Carbo has to be more profesional

rafikz

He can blame the players all he wants, but he should NEVER have given a day off, just because they're in Florida; this is the regular season, everybody had time to relax during the ASW, and the players have 3 months in summer to go to Florida and relax.

They had a day to practice and get ready for the game; no matter where you are playing, you have a job to do.

Edited by rafikz

He's still afraid to pull the plug on a key Vet. Lets say he plays kovy and hamrlik for 10 mins in a game and puts andrei kostitsyn on the bench. heck even koivu should get once in a while.

you piss players off but you build a bad ass reputation.

I do agree that he shouldn't blame players so often. perhaps a player should come to themike and say that '' we didn't put on our best effort and we were outcoached'' lets see how he would react.

He would say the players didn't play hard enough to win. I don't think he is the kind of guy who put up with flack from underacieveing players. He was an overachiver. But i caould be wrong.

I totally agree about benching some vets, the list of those will be long. As pointed out, if you treat everyone the same, you'll get alot more respect.

I bench Kovalev next game, followed by pleks, Sk, koivu, Hamrlik, Bouillon, higgins, heck ebevn gorges has stunk up the place.

Players have to be more professional and do what they're paid to do ON THE ICE.

The coaches probably work 15 hours a day. All the players have to do is show up for 15 mins per game and they can't even do that. Who's unprofessional here?

Players have to be more professional and do what they're paid to do ON THE ICE.

The coaches probably work 15 hours a day. All the players have to do is show up for 15 mins per game and they can't even do that. Who's unprofessional here?

I'm not saying the players are not to blame.

But Carbo deserves some criticism too; they have a game to get ready for; so make sure your team is ready!

I'm not saying the players are not to blame.

But Carbo deserves some criticism too; they have a game to get ready for; so make sure your team is ready!

Again, the players are supposed to be professionals. When you go to work, is your supervisor the one that has the burden to make sure you are "ready" to work? Or are you supposed to be a professional adult and be grown up enough to be ready to do what you're paid for?

That's what professional means.

Didnt Julien got all sorts of blame and fingers pointed at him back when he was coach here? Look at how he's doing in Boston now. Could it be because the players actually care there? Could it be that when he was back here Julien had to suffer the same unaccountability attitude from the players that Carbo has to suffer now?

There's about only 4-5 guys on the whole team who really hates losing. Komisarek, Begin, Lapierre, sometimes Kovy but only when he wears the C, Kosto, Price. That's about it The rest always tends to cruise and backs down when things dont go their way. And that f***ing loser mentality is allowed to go on because the supposed "leaders" who are put letters on their jerseys never really step up to rally the troops. And by rally, I dont mean that they're "inspirationnal" because "they train like pros". F**K that. That doesn't means d*ck when you're down 4-0. Off-ice respect and inspiration dont turn a game around. A big hit, a big goal, a long, hard-fought shift in the opponents' zone with 2-3 scoring chances, a sticks rack thrown down in the lockerroom: that wakes the team up. Not some sissy pat-on-the-back encouragements on the bench or a weak, mild, quickly-aborted fancy Ice Capades perimeter play that leads nowhere and doesnt scare the opposition.

So f'n tired of accepting those types of attitudes on this team. This team needs a few more angry, rabid, foaming-at-the-mouth pitbulls with a sense of pride and honor who hates to lose and will actually back it up on the ice. There's a couple of guys on that team too accustomed to losing year after year after year. No wonder the coaching staff is going insane. It's not their lack of professionalism that's at cause here, it's the lockeroom culture that sees losing as an acceptable result. And that culture goes way back and has been transmitted from the vets who were there a long time to the rookies who came in and only wants to fit in and follow.

Enough of that crap already. BG has to get rid of the last few remnants of those losing years.

He would say the players didn't play hard enough to win. I don't think he is the kind of guy who put up with flack from underacieveing players. He was an overachiver. But i caould be wrong.

I totally agree about benching some vets, the list of those will be long. As pointed out, if you treat everyone the same, you'll get alot more respect.

I bench Kovalev next game, followed by pleks, Sk, koivu, Hamrlik, Bouillon, higgins, heck ebevn gorges has stunk up the place.

