Habs vs. Kings | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

3cf6996f.gifvs. c5fdfd0b.gif
27-15-6 for 60 points....................20-20-7 for 47 points
(6th East)...............................(t-12th West)

Forecaster.ca's Tale of the Tape
TSN's Ice Chips

Montreal Player Stats
LA Player Stats

Projected Lineup

(67)Pacioretty - (11)Koivu - (36)D'Agostini
(22)Begin - (20)Lang - (27)Kovalev
(21)Higgins - (40) Lapierre - (6)Kostopoulos
(46)A.Kostitsyn - (14)Plekanec - (84)Latendresse

(79)Markov - (8)Komisarek
(44)Hamrlik - (71)Brisbois
(51)Bouillon - (26)Gorges

29074.jpg vs. 29133.jpg
Carey Price................Jonathan Quick

TV: RDS, CBC
Radio: CJAD, CKAC

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is Carbo thinking? Splitting up the only line that has been playing well and starts a goalie who just got shelled. Oy.

He's trying to get them going. I have no idea why Begin is on the second line. Sure he played Ok last game but he is not a 2nd liner at all.

I think he pretty much had to go back with Price to show that he has confindence in the Kid.

Oh ya, Go Habs Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's trying to get them going. I have no idea why Begin is on the second line. Sure he played Ok last game but he is not a 2nd liner at all.

I think he pretty much had to go back with Price to show that he has confindence in the Kid.

How does splitting up the team's only hard playing line get them going?

He just as easily could have shown confidence in him by telling him that he wanted him rested for the Boston game tomorrow.

Us poor Europeaners finally get to watch a couple of games at a normal time.

Carbo is obviously trying to jump start his scorers by infusing those lines with some much needed dose of adrenaline. That's why the likes of Begin, Lapierre and Kostopoulos are "rewarded".

Hope they make all the little kids in the stands happy.

Anyone know the Habs record since these Super Bowl Matinees started?

What is Carbo thinking? Splitting up the only line that has been playing well and starts a goalie who just got shelled. Oy.

I like the new lines, knowing that they're only a temporary fix. I like Koivu's wingers, I don't mind Begin on the second line and I love the fourth line.

In case people haven't noticed, this means that Sergei isn't playing.

How does splitting up the team's only hard playing line get them going?

He just as easily could have shown confidence in him by telling him that he wanted him rested for the Boston game tomorrow.

Has that line been rewarded with getting goals. The Habs have only scored 8 goals in their last four games. He has to find some kind of new chemistry among the guys.

A bit agreed but if he plays Price in both of the games it will show that he has tonnes of confidence.

I like the new lines, knowing that they're only a temporary fix. I like Koivu's wingers, I don't mind Begin on the second line and I love the fourth line.

In case people haven't noticed, this means that Sergei isn't playing.

I like the Koivu line but still dont like Begin on the second. He can barely hold a roster spot regularly.

Sergei will have to be better to stay in the lineup.

I ws hopeing to see O'Byrne. Maybe tomorrow.

As much as i realize the Habs are struggling, the lines seem a little crazy for me.

I'd much rather see Akostits with Koivu and hate to see Skostits scratched. Put Higgins in the pressbox, he has done nothing since coming back and was doing very little when he got hurt.

Also, scratch the Cube. He may try hard, but he gets very little accomplished.

Anyways, hope this works.

The keys to success are simple.

Our D-men have to be competent. Price has to be good...not great, but at least good. And guys like Lang, Koivu, Kovalev, and A.Kost need to play their best.

Koivu looks to have good jump thus far. MaxPac in a fight. Begin has lots of spunk... and can't pass except into the skates. Kovy is going east-west and not north-south. Lang is a product of a strict system in Detroit and is one of the only forwards who sticks to the plan. Komisarek is hitting.. just barely in control. Cube is running around a little. Breezer has so far kept it simple.

Barbershop tomorrow confirmed.

No call on a BLATANT trip on Koivu, but the Habs keep going and Plex scores.

Dirty, dirty goal by Plekanec....and I loved it. He wanted that puck more than anyone else.

Distinct lack of support from the forwards in zone breakouts. When they are in position, the Habs move to and through the neutral zone quickly, otherwise, they get penned and the puck comes back deep. Begin is all heart and no skill, D'Ago and Pax should stay based on what I'm seeing, but Begin should take a seat for Tanguay.

Kosto is money in the bank. More skill than Beggers, at least as much heart, and he doesn't throw himself out of position for a hit. Plex has been invisible except for his goal thus far. Higgins is fighting the puck.

Reasonable period. Gap control sucks, as does the passing. There seems to be a lack of creativity once the centre line is passed and it results in either a loss of the puck or sending it deep - which is a loss of the puck. Price looks shaky at times, but he's made most of the stops, and that's the way to increase your confidence.

Nice to hear that Plex was shaken with the trade rumours. ANother guy that WANTS to be here. Never bad news.

I really wish that all the periods the Habs play would be like this one. Exciting hockey, good show !!!

Edit : Gotta luv that Max Pac drops the gloves and take that guy out for 5 minutes, 5 minutes where he can't disturb Komisarek.

Edited by JoeLassister

The Habs better turn it up a notch in the next couple of periods.

Only a few minutes in did i not see Bouillon beat again leading to a good Kings scoring chance.

Cmon Carbo, put the Cube in the pressbox. His play is horrible. He pinches, but I ask why cause he never scores on the pinch, but just gets caught. I'm sick of seeing him in the lineup.

The Habs better turn it up a notch in the next couple of periods.

Only a few minutes in did i not see Bouillon beat again leading to a good Kings scoring chance.

Cmon Carbo, put the Cube in the pressbox. His play is horrible. He pinches, but I ask why cause he never scores on the pinch, but just gets caught. I'm sick of seeing him in the lineup.

WTF ? he shut down Dustin Brown twice in a row, he forchecked, he was in front of Quick once for a return. A- so far for Bouillon, IMO.