like: I have the best time of my life at the all star game and then come back and have the worst f****** time of my life.

I think it's good someone finally shows emotion. He is pissed and should be.

Who said it? Komi? Carbs?

Price also chucked his bag across the room and apparantly laid into his team mates. I think that is the way i understood it on the front page. Good for him, atleast someone has some emotion out there.

That was the worst game i've seen in 3 years. I'm not even sure what that was, if it wasn't for Price it could have been 10-1.

1 thing is for sure, something needs to change. A trade, benching a vet. GC can only call you out so many times.

The worst part of it was the team quit on Price. That should NEVER happen.

The D zone is so bad i don't even know where to start: Soft, do they even throw body checks? They can't win battles, can't pass the puck, can't clear the front of the net. If they backed off any further they would be behind the net.

The vets look old, slow and uninterested.

Offense: Can you go to the net? notice most goals against the habs are 2 foot tap ins. It's because they go to the net. Is it me or do the habs always have 2 guys behind the net and know one in the slot? Is this a strategy i am not aware of.

A defensive coach is a must, i like the assistant coaches but 1 needs to go and get a real D coach out there.

The worst part of the team is STILL character, leadership and work ethic. The physical play is non existant.

They should be ashamed of themselves.

Carbo says Price had to be better...

Carbo is right. Price has not been very good lately. To be fair, Carbo said his best players had to be the best, including the goalie. So he was blaming all of them, but at the same time confirming that he feels Price is one of his best players.

I agree completely with him. The problem on this team is not Breezy, or the 4th line, or the backup. The problem is the top two lines, the top 4 defensemen, and our number 1 goalie. Some of them have "rust" as an excuse, but that only cuts it so long..

Carbo says Price had to be better...

I find it funny that a below average coach has the nerve to throw his goalie under the bus. This team is not ready to play 50% of their games, and cheap shots at a goalie is only to cover up bad coaching.

Also, there seems to be some venom towards the team in this thread. No the Habs do not suck. They are an average team finding their way in a tougher division this year. Having a winning record is good and I am happy for that. Having Stanley cup expectations this year is a stretch. Thank you BG for not signing the Floater overpaid soon to be Free agents.

Habs always rule in my mind, and I have accepted their fate this year. I do look forward to the youth infusion next year and hope BG does not get suckered into huge contracts for superfloat Kovalev or my favourite player Koivu. Nothing personal, just business....

BTH, not pointing you out, just wanted to expand on your comment. You are an excellent poster on this board! :hlogo:

I actually didn't get to see the game, I only posted that because lots of the posts in this thread are saying things like "the entire team sucked except Price, who stopped it from being a 10-1 game."

I don't agree that Carbo is a below average coach. But if he is, it isn't because the team has problems getting ready for games. They've had this problem with the 5 coaches before him as well.

When Mike Milbury was GMing NYI, people said "how many coaches is he going to run out of town until their ownership realizes that it's the GM that's to blame?" In this case, it's "how many coaches are we going to run out of town until we realize that it's the players that are to blame?" We've had some good coaches with some of these players and Carbonneau is the only one we've ever exceeded expectations with. This is where I wish we had Souray back. Not only could he help our PP but he was a total leader.