You CAN'T just bench your best players because they've had a bad game. What good will it do to bench Kovalev? He's been one of our three best players this season, what message does it send to the team? Kovy does well eventually if you just let him do his thing.

Bench Koivu, hard-working, captain and just back from injury? Hamrlik!? GORGES?

There's tough and then there's stupid. If we bench all these guys, we'll be left with a farm team. Plekanec and Sergei were placed on the fourth line, a step away from the pressbox. That's punishment enough. Next game, they might be scratched. Asking for punishment on top players because they've failed to score in 4 games is a ridiculous idea.

Even Michel Therrien doesn't resort to benching his best players when they have a bad night.

Again, the players are supposed to be professionals. When you go to work, is your supervisor the one that has the burden to make sure you are "ready" to work? Or are you supposed to be a professional adult and be grown up enough to be ready to do what you're paid for?

That's what professional means.

Didnt Julien got all sorts of blame and fingers pointed at him back when he was coach here? Look at how he's doing in Boston now. Could it be because the players actually care there? Could it be that when he was back here Julien had to suffer the same unaccountability attitude from the players that Carbo has to suffer now?

There's about only 4-5 guys on the whole team who really hates losing. Komisarek, Begin, Lapierre, sometimes Kovy but only when he wears the C, Kosto, Price. That's about it The rest always tends to cruise and backs down when things dont go their way. And that f***ing loser mentality is allowed to go on because the supposed "leaders" who are put letters on their jerseys never really step up to rally the troops. And by rally, I dont mean that they're "inspirationnal" because "they train like pros". F**K that. That doesn't means d*ck when you're down 4-0. Off-ice respect and inspiration dont turn a game around. A big hit, a big goal, a long, hard-fought shift in the opponents' zone with 2-3 scoring chances, a sticks rack thrown down in the lockerroom: that wakes the team up. Not some sissy pat-on-the-back encouragements on the bench or a weak, mild, quickly-aborted fancy Ice Capades perimeter play that leads nowhere and doesnt scare the opposition.

So f'n tired of accepting those types of attitudes on this team. This team needs a few more angry, rabid, foaming-at-the-mouth pitbulls with a sense of pride and honor who hates to lose and will actually back it up on the ice. There's a couple of guys on that team too accustomed to losing year after year after year. No wonder the coaching staff is going insane. It's not their lack of professionalism that's at cause here, it's the lockeroom culture that sees losing as an acceptable result. And that culture goes way back and has been transmitted from the vets who were there a long time to the rookies who came in and only wants to fit in and follow.

Enough of that already.

You have plenty of good points.

But if the coach doesn't schedule a practice session, the guys won't be ready.

It's not like they played B2B games.

You have plenty of good points.

But if the coach doesn't schedule a practice session, the guys won't be ready.

It's not like they played B2B games.

You had Higgins & Koivu just coming back from injury & 4 of your core players who didnt have an All-Star break, plus your 3rd line that you have to use the sh*t of each game because all the other lines sucks. There's case that can be made for that non-practice; same as a case can be made for putting a practice there. Just gotta ask the coaches what were their rationale.

I'm sure Scotty Bowman should have laid into Steve Yzerman a whole lot more for not screaming at his players and going out there to lay on the big hit, etc, etc, etc. In fact, when the Wings were winning Cups and Yzerman was not a 155-pt man, he never went out and dominated shifts, he just kept up his master work ethic and quietly let the team to Cups.

As for sitting players in the press box, I'll refer again to Bowman who never embarassed his stars so much to sit them out, but instead gave them periods off. I'll never forget Yzerman and one of the other superstars sitting in the middle of the bench, camera periodically going to them sitting there, benched while the third period played out. When Kovy (or whomever) coasts, give them a period off. Make 'em think about it. Sometimes it's not about winning and losing an individual game, but sacrificing to make a point. The season is 82 games, you can't and won't win them all. Sacrificing one to make a real point strikes me as a very smart chess move. Probably one of the reasons Bowman had a very long and very illustrious coaching career.

I'm sure Scotty Bowman should have laid into Steve Yzerman a whole lot more for not screaming at his players and going out there to lay on the big hit, etc, etc, etc. In fact, when the Wings were winning Cups and Yzerman was not a 155-pt man, he never went out and dominated shifts, he just kept up his master work ethic and quietly let the team to Cups.

Stevie Y could dominate with his 2-way game (like Brind'Amour) and change a game with one rush. Like Sakic could change a game with one wrister or Stevens with one hit. Granted, we've just used 4 Hall-of-Famers as examples. Can't have Hall-of-Famers on every team. What I meant was: you can't just "lead quietly" with "master work ethic" and leave it at that, you also have to lead the way on the ice, when the scoreboard requires from you to put it in a higher gear. Leading also implies and requires that you get results when it matters.

Didn't GC say a few times state that on those good teams he played that leaders called TEAM meetings to square things up behind closed doors?

I beleive he was taking shots at his team for not taking of these problems seriously or doing anything about it.

Why should Kovalev be exempt form a benching? Whoever thinks that guy has been a top 3 player on this team this year is way off.

Gorges

Komi

Markov

Lapierre

Lats

lang

Akosty

Price

halak

Those guys have all been better then Kovalev. All of them make less money also

The expectations were lower on them to begin with so they seem like they're playing better. But Latendresse and Halak have outplayed Kovy this year? Kovalev, Markov, Lang and Price have been our most valuable players. Others like Gorges and Lapierre have been playing great for what they are, but they still aren't better than the four guys mentioned above.

Kovalev has been by far one of the worst players this year. What people don't understand is that points don;t always reflect the players performance. Just because kovalev got a flukie assist yesterday doesn'y mean he deserved it. He is a coaster and the year he should be playing well because he is a UFA he isn't. Kovalev wishes he was half the player koivu is. Kovi has no heart and no passion, he just coasts and doesn't care as long as hes making money. And I know what some of you will say, "Koivu isn't playing well either" or "What has Koivu done in his career" Well look as his past teamates. I mean, Playing with Zednik and Bulis on the top line, how do you expect him to perform well. No wonder some euros are playing so soft on out team, its because they look up to kovalev. Ke doesn't hit, he coasts, he loses the puck all the time, he can't score anymore and when he does he's like "who cares", he has no passion, no heart and should be hit by an 18 wheeler.

Kovalev has been by far one of the worst players this year. What people don't understand is that points don;t always reflect the players performance. Just because kovalev got a flukie assist yesterday doesn'y mean he deserved it. He is a coaster and the year he should be playing well because he is a UFA he isn't. Kovalev wishes he was half the player koivu is. Kovi has no heart and no passion, he just coasts and doesn't care as long as hes making money. And I know what some of you will say, "Koivu isn't playing well either" or "What has Koivu done in his career" Well look as his past teamates. I mean, Playing with Zednik and Bulis on the top line, how do you expect him to perform well. No wonder some euros are playing so soft on out team, its because they look up to kovalev. Ke doesn't hit, he coasts, he loses the puck all the time, he can't score anymore and when he does he's like "who cares", he has no passion, no heart and should be hit by an 18 wheeler.

Saku Koivu is a big part of the problem in Montreal, and you're just another deluded fanboy who cuts the overrated injury-and-slump prone SOB far too much slack. The reason people point out he's never won a damn thing is that he hasn't, it's a fact...and he couldn't lead flies to shit. I pray every night that he's not offered another contract after this season, and you can bet your bottom dollar that I'll be cracking open a bottle of champagne the day Saku Koivu is no longer a Montreal Canadien.

Kovalev backchecking with his stick pitch forked and coasting around is just bush league, and slacking. He gets paid the millions to hustle and put in a strong effort.

Imagine if he had the hustle and drive that Lapierre has, man Kovy would be scoring so much more. I think Plex actually hustles but he isn't strong on the puck and he needs to get his confidence back. A two goal game would be perfect for him.

Saku Koivu is a big part of the problem in Montreal, and you're just another deluded fanboy who cuts the overrated injury-and-slump prone SOB far too much slack. The reason people point out he's never won a damn thing is that he hasn't, it's a fact...and he couldn't lead flies to shit. I pray every night that he's not offered another contract after this season, and you can bet your bottom dollar that I'll be cracking open a bottle of champagne the day Saku Koivu is no longer a Montreal Canadien

What happened when Koivu lost his freaking eye against Caronlina? We lost four straight. What happened when Koivu got surgury for his eye? He came back and had a career best in point...with one f*cking eye! Who had to be rushed back to the playoffs last year when we started losing to Boston? Koivu and he led the team in PLayoff points. What has Kovalev done for me lately? NOTHING! You might wanna delay that champagne celebration because Saku is the heart and soul of this team and its people like you that think because Kovalev is proven, you are blind when he plays bad. Mark my words Koivu will get an extention and retire in MTL, thank you very much!

Edited by KoZed
no personal attacks/insults, please

Saku Koivu is a big part of the problem in Montreal, and you're just another deluded fanboy who cuts the overrated injury-and-slump prone SOB far too much slack. The reason people point out he's never won a damn thing is that he hasn't, it's a fact...and he couldn't lead flies to shit. I pray every night that he's not offered another contract after this season, and you can bet your bottom dollar that I'll be cracking open a bottle of champagne the day Saku Koivu is no longer a Montreal Canadien.

I may not necessarily agree with your opinion, however I do respect it and see where it comes from. What I don't respect is your mode of communicating your opinions where you trash your peers. I think you a little harsh on Koivu as well, to the point of demonizing him, but I suppose it's not much different than how I go on about Ribeiro. Sorry. The Franchise. You use vulgarity, spit, and venom. I use deep sarcasm. End result is very similar. ;)

ok you obviously know nothing about hockey. What happened when Koivu lost his freaking eye against Caronlina? We lost four straight. What happened when Koivu got surgury for his eye? He came back and had a career best in point...with one f*cking eye! Who had to be rushed back to the playoffs last year when we started losing to Boston? Koivu and he led the team in PLayoff points. What has Kovalev done for me lately? NOTHING! You might wanna delay that champagne celebration because Saku is the heart and soul of this team and its people like you that think because Kovalev is proven, you are blind when he plays bad. Mark my words Koivu will get an extention and retire in MTL and you can go to hell, thank you very much!

He's the heart and soul all right...he's the poster boy for the dark ages of this franchise. Because of him, we've put off acquiring a real number-one centre, and now it's biting the Habs in the ass. And I'll be the first one to admit that Kovalev hasn't produced enough for this team this year...he hasn't done much for us lately...but what had Koivu done since the first six weeks of the season that's so impressive? He's been as mediocre as anyone else in the lineup.

I may not necessarily agree with your opinion, however I do respect it and see where it comes from. What I don't respect is your mode of communicating your opinions where you trash your peers. I think you a little harsh on Koivu as well, to the point of demonizing him, but I suppose it's not much different than how I go on about Ribeiro. Sorry. The Franchise. You use vulgarity, spit, and venom. I use deep sarcasm. End result is very similar. ;)

We write with different coloured inks to be sure, and our targets are different...but I don't doubt for a second that you dislike Ribeiro every bit as much as I dislike Koivu.

P.S. Going back to grade-school playground rules, in regards to where you say I trash my peers, I gotta call 'he started it' on that one. ^_^

We write with different coloured inks to be sure, and our targets are different...but I don't doubt for a second that you dislike Ribeiro every bit as much as I dislike Koivu.

P.S. Going back to grade-school playground rules, in regards to where you say I trash my peers, I gotta call 'he started it' on that one. ^_^

lol

Fair enough. I won't tell the teacher. :P

Everyone makes good points in this thread.

I have thought all season long that there is no way Kovalev will be back next year. He is a floater always has been and always will be. There is a reason that despite his incredible talent he hasn't been invited to his national team in a while.

Serious thoughts of Koivu not coming back crept in to my head last night for the first time ever. Not because of his skill or effort or abilities but for the fact that this team needs a new attitude. I don't lay the problem at his feet but he is a huge influence on this team.

Bob has some serious decisions to make at seasons end. Look at our free agents...Next years team could be business as usual or an entire new direction.

I Love that Price was so angry at the team after the game. He obviously hates to loose.

Carbo does need to step up also. He must find a way to develop the leadership that is currently on our team. Teams need more than the captain leading, they need others helping. Price said that there is no sense in pointing fingers in blame, they need each other to dig themselves out of the hole

I love the kid.