Habs vs. Kings | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Source?

Henry's a late scratch from the Hamilton lineup tonight. Also interesting to note that they're only dressing 11 forwards...injuries are starting to hurt the Bulldogs now.

http://stats.theahl.com/stats/game-summary...game_id=1005461

For waiver issues - he does have to clear re-entry waivers, however, if Gorges is IR'ed due to his injury (not LTIR either), the Habs could designate him as an emergency callup, which would quash the waiver issue short-term.

We need a freakin defensive coach. Today there were less odd man rushes, but too many open men all over the ice. This is causing them to be tentative when attacking, cuz they are scared of a defensive mistake.

This had me thinking about what our coaches roles are. Carbo is the head coach obviously but what specifically are Jarvis' and Muller's roles?

I honestly thought that Jarvis was our defensive coach.

The win is a win so...We did play better than the last few games but still far below expectations. Price was outstanding.

He may not be everyone's favourite, but Koivu was pretty instrumental in this win.

Plexie's goal was a result of Koivu gathering in his own end and putting forth a strong rush which resulted in the trip and subsequent goal.

He won the faceoff for Kosty's goal.

He scored the winning goal by crashing the net.

I'm not claiming anything other than mercy for Koivu for tonight. I don't think there can be too much debate on his value on this night.

Wow. I'm all for tradition, but some things should remain buried in the past...like that jersey. The Scum will be laughing as they paste us tomorrow.

Just say the replay of Higgins goal, great goal, no way that was a penalty, it was 50-50 give-and-take, he overpowered his man.

Well, at least we beat a team we should beat. I know it is hardly impressive beating them like that at home, but at least it is not another four-goal lifeless hammering.

He may not be everyone's favourite, but Koivu was pretty instrumental in this win.

Plexie's goal was a result of Koivu gathering in his own end and putting forth a strong rush which resulted in the trip and subsequent goal.

He won the faceoff for Kosty's goal.

He scored the winning goal by crashing the net.

I'm not claiming anything other than mercy for Koivu for tonight. I don't think there can be too much debate on his value on this night.

Totally agree with you. Koivu played great today. His vision was great. Second efforts were many.

For waiver issues - he does have to clear re-entry waivers, however, if Gorges is IR'ed due to his injury (not LTIR either), the Habs could designate him as an emergency callup, which would quash the waiver issue short-term.

How can they classify it as an emergency callup when they already have O'Byrne up to take Gorges spot?

Hmmm...that crazy striped pattern might throw the Bruins off their game. (Yeah, I'm grasping at straws..but I REALLY want the boys to beat the Bruins tomorrow!!!)

Imagine being Carbo and having to look at 20 of those in front of him all game long. I'd have the trainer on alert for any epilepsy breakout.

How can they classify it as an emergency callup when they already have O'Byrne up to take Gorges spot?

O'Byrne was already up - the team wanted to carry 7 d-men. Henry would not have been brought up had it not been for the injury, that's where they can be picky.

For the record, he's officially been recalled, a press release was sent out this morning.

And JLP, yes, it is eyesore jersey day.

This was an excellent game to watch. Even though the Habs didnt play the best they found a way to win at the end. Price had a pretty solid game. Made some big saves.

If i were LA i would be pretty pee-ed off at the refs. That Higgins goal could of been called a penalty for sure.