Who the Habs need?

KoZed

Pronger would be the best addition, if we aren't looking beyond this season. Look at what he did in Edmonton's playoff run (let alone Anaheim's); it's exactly what we need.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this players that the canadiens can realistically get? I'm going to assume so and say yes.

I'm going to pretend that i am Bob Gainey for this season and the offseason...during the season

I am going to say Higgins and Plekanec, 2 1st round Picks for JayBo (with a conditional signing of 2 years in Montreal)

Sign Emelin over the Summer

Sign PK Subban to a Contract

Let Breezer Retire, Let Cube Walk, Let Dandy Walk, Buy Out Begin, Kostopoulis

Resign Lang for a One Year Deal

Resign Kovalev

Let Koivu Walk to free agency if nothing can be done or trade him to Minnesota to play with Mikko

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=19335 ...Anybody Remember this guy? He would probably sign for a reasonable amount, and Voila...you have a solid Line Morozov-Lang-Kovalev

Sign Matthew Lombardi or Antoine Vermette for the right Price

Sign Greg Stewart

...I think if the Canadiens do this...they will be just fine and will really have taken a serious step forward

that would make the lineup look something like this

Morozov-Lang-AK27

AK46-Lombardi-Pacioretty

Lats-Vermette-SK74

Stewart-Lapierre-Diago

Now that is 4 Lines that Can Score right there!! (Keep Laraque for grit games...however our Blueline would look DAMN good and tough)

Markov-JayBo

Hammer-Komisarek

Emelin-Gorges

Obyrne

And then i woke up :lol: :lol: Ps: Salary Cap wise I think i would be royally F'ed LOL

Aside from the cap, this isn't NHL09. BG wouldn't dismantle the team he's worked hard to build for s***s and giggles. Plus, if BG had to chose, I'm sure he would let Kovalev walk before Koivu.

John Michael Liles

Preissing

Bouwmeester

MA Bergeron

Zidlicky

Hamhuis

Artyukhin

Matt Greene

O'Donnell

Schneider

Antropov

Chris Neil

Todd White

This is a basic list of moves/name(s) that I'd appreciate. Of course I could type Lecavalier but it's a longshot.

Is this players that the canadiens can realistically get? I'm going to assume so and say yes.

I'm going to pretend that i am Bob Gainey for this season and the offseason...during the season

I am going to say Higgins and Plekanec, 2 1st round Picks for JayBo (with a conditional signing of 2 years in Montreal)

Sign Emelin over the Summer

Sign PK Subban to a Contract

Let Breezer Retire, Let Cube Walk, Let Dandy Walk, Buy Out Begin, Kostopoulis

Resign Lang for a One Year Deal

Resign Kovalev

Let Koivu Walk to free agency if nothing can be done or trade him to Minnesota to play with Mikko

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=19335 ...Anybody Remember this guy? He would probably sign for a reasonable amount, and Voila...you have a solid Line Morozov-Lang-Kovalev

Sign Matthew Lombardi or Antoine Vermette for the right Price

Sign Greg Stewart

...I think if the Canadiens do this...they will be just fine and will really have taken a serious step forward

that would make the lineup look something like this

Morozov-Lang-AK27

AK46-Lombardi-Pacioretty

Lats-Vermette-SK74

Stewart-Lapierre-Diago

Now that is 4 Lines that Can Score right there!! (Keep Laraque for grit games...however our Blueline would look DAMN good and tough)

Markov-JayBo

Hammer-Komisarek

Emelin-Gorges

Obyrne

And then i woke up :lol: :lol: Ps: Salary Cap wise I think i would be royally F'ed LOL

Wow...just terrible...Morozov and Lang on a top line???????????????????????????????????????????????????? :puke:

Trading THAT much for Bouwmeester? No offense but who in their right mind deals 2 top 6 forwards and 2 first rounders for Bouwmeester???

Second line is filled with mediocrity in the short term...

3rd line is no different in the short term...

That is most certainly NOT 4 lines that can score...it's 4 lines with some up and coming young players, a couple of way past their due date vets, a couple of long time underacheivers and a couple of fringe NHL guys. Bleh.

I agree that this team needs a d-man...and I don't believe it has to be a top tier guy like Bouwmeester, though it obviously wouldn't hurt.

A healthy team wouldn't hurt either...would get the lines playing well again and solidify roles. Other then that, let it ride.

not a trade that could be done now but rather around draft day: How about Bergeron ?? he would cost few $$ morethan koivu but he's younger and has a great hockey sense.

from a boston point of view, they dont really need him as they have Krejci and Savard.

I know that a few years ago Gainey inquired about him but couldn't be had at the time, but now ??

Higgins (30 goals) - Koivu (70+ points) - Tanguay (70+ points)

Kostitsyn (60+ points) - Plekanec - (70 points) Kovalev (30 + goals, 80+ points)

The Montreal Canadiens need their top two lines to produce like they are all capable of! (and healthy)

Edited by habsfan88

Higgins (30 goals) - Koivu (70+ points) - Tanguay (70+ points)

Kostitsyn (60+ points) - Plekanec - (70 points) Kovalev (30 + goals, 80+ points)

The Montreal Canadiens need their top two lines to produce like they are all capable of! (and healthy)

yeah !! likeTHAT will ever happen!!

Kovy and Koivu are over the hill and Plekanec is STILL playing like a little girl.

as for higgins, its har for him to score 30+ goals as a 2nd line winger who's bound to lose alot of PP time to Pacioretty in the near future. realisticly I think he,s more a 20+goals and 50+ points a year player.

Kostitsyn has to be more assertive and stop sucking on Kovy teet.

if healthy and he signs here I think tanguay will regain scoring/playmaking touch and hit the 70 pts mark yearly.

The Habs need a coach or a player who understands the concept of defensive play with puck possession & transition play to have better offensive puck possession IMO. The puck is gold and the Habs give it away over and over and over and over and over and over again - ENOUGH!. We needed this change 2 weeks ago. :angry: They'd better at least put in an effort against the Oil.

I'm sick and tired of them throwing it away when they're not under forechecking trouble. They give it away? Why?

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

The Habs need a coach or a player who understands the concept of defensive play with puck possession

I'd think Gainey, Carbo, Muller & Jarvis put together can come to some general understanding of the concept of defensive play... Maybe...

I'd think Gainey, Carbo, Muller & Jarvis put together can come to some general understanding of the concept of defensive play... Maybe...

apparently they have a problem passing their knowledge to their players. they were good hockey players but that doens't make them good coaches. I do have hope though..if gretzky made it I think Carbo will too.

actually maybe a guy that could help once in a while( à la gaston gingras) is Yanick perreault. he was one of te best faceoff guy for a long time. Maybe he could teach these guys how to cheat properly in order to win a faceoff